Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst list you've ever seen?

Go down 
+13
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
KJ Styles
Shaun
Tic706
Funk Seoul Brother
TheHazardous
Justin Linker
thelundquist
Myestro
Wayne
Half
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Worst list you've ever seen? Empty
PostSubject: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/08/the-50-worst-rap-album-fails3

Seriously, look at some of those picks. Even read some of their explanations. Worst list I've seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

I'm looking at this now, and I'll be back with my thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

Wow, once I saw Bone's Ressurection I was done.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

A Guest wrote:
Wow, once I saw Bone's Ressurection I was done.

Oh yeah. That album shouldn't have made that list.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:45 pm

Ok, I've taken a look at this list, and it's rather interesting for the most part. I just had this feeling that Nastradamus was going to be the #1 choice on this list, but whatever. In my opinion......

The albums that shouldn't have made the list
Nas - Nastradamus (I know me listing this will create a discussion, but I'm admittedly biased towards Nas, so it's all good with me.)
Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (Yep, I'm biased towards Jay-Z too, but still, this album shouldn't have made this list.)
Eric B. & Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique
Bone Thugs N Harmony - BTNHResurrection
Das Efx - Straight Up Sewaside
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection (IMO, the most underrated album in Cube's discog.)
Raekwon - Immobilarity

5 albums that rightfully made this list were Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath, Mase's Welcome Back, Lil Jon's Crunk Rock, LL Cool J's 14 Shots To The Dome, and Lil Wayne's Rebirth.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

Wayne wrote:
Ok, I've taken a look at this list, and it's rather interesting for the most part. I just had this feeling that Nastradamus was going to be the #1 choice on this list, but whatever. In my opinion......

Nas - Nastradamus (I know me listing this will create a discussion, but I'm admittedly biased towards Nas, so it's all good with me.)
Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (Yep, I'm biased towards Jay-Z too, but still, this album shouldn't have made this list.)
Raekwon - Immobilarity

5 albums that rightfully made this list were Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath, Mase's Welcome Back, Lil Jon's Crunk Rock, LL Cool J's 14 Shots To The Dome, and Lil Wayne's Rebirth.

I was also offended by BR&L, Everything Is Everything, T.I.M.E., and how they sucked Lil B's dick even though they said his album was a fail.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Raekwon - Immobilarity

I was also offended by BR&L, Everything Is Everything, T.I.M.E., and how they sucked Lil B's dick even though they said his album was a fail.

I haven't bumped BR&L in a LONG time, so I'll definitely revisit that one at some point, same with Everything Is Everything.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:52 pm

Which choices did you agree with Half?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

Even though yeah, you're biased, at least you admit it. And to a true fan, I can see why Nastradamus wasn't a "fail". Just like Encore, Kingdom Come, Beats, Rhymes & Life and some others. Walking With A Panther pissed me off to be honest, and I'm not even an LL Cool J fan but I know a dozen that would say that's their favorite album of his.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:00 pm

Wayne wrote:

Well, I haven't heard every album on the list, but I have to think there are bigger fails they completely forgot. I think they just threw that together to get attention. I guess I could see the Nas, Jay and The Firm albums as failures, maybe the Canibus album too. But there are way more albums I disagree with than I agree with. There are some big fails from this year alone (Goblin, Lasers) that they didn't have on there... unless they liked those albums... which wouldn't be surprising considering this list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

WHOA It's On made the fucking list? Some people shouldn't be allowed to get the internet.

And Best Of Both Worlds is dope.

Doggfather???

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

A Guest wrote:
Even though yeah, you're biased, at least you admit it. And to a true fan, I can see why Nastradamus wasn't a "fail". Just like Encore, Kingdom Come, Beats, Rhymes & Life and some others. Walking With A Panther pissed me off to be honest, and I'm not even an LL Cool J fan but I know a dozen that would say that's their favorite album of his.

Oh yeah, I have no problem admitting my bias. Since you mentioned it, I didn't care for Encore too much. Walking With A Panther was a very good album. Certainly not LL's best, but not his worst either.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Well, I haven't heard every album on the list, but I have to think there are bigger fails they completely forgot. I think they just threw that together to get attention. I guess I could see the Nas, Jay and The Firm albums as failures, maybe the Canibus album too. But there are way more albums I disagree with than I agree with. There are some big fails from this year alone (Goblin, Lasers) that they didn't have on there... unless they liked those albums... which wouldn't be surprising considering this list.

Considering the hype for both projects, that Firm album and the Canibus one were failures imo.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

A Guest wrote:
WHOA It's On made the fucking list? Some people shouldn't be allowed to get the internet.

And Best Of Both Worlds is dope.

Doggfather???

