Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Sky Black Death - Noir

Go down 
2 posters

How do you rate it?
5 stars
Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Vote_lcap0%Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4 stars
Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Vote_lcap100%Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
3.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Empty
PostSubject: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir   Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 11:50 pm

Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Blue_Sky_Black_Death-Noir-2011-

Well, I decided to just listen to the album right now and drop a quick review. I stumbled upon this album only a couple of hours ago by looking at the new releases that last.fm recommended me, I didn't even know about this project beforehand. The description on the webpage led me to believe that this was a return to more hip-hop sounding beats, and compared to their last two albums this is true. However, when comparing this to say, A Heap of Broken Images or even Late Night Cinema, the connection to hip-hop is tenuous at best. This album is decidedly more influenced by electronica than the two albums I just mentioned. Furthermore, the album is probably the most dramatic of the releases that I have heard from them. "In The Quiet Absence of God" sounds like something M83 made entire albums out of back in the day. "Fire for Light" sounds like a long lost Lorn track. But there are some moments on here where BSBD brings back a bit of the formula that got me into them in the first place, like on Sleeping Children Are Still Flying and And Stars, Ringed. Other tracks mash up the electronic tendencies of the album with hip-hop vibes, such as Gold In Gold Out. But after getting about halfway through the album I realized that my concern with how "hip-hop" it sounded was pretty pointless. Anyway, I'm comfortable with giving this 4 stars for now. If you are looking for an instrumental album that will most likely take you out of your comfort zone, then you'll probably dig this.

Favorite tracks: Sleeping Children Are Still Flying, Gold In Gold Out, Sky With Hand
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir   Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

So seriously nobody has heard this album yet?

Blue Sky Black Death - Noir For-my-fans-of-the-wire-sheeeeit-obama-hope-change
Back to top Go down
coloured penicillin
Jump!
Jump!
coloured penicillin

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir   Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

Great album, all of BSBD shit is solid. I try not to listen to their instrumentals too much because they will start to become familiar. I just save this album and A Heap of Broken Images for when I'm burning and cruising in the whip.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir   Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

coloured penicillin wrote:
Great album, all of BSBD shit is solid. I try not to listen to their instrumentals too much because they will start to become familiar. I just save this album and A Heap of Broken Images for when I'm burning and cruising in the whip.

A Heap of Broken Images is still my favorite album from these guys. And yeah they do have a certain style that kinda makes some tracks seem similar after a while. However I recently spun the shit out of this album again which is why I bumped the thread. I'm actually thinking of bumping my rating up to a 4.25 or something. Seems to get better the more I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir   Blue Sky Black Death - Noir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Sky Black Death - Noir
Page 1 of 1