Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Raekwon album is apparently insane

Go down 
+11
KJ Styles
Shaun
Tic706
Justin Linker
E. Taylor
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
SyRuP Sippa
Highsmith
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Empty
PostSubject: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:23 pm

...so go out and cop it next week...im tempted to dl but im waitin this out i got to
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

If there anyone on here who doesn't go buy it, they are softer than baby thighs.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:36 pm

I already pre ordered it from Itunes...2 bonus tracks

Wu Crime w/GZA & Killah Priest and
Your World & My World w/Havoc
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:11 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I already pre ordered it from Itunes...2 bonus tracks

Wu Crime w/GZA & Killah Priest and
Your World & My World w/Havoc

damn.... just the names and features got me hype son...don't usually do that itunes shit but 2 free tracks is money...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
If there anyone on here who doesn't go buy it, they are softer than baby thighs.

hahaha... that's funny son...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:50 pm

fuck my life i just listened to 3 songs on youtube, its incredible i cant listen to anymore til the 8th...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:57 pm

I was listening to Snippets of the album on YT and couldn't get past 40 secs cause its too insane. This album is gonna be crazy. Solidify WU as the greatest movement of all time. People may even start calling Rea a GOAT
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

I'm actually more excited for this than i was OB4CL2
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 2:36 am

I'm not really a fan of Raekwon as an emcee, but this sounds like its going to be beyond excellent.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:22 am

Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

i heard a youtube video with some snippets form this joint yesterday if neone wants to look it up
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 2:16 pm

Best Buy will supposedly have this $7.99 in the store on Tuesday
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 2:23 pm

Last edited by Justin Linker on Sat 05 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 3:14 pm

I didn't pre-order because OB4CL2 was easily available everywhere so i assume this will be the same. I know the posters on ughh were bashing this album, but they tend to be bitter jerks so i will pay them no mind.

Last edited by T. Myers on Sat 05 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

I don't pay attention to any opinions i see on UGHH.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

Hmmm. 7.99 at best buy would be tempting but I can't find it on the site either...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 9:56 am

Target has this and Lupe in their ad for $9.99, and Best Buy has this in their ad for $7.99 and Lupe for $9.99.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 11:48 am

there ya go
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Target has this and Lupe in their ad for $9.99, and Best Buy has this in their ad for $7.99 and Lupe for $9.99.

All good. Cancelling by pre orders now.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

Ah, Might hit up best buy on tuesday then.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 6:51 pm

A bunch of younger kids I went to school with downloaded the new Lupe and said it was trash. They praise him as the best ever, too.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 7:02 pm

I have seen so many mixed reviews for that Lupe album. So i'm still getting it. As usual I think expectations and pre over hype added to the real bad reviews. Most are saying it sounds too commericial and safe some are saying lyrically and subject matter wise its still Lupe all the way just to many poppy hooks and beats. So i'll hear it for myself.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

I won't be messing with the Lupe. I loved F&L But thought The Cool was rubbish and the shit I heard from this isn't my taste.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I have seen so many mixed reviews for that Lupe album. So i'm still getting it. As usual I think expectations and pre over hype added to the real bad reviews. Most are saying it sounds too commericial and safe some are saying lyrically and subject matter wise its still Lupe all the way just to many poppy hooks and beats. So i'll hear it for myself.

considering your tastes you will probably like the commercial generic stuff so it sounds right up your alley...the new TI, the new Bone Thugs, for example. If you like those im assuming you'd like the Lupe from the reviews i read, but ive heard the Lupe was straight traaaaash but havent heard it myself yet.

Wink
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:47 pm

I doubt that the new Lupe will be as good as F&L or The Cool (which I like despite what the forum thinks) but I won't regret coppin it. If it's wack, then I just keep the tracks that I do like and not fuck with the others.

