Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...

Go down 
+2
PKT
Justin Linker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Empty
PostSubject: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 5:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just a snippet of the beat I'm doing for my dude Rizky for his mixtape. Let me know what you think. The first 16 bars is the verse and the last 8 bars is the hook. My sampling is improving tremendously. Feedback wanted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 11:00 am

That's very dope, not really my style of instruments, but I still like it very much, melody is good and I like drums, exept that different snare in chorus doesn't sound good, some other snare would be better imo.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 12:08 pm

I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I'm having second thoughts about that snare in the hook myself. It disturbs the melody, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 5:49 pm

Sounds pretty dope, Linker. I agree about that second snare, its no good. My only other critique would be that it sounds a little plain but I think when dude raps on it it will take care of that.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 6:03 pm

Here it is without that snare in the chorus

It will sound better when he raps on it.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 6:55 pm

I thought the first one was pretty dope, but it is actually noticeably better without the snares.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

The snares kinda interrupted the melody, IMO
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 1:12 am

Dope stuff Linker! I really like the tempo and melody of the beat, it meshed well with the doo wop singers towards the end..lol.. I prefer the second version without the extra snares, either way that was some dope ish.

I finally got around to peeping the beat you send me, and that shit is dope! Hopefully some time next month I can go to the studio and record my verse for the track. I'll keep you posted..

Peace
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 6:50 pm

Yeah, the second version is much better. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:23 am

I like it man its soooo chill like I could here Talib or common on here easily really nice vibe and the instrumentals blend very nicely can't wait to hear the final product....
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:47 am

arokone wrote:
Dope stuff Linker! I really like the tempo and melody of the beat, it meshed well with the doo wop singers towards the end..lol.. I prefer the second version without the extra snares, either way that was some dope ish.

I finally got around to peeping the beat you send me, and that shit is dope! Hopefully some time next month I can go to the studio and record my verse for the track. I'll keep you posted..

Peace

I appreciate it man. As for the collabo, glad you're still down. My bad for not getting back to you, the dude on the second verse is taking his sweet time I was hoping to get the first 3 verses recorded then send it to you so you can do the 4th verse. So far only Shaun got his recorded. Hopefully everyone will get theirs done more sooner than later.

Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 2:50 am

LivenLearn wrote:
I like it man its soooo chill like I could here Talib or common on here easily really nice vibe and the instrumentals blend very nicely can't wait to hear the final product....

Thanks man. I can't wait to hear it either. lol. This one will be released with the quickness. This will probably be finished in 2 weeks. This is the quickest project I ever worked on. I just now finished the beat. My dude Rizky (his album cover is my avatar) is doing the verses, he is a very dope MC from North Carolina. He is guaranteed to do it justice. Cannot fucking wait. I will post it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...   Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip-Hop R&B'ish instrumental...
Page 1 of 1