Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cam'ron-Come Home With Me

Go down 
+6
Highsmith
KJ Styles
Half
Tic706
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Empty
PostSubject: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 2:08 pm

Cam'ron-Come Home With Me 61tijAn%2BhHL._SL500_AA300_

This album rarely gets mentioned, and i assume most think it is average. IMO, this was the pinnacle of old Cam'ron mixed with whole Dipset stylings. Lyrically, it may not be his best, but it is close. It probably contains the best production of his career as well. Say what you want, but Oh Boy was a catchy, great single. Live My Life(Leave Me Alone) was bound to be dope from the start due to the beat despite it being recycled. Losing Weight is a banger. Welcome To New York City is the best track on the album. Thoughts? Any Killa Cam fans out there besides Wayne, Slang, and SRP?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

This is a great album and probably the best he had dropped up that point, but I do think Cam was doper on Purple Haze so I'd say this is his second best CD to me.

It's a dope CD and the production is top notch and so are the guests. I think the only gripe I would have for it is that it's missing a little of that Cam'ron signature sound to it. It feels like a Roc-a-fella album or Jay-Z album with Cam'ron rapping, if that makes any sense. Still dope and definitely Cam's most accessible album.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

Yeah I revisted this album a few months ago and it sounded good. It has dope beats, hooks, subject matter and some crazy humor spread throughout. The replay value is not high in my book because his style wears on me after awhile but when I do play it I enjoy it. This one and Crime Pays are the only two Camron albums I can really spin all the way through.

I'd give this album a 3.75-4.0.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm

Yeah I actually like this album too and like SRP I feel that Purple Haze is better. I'd give this about the same rating KRob gives it. I'm a pretty original guy.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

I agree with your assessment for the most part Terry. I'd say this is his 2nd best album behind Confessions Of Fire. I think he was better lyrically on COF but CHWM had his best production.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 9:51 pm

What KJ said.....I think Confessions Of Fire is his best album but the production on Come Home With Me was better IMO...I haven't listened to Cam in a minute so I need to listen to some of his music. I have the first 4 solo CDs. When he became heavy into Dipset, I had to leave him alone. The production was there but the lyrics suffered miserably...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011, 8:13 am

Highsmith wrote:
What KJ said.....I think Confessions Of Fire is his best album but the production on Come Home With Me was better IMO...I haven't listened to Cam in a minute so I need to listen to some of his music. I have the first 4 solo CDs. When he became heavy into Dipset, I had to leave him alone. The production was there but the lyrics suffered miserably...

Yeah, i pretty much agree with this. However, Killa Season and especially Crime Pays both have some really dope tracks and worth a purchase if you find them cheap.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

For some reason i dig Cam'ron's lyrics when they are the elementary Dipset style more than his trying to be serious lyrics...Purple Haze is prob my fav from him, then this

Diplomatic Immunity >>>> all those though...
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011, 8:26 pm

Very good album. Possibly Cam's best. 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011, 9:16 pm

I think I'll induct Killa Cam into my Top 5 thread soon
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:57 pm

Purple Haze is also my favorite Killa album (4.5) but I honestly haven't spun Confessions of Fire in a long time. I remember that I HATED Horse and Carriage but I used to like the rest of it for the most part. Crime Pays is also good (3.5) but I got bored of it really quick. As for Come Home With Me...Oh Boy and Hey Ma was enough for me to not wanna even give it a listen. I fucking HATE HATE HATE those songs. Hate. Perhaps I will DL it now that those songs are no longer spun every 15 seconds like they were back then. God damn it, I hate the radio.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011, 9:18 pm

Oh Boy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

Come on, mayne...really? Oh Boy was 2002's Crank Dat as far as I am concerned, lol.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Come on, mayne...really? Oh Boy was 2002's Crank Dat as far as I am concerned, lol.

I wouldn't go that far. While I'm not a huge fan of "Oh Boy" it's nowhere near as bad as Crank Dat, or any Souljah Boy record for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cam'ron-Come Home With Me   Cam'ron-Come Home With Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cam'ron-Come Home With Me
Page 1 of 1