Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Underrated Series: Week 1

Go down 
+8
KJ Styles
parker lewis
T. Myers
D.Powell
Justin Linker
Shaun
Tic706
Wayne
12 posters

Most underrated?
Too Hard To Swallow
The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_lcap9%The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Super Tight
The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_lcap9%The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Ridin Dirty
 9% [ 1 ]
Dirty Money
The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_lcap36%The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Underground Kingz
The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_lcap18%The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
UGK 4 Life
The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_lcap18%The Underrated Series: Week 1 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

The Underrated Series: Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

Well, I'll go ahead and get this thread started! No set ground rules for this one, other than you picking which album you feel is the artists' most underrated and why. We'll begin the first edition with.....

The Underrated Series: Week 1 Ugk-the-game-belongs-to-me

Last edited by Wayne on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

I'm going with Underground Kingz. I really feel all their albums get their proper due but this one should be mentioned not far behind Super Tight and Ridin Dirty. They picked the right guest for the most part, dope subject matter, and good production.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

I'm gonna go with Too Hard To Swallow. I'd call it a personal classic; around 4.5 stars
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

Dirty Money is my pick. I know there was a long period in between this release and Ridin Dirty in 96, but they still brought in on Dirty Money, a complete 4 star album.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

Underground Kingz is my pick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 8:42 am

UGK 4 Life,

that's at least a 4.75 stars IMO.....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

I would say Dirty Money cause it's better than most give it credit for, but it's still the worst album in their discog.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

Anybody feel up to the task of educating Pile on the meaning of 'underrated'?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 6:58 pm

Am I the only one who feels Underground Kingz is a 5 star album?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

Wayne wrote:
Am I the only one who feels Underground Kingz is a 5 star album?

SRP does also but he overrates just about every UGK album. It's only 4 stars to me.

My pick is UGK 4 Life, it's a near classic (4.5 stars)
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 11:27 pm

I'm going with Dirty Money....it was a long time after Ridin' Dirty but with tracks like Let Me See It, Choppin' Blades & Look At Me...it's a dope album to me. I expected better seeing that it came after Ridin' Dirty but I would still give it 4-4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

I picked "Super Tight." Most seem to consider "Ridin' Dirty" their opus and their breakthrough, but "Super Tight" came first and I actually prefer it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 7:33 am

parker lewis wrote:
Anybody feel up to the task of educating Pile on the meaning of 'underrated'?

anybody feel like educating leonard on the fact that dead dogs don't truly exist??

also let him know that his hand has many more uses than just wiping his ass and picking his nose...lol

UGK 4 Life is an underrated disc in UGK's catalog by the general public IN MY OPINION fuckface, I don't think the general public mentions that album as one of their best in their discography which explains why I feel it is their most underrated album in their catalog.....again this is in MY opinion not yours dumb ass...which of their albums does lil leonard feel is the most underrated in their catalog?? next time answer the question before you make another attempt at some extremely LAME humor okay toothpick...lol
Back to top Go down
Red Clay
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
Red Clay

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

Underground Kingz.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

It's not lame humor. Nobody rates ...For Life under 4 stars. That hardly makes it underrated.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

hmm im not sure what to choose here but my instinct tells me Underground Kingz but i feel like that was one of their biggest albums...

either that or Too Hard to Swallow. THTS is prob my 2nd favorite from the group
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

parker lewis wrote:
It's not lame humor. Nobody rates ...For Life under 4 stars. That hardly makes it underrated.

Says who?? You???

that album was generally slept on by the hip-hop nation....I'm pretty sure it's rarely mentioned as being one of UGK's best albums.....but to me it is...hence the word UNDERRATED...

it's a matter of opinion dumb ass.....lol....there is no right answer....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

UGK has at least 5 albums that could honestly be rated at 4.5 stars or more. I don't see how any of those albums are or could be underrated.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

lol @ your 'hip-hop nation'...

Find a review under 4 stars. I think there's 2 on amazon. Unheard is not underrated. So I guess I'm the one to learn ya... once again.

Go ahead and PM me your social so I can claim you next spring, idiot.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

parker lewis wrote:
lol @ your 'hip-hop nation'...

Find a review under 4 stars. I think there's 2 on amazon. Unheard is not underrated. So I guess I'm the one to learn ya... once again.

Go ahead and PM me your social so I can claim you next spring, idiot.

so your basing everything you know off of amazon reviews??? wow I truly hope not...have you ever seen some of the shit they rate 5 stars over there on amazon?? LMAO!!!!

umm which UGK effort is their most underrated in your opinion leonard?? you never even answered the original question...all you've done is jump on my dick ONCE AGAIN.....answer the question leonard....

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

T. Myers wrote:
UGK has at least 5 albums that could honestly be rated at 4.5 stars or more. I don't see how any of those albums are or could be underrated.

again this all opinion Terry....there is no right answer under this thread mane.....that's why Wayne listed 'em all to choose from
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

You're right. It's all opinion, but those 5 albums do not have much wiggle room though, and there's not a huge gap in opinions on those albums. It's my opinion that it's hard to overrate or underrate those 5 albums. they are rated accordingly.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

well then according to that philosophy Dirty Money can be the only choice Terry which would make absolutely no sense to me man....because then that defeats the purpose of even having them in the thread which in that case you need to talk to Wayne because he listed them all and not just Dirty Money....

lil leonard fucked himself again Terry....don't fall victim to his propaganda....he still hasn't even listed his choice...lol, dumb ass!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

In my opinion, UGK was a horrible group/artist to use in this thread, but it's Wayne's thread so i gave the only choice that was logical to me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

T. Myers wrote:
In my opinion, UGK was a horrible group/artist to use in this thread, but it's Wayne's thread so i gave the only choice that was logical to me.

ahhh the sheer beauty of OPINION....gotta love it baby bubba! lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:31 pm

It's not propaganda... its the English language, Pile. 'Underrated' is an actual term with an actual meaning.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

parker lewis wrote:
It's not propaganda... its the English language, Pile. 'Underrated' is an actual term with an actual meaning.

what is UGK's most underrated effort in your opinion lil luck??? you are really struggling to answer this extremely basic question doofus....
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

I don't think there are any underrated albums in UGKs catalog. If anything, I think they tend to be slightly over-esteemed. I like their music, a whole bunch actually. It just seems that they somehow avoid too much criticism where sometimes other acts would get called out.

...For Life is definitely not underrated, unless you propose a 5 star stone-cold classic rating. I'm not even against that, because opinions are opinions. But, that would be a higher value than most folk seem willing to give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Underrated Series: Week 1   The Underrated Series: Week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Underrated Series: Week 1
Page 1 of 1