Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop

Go down 
+6
parker lewis
Deanie O'Banion
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
Justin Linker
J. Harris
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 6:18 pm

Cory wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Asher Roth is straight garbage

i like the energy on that album. asher does not have skill imo, but there are multiple reasons for listening to music. a lot of the albums mentioned in this thread are great for listening to on your head phones at home or traveling when you can pay close attention to what your listening to. but when im going out with my friends i want something you can just play with lots of energy, most the albums listed here would put you to sleep rather then get your in a good mood.

Cosign... Roth is enjoyable for what is is...people just have tendencies and preferences... which is fine as long as you don't equate it to = good.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 8:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Cory wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i like the energy on that album. asher does not have skill imo, but there are multiple reasons for listening to music. a lot of the albums mentioned in this thread are great for listening to on your head phones at home or traveling when you can pay close attention to what your listening to. but when im going out with my friends i want something you can just play with lots of energy, most the albums listed here would put you to sleep rather then get your in a good mood.

Cosign... Roth is enjoyable for what is is...people just have tendencies and preferences... which is fine as long as you don't equate it to = good.

i get the point but even when im with friends at a party or bar i dont like this guy....when im at these places im cool with lil jon and the typical club stuff, jeezy, etc. but even in these situations i still think Roth is a cornball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 8:38 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Cory wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i get the point but even when im with friends at a party or bar i dont like this guy....when im at these places im cool with lil jon and the typical club stuff, jeezy, etc. but even in these situations i still think Roth is a cornball

I agree Slang. Dude makes Paul Wall sound like Rakim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 10:22 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Cory wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I agree Slang. Dude makes Paul Wall sound like Rakim.

once again kj misses the point completely.

Slang, i get what you saying. i dont like anything about lil jons music and think hes a cornball. so when i listen to asher its the same as when you listen to lil jon. we know they are not lyrical but we can enjoy it under certain circumstances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 10:42 pm

Asher Roth suffers a big backlash from college age white rap fans...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 3:47 am

I'm a college age white "fan" and I don't like Asher Roth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 8:21 am

Do you know what backlash means, Shon?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 9:41 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Do you know what backlash means, Shon?

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 9:47 am

If DOA is just a small sign of what lueprint 3 is going to sound like I can't wait. That one album may take 2009 over the top for me. And if Nas and Marley stew up some classic shit it's over.

Last edited by KRob86 on Fri 10 Jul 2009, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 1:35 pm

you would get all excited over that average to slightly above average track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 2:02 pm

Steve wrote:

You would quote an opinion with an opinion like it's fact. That DOA trk is a great intro to what Jay may make this album sound like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 2:43 pm

Cory wrote:

once again kj misses the point completely.

I didn't miss any point, I was just agreeing with Slang in that Asher Roth sucks. I've listened to him and tried to dig him but I just don't. He doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 2:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Steve wrote:

You would quote an opinion with an opinion like it's fact. That DOA trk is a great intro to what Jay may make this album sound like.

Co-Sign Kev, DOA is one of my fav songs so far this year. Too bad we have to wait until September 11th for Jigga's album to drop.

I'm also lookin forward to that Nas/Damian Marley joint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop   2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 seems to be one of the better years in post 2000 hip hop
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2