Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Meets Evil

Go down 
+11
Justin Linker
E. Taylor
KJ Styles
Half
Shaun
Highsmith
thelundquist
Tic706
Laced With Slang
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
15 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

Bad Meets Evil 220px-BadMeetsEvil

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

I still haven't heard it and I let my napster subscription lapse.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

i was in best buy and passed on buying this...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Left it in the store. Royce shines and Em holds on for the ride.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

It grew on me. I like it more with each listen. Would have been infinitely better if it came out a decade ago, but I'm still really glad this project happened. Royce holds it down and is the main attraction, but Em does do his thing too. The production is really nice to me as well. 4/5 (I know i put 4.5 yesterday, but I've come back down to earth a little.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm

The album is worth the $9.99 for the deluxe edition. Welcome to Hell is dope, and i hope Havoc comes this hard on the new Mobb material. Fastlane, Above The Law, Take From Me, Loud Noises, Living Proof, and Echo are all good too. so that's 7 of the 11 tracks that are good IMO. Lighters and and i'm On Everything are ok too. The Reunion and A Kiss were the only songs i didn't like at all.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

I got a download of this. I'll listen to it soon and give my thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The album is worth the $9.99 for the deluxe edition. Welcome to Hell is dope, and i hope Havoc comes this hard on the new Mobb material. Fastlane, Above The Law, Take From Me, Loud Noises, Living Proof, and Echo are all good too. so that's 7 of the 11 tracks that are good IMO. Lighters and and i'm On Everything are ok too. The Reunion and A Kiss were the only songs i didn't like at all.

I agree from the couple of spins I've given. I'm On Everything is pretty dope to me, though. Didn't like it at first
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

Fastlane sucks
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 2:13 am

You suck
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

Fastlane is dope as fuck, Half is on crack! In fact it's one of my favs on the album.

After two spins I've got this at 4 stars, I like 8 out of the 11 tracks.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

Definitely a dope Ep. Some people just nitpick too much.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

Royce and the beats were nice. The hooks and Eminem let me defecate. I won't buy this until it drops to $5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:54 am

Not nitpicking, that chorus is too gay I can't listen to the whole track because of it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

That is one of the best hooks on the album. If you can't listen to Fast Lane because of the hook, I can't imagine what you would listen to on here
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

Shaun wrote:
That is one of the best hooks on the album. If you can't listen to Fast Lane because of the hook, I can't imagine what you would listen to on here

That's what I was worried about, thanks for letting me know. I'll still give it a try but my expectations are low.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011, 7:19 pm

Ready to rate it now. I'll go 4 stars for now. On a good day maybe 4.25. I really dig most of it. I don't like "Lighters" and really don't care for "A Kiss" either. The rest is on point. The production is a surprise because I really didn't expect to like it after seeing the producer line up.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 7:10 pm

Not feelin' this album. Would have preferred a Royce solo or another Slaughterhouse joint.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 8:01 pm

Ah. I did not know you haven't heard it yet, Half
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:23 pm

What E Taylor said to a T...after 1 spin I'm willing to give this atleast a 4.25 right now. Maybe I'm just not use to hearing anything close to The Eminem show. This is also my first Royce experience and the 2 collaborated very well together. The 2 songs I don't care for are also "Lighters" and "A Kiss", but they aren't whack. "I'm On Everything" is just OK to me as well.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:33 pm

Yeah i'm really digging this. It's getting better with each spin to me. "I'm On Everything" is getting kind of old though. Not quite sure why some didn't like this. Maybe i'm too big a stan to hear the flaws.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

Finally gave this the first spin.

Thoughts:

1. I'm On Everything is fucking dope. I love Mike Epps though and this shit is dope.
2. Lighters is annoying on the hook, verses is dope though.
3. A Kiss doesn't really bother me.
4. Overall, really happy with this CD, probably gonna love it even more with more spins.

Now on to giving the Tech a proper spin.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 10:14 pm

"Thoughts:

1. I'm On Everything is fucking dope. I love Mike Epps though and this shit is dope.
2. Lighters is annoying on the hook, verses is dope though.
3. A Kiss doesn't really bother me.
4. Overall, really happy with this CD, probably gonna love it even more with more spins."