I'll be shocked if the Rae is as good as OB4CL2. Unless it heavily features Ghostface then I doubt it will be. Nevertheless I'm coppin it.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

I'll be copping this tomorrow most definitely. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm

I downloaded the new Lupe album and I like it overall. I don't expect anybody in here to feel the same way though except for maybe Rice Cube.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I downloaded the new Lupe album and I like it overall. I don't expect anybody in here to feel the same way though except for maybe Rice Cube.

I've heard lots of mixed feedback about Lupe's new album KJ. What's your early rating for it?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:30 pm

Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I've heard lots of mixed feedback about Lupe's new album KJ. What's your early rating for it?

I'd say 4 stars after one spin. It's definitely commercial but Lupe's lyrics are still compelling on most tracks.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:34 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I'd say 4 stars after one spin. It's definitely commercial but Lupe's lyrics are still compelling on most tracks.

Ok cool. I told Terry earlier I was probably going to stay away from this one, but after hearing your opinion on it, I may check it out.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

KJ is a huge Lupe fan though so you should take that into account. My inclination would be to remove 1/2 to a 1 star from that rating.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 5:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ is a huge Lupe fan though so you should take that into account. My inclination would be to remove 1/2 to a 1 star from that rating.

That's why I said I don't expect anyone in here to like it as much as me. In fact, I'd tell you and most others in this forum to avoid it altogether. If you didn't like his first 2 albums you're not gonna like this one.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 6:00 pm

I didn't dislike his first two albums, i'd probably give em 3 to 3.5
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 7:26 pm

Yeah Lasers is a 2.5 to 3 star joint. Lupe himself didn't like it. Pretty boring overall. Some nice tracks, some awful ones, a lot of eh ones. As for this Raekwon I'll definitely be listening tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:01 pm

I liked the Lupe overall, I have it at about 3.5-4 stars. Why would an artist himself put out an album if they don't like it?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:37 pm

"I liked the Lupe overall, I have it at about 3.5-4 stars. Why would an artist himself put out an album if they don't like it? "

LL, Eminem, etc
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:42 pm

They don't like it once the reviews, sales and/or backlash comes into play. Before that they are all good with it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:46 pm

there are plenty of albums artists were unhappy with before they go released and despite getting positive reviews: 8 Diagrams, Wu Massacre, 2examples there are a ton more
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:15 am

Lupe was pretty clear that Lasers wasn't just his album, as most albums aren't solely belonging to the artists. It seemed like he was expressing disappointment at the label's input.

Back to the subject, if someone told me (from Immobilarity to OB4CL2) that I would be this hyped to pick up a Raekwon album the day it drops...never would've believed.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:35 am

"Back to the subject, if someone told me (from Immobilarity to OB4CL2) that I would be this hyped to pick up a Raekwon album the day it drops...never would've believed."

This
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 2:28 pm

This album is so dope.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

Dope album after 1 spin. The only track that I could call a skip track after 1 spin is clearly Rock And Roll. I will rate this after I spin it some more. The 2 bonus tracks on Itunes are money also.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

Bangin ass album, I have it at 4.25-4.5 stars after two spins. Nas and Black Thought murdered their verses!!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 6:16 pm

I'm pissed god damn it. I went to FYE, the only place near that has hip-hop CDs. I went to get this album and guess what?? They only had the clean version. What the hell son
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

jesus fuck "Snake Pond" i cant even get through the first 7 tracks i keep rewinding/repeating...i am not reviewing this album til next tuesday at the earliest
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 11:42 pm

Just got finished bumping this one. 4 star album.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 11:45 pm

What's up Wayne? ..Long time homie. I know this just came out today and you ranked it as a 4 but what did you rank Gutter Rainbows? and Saigon?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 12:10 am

how can people rate this album? it takes me at least a week to even think about numerical rankings
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 12:11 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
how can people rate this album? it takes me at least a week to even think about numerical rankings

I can always give an initial rating, but i agree what i feel today won't always be the same as it will be a week from now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 12:22 am

i will say the hook on Rock N Roll is the low point of the album. The beat is hard though and the verses are dope, that hook is horrendous though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Raekwon album is apparently insane   The new Raekwon album is apparently insane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Raekwon album is apparently insane
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next