Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaine - A World With no Skies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Slaine - A World With no Skies Empty
PostSubject: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

Slaine - A World With no Skies 1288459410165_f

I recently heard this album, which I found very interesting. I think that Slaine is a dope Mc, he can go from battle to social issues to personal conflicts in a minute, I like his versatility. Standout tracks from this one are A World With no Skies, Crillionaires, I Ain't Done (creepy!) and Till The Day We Die. I particularly appreciated Statik Selektah productions.

Anyone has heard it?

To me it's easily a 4 stars out of 5.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

isnt this album still pushed back indefinitely?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:23 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
isnt this album still pushed back indefinitely?

Last i heard was the revamped version will drop in May, and it's gonna be fairly different than the OG.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

maybe it dropped in Europe already the OG at least
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:28 pm

Not to my knowledge. The album leaked back in October when it was supposed to drop.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

I liked this album. It showed a lot of development...from subject matter to song structure Slaine was not afraid to experiment here. At the same time, I think those are also the reasons I have had a more difficult time getting into the album. As of now I would actually rank this last in his disxography. I have a feeling that this album will get better with time. As it is I would rate it just under 4 stars, but with more replay value than that would suggest.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 4:03 am

From what I remember reading from Slaine's facebook, he's sending out the OG version for those who pre-order the new version. Don't have no sources to back that up though, I just remember reading about it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 8:30 am

Victor Shade wrote:
From what I remember reading from Slaine's facebook, he's sending out the OG version for those who pre-order the new version. Don't have no sources to back that up though, I just remember reading about it.

I don't know if everyone who pre-ordered received the OG, but some people did. I know Rukus and SRP both got the OG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaine - A World With no Skies   Slaine - A World With no Skies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaine - A World With no Skies
Page 1 of 1