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 11:13 pm

Em kills I'm On Everything, by the way. Rapes it, too
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:51 am

You know, I normally don't buy EPs, but I might buy this one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:55 am

The Deluxe Edition has 11 tracks. Illmatic has 10. Quit with the EP nonsense, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

I normally don't listen to EPs...but when I do, I prefer Illmatic.

Keep it hip hop my friends.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

ILLMATIC is NOT an EP.......................
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
ILLMATIC is NOT an EP.......................

It's really hard to tell how serious you are with this...

Just in case...I was joking...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

I was joking Halfster. It is well known that Bad Meets Evil is billed as an EP.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:19 pm

I was just busting Wayne's balls over the EP comment. The deluxe edition is as long as if not longer than Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, Tougher Than Leather, Doe Or Die, Illmatic, and a lot of other classic "LP's".
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

I'll be copping the Deluxe Edition this week, probably on Friday!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 2:00 pm

I bought the Deluxe Edition today, can't wait to bump this joint.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011, 1:59 pm

I have nothing good to say about this. I am sure that if I forced myself to listen to it more it would eventually become cool but to me it's not worth the effort. I respect the skills of both Royce and Em but I they're styles aren't for me, I guess. The choruses are all terrible and the album just has an overall feel of trying too hard to be something it isn't. Almost as if it is trying to be hard or edgy but still pop...idk.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011, 5:54 pm

Just got finished bumping this. I like it. I'd give it 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 6:37 pm

Someone here said that Royce steals the show and Em is along for the ride. That's exactly how I feel about this album. I'm disapointed man. I thought I'd really enjoy this, but I'm just not feelin' it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
Ah. I did not know you haven't heard it yet, Half

Well I finally got around to hearing this thanks to Spotify. And to my surprise I liked it after one listen. Welcome 2 Hell is a nice opener that slides into Fast Lane quite nicely. Fast Lane has grown on me a lot (the chorus doesn't annoy me that much anymore... probably b/c I heard that Tech album... lowered my expectations for choruses in "hot" hip hop albums now). I also like The Reunion even though once again there's a weird ass chorus. I actually like pretty much everything up to Lighters except for Above The Law, which is just boring. Then Lighters comes on with its emo, gay, stadium pop rap shit, and it brought the EP to a screeching halt. Pretty much every track after it is just ok or boring, except Living Proof isn't bad. I guess I'll give it 3.5 stars though. Royce and Em have great chemistry on almost every track and drop some hot lines. The production is pretty good too.

Highlights: Welcome 2 Hell, Fast Lane, I'm On Everything, A Kiss
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Jump!
Jump!

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

I've been sitting on this ep for a month now and overall I think it's pretty decent.

Royce and Em got a long history togethor and as a fan of both I was really happy to hear them reconcile their differences and get back into the studio togethor. When I heard about this record I admit I got pretty hyped for it, but thankfully it didn't come off as forced or poorly prepared - They were smart about this and took their time on it and I think it shows.

Only track I would put as subpar (in fact, I would even put it as terrabad) is Lighters. Bruno Mars absolutely wrecks the flow of the album and it almost made me want to stop listening too it. Unforutantly the song's verses aren't that impressive from either one so I feel the song is unsavable. Deleted it from my ipod and the ep sounds a lot better without it. The other track that I thought was kind of weak was I'm On Everything, mostly because even after 5-6 listens the chorus just comes as offputting and awkwardly worded, but unlike Lighters, the verses themselves are pretty tight. As for who did a better show, I'm really surprised to hear myself say this but I kinda liked Em's spots a little better. It seems like the lyrics are a better version of what he was going for on Recovery and got the production to support it (Rec. instrumentals were what ruined the album for me btw). It's a lot wetter then Royces vocals but they're more memorable

Overall this is definitly worth a peak if you like either artist. I'd give it a 6.5/10 for an ep, 7 if you listen to it without Lighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Meets Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Meets Evil   Bad Meets Evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Meets Evil
Page 1 of 1