I kind of agree on Doggfather, definitely not Snoop's worst. I can see where most would say it's a fail coming 3 years after the classic Doggystyle.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

A Guest wrote:

A dozen +1.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:44 pm

"...this album fell just short of living up to the duo's usual standard."

That says everything that needs to be said about the list. They misinterpreted what a FAIL is. Should have just called it "Disappointing Albums/Follow Ups".
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:46 pm

I hate this list. The criteria they use to determine whether an album was a fail or not are totally fucked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 8:42 pm

Myestro wrote:
"They misinterpreted what a FAIL is. Should have just called it "Disappointing Albums/Follow Ups".

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

"We're willing to bet if Nas had never made Nastradamus, Jay-Z would have never had the balls to diss him on “Takeover.” It's just too bad Nas couldn't have predicted this album would suck"

lmao...

Tha Doggfather was BS, that's one of my favorite Snoop albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

Wayne wrote:
Myestro wrote:
"They misinterpreted what a FAIL is. Should have just called it "Disappointing Albums/Follow Ups".

Cosign.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:05 am

As soon as I saw Don't Sweat The Technique I closed the tab. What a travesty.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:20 am

I get what they are saying. I haven't looked at all of the list but from the ones you guys mentioned they were fails. They are not saying the albums were whack but failed to do what they were anticipated to do.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

Taste Of Chocolate was one of them, Kev...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:53 am

And that was a fail. The list is not saying anyone should not like those albums. They are saying compared to the bar they set with other albums and movements these albums are the weak links.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:23 am

I just don't like that their main criteria are commercial success, hit songs, and staying the exact same as their previous work.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:34 am

thelundquist wrote:
I just don't like that their main criteria are commercial success, hit songs, and staying the exact same as their previous work.

Well they are coming from a mainstream point of view and back then a lot of those artist were mainstream rappers. So what else do you judge their "failure" off of? And I don't get they want them to stay the same as previous efforts they are just saying these albums did nothing positive for their career's.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:43 am

But why is commercial success the end all be all? When sales are the main goal the music just becomes homogenous and then the art is lost. I prefer it when artists take risks, and it bothers me when the only reason people say it failed was because it didn't sell. Why not judge it on the quality of the music first. That's all I'm saying. Using whether or not it was a good career move is exactly what I don't like about the list. I do understand that this is what is relevant to Complex, and that I'm not exactly the target audience of such a list, but still, just throwing out how I feel about it.

And yes some of those albums are legitimately bad, and I understand what the list is getting at as far as the albums not matching their "hype" or the artists reputation or whatever. I just disagree with it's message.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:51 am

I understand where you are coming from. Most of us feel the same way, but we are rap nerds. Your average listener was not feeling these albums. Trust me.

Also Lund never 4get in your (our)nerdom that this is a business just as much as it is art. Most artist 1st album are the true art anything after that has multiple motivations for it still being art or a product.

I'm also not getting a commerical success as the only measuring stick for these picks. I see other reasons like failed experimentation, lazy lyrics, bad timing, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:01 am

Yeah, you're right. It just bums me out that artists with real messages can't reach the masses anymore because the labels basically won't let them.

I know they had other reasons on there (and some of them were fair/accurate), but almost every description I read (I didn't read them all) had some mention of commercial failure.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:04 am

I bet there are noKanye albums on there, and that's why Kev gets it
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:05 am

I bet there are noKanye albums on there, and that's why Kev gets it
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:06 am

What albums really pissed you off because they were on this list? Cause so far I am on number 27 and I agree with every single one.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:10 am

Ye hasn't had any "failures" yet in the mainstream eyes. But 808's was a biiiiig fucking failure in my book. Later MBDTF may be considerd a failure due to it not being on the level commerically as his previous albums.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:16 am

But the production was more varied. That makes it better
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:19 am

Shaun wrote:
But the production was more varied. That makes it better

Humor and smart assism attempts? Grow up. Join the convo with some real talk or shut the Fizzy Womack up.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:50 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
What albums really pissed you off because they were on this list? Cause so far I am on number 27 and I agree with every single one.

Kingdom Come
Don't Sweat the Technique
Time
Everything Is Everything
The New Danger
It's On
The Doggfather
The Firm

They didn't really piss me off, but I think these are good albums. I guess, in fairness, I didn't hear some of them in context due to my age. It's mainly just the general idea of the list that I have a problem with.

Last edited by thelundquist on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:59 am

thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Kingdom Come
Time
Everything Is Everything
The New Danger
It's On
The Doggfather
The Firm

They didn't really piss me off, but I think these are good albums. I guess, in fairness, I didn't hear them in context due to my age. It's mainly just the general idea of the list that I have a problem with.

Well like I keep saying. If this was the 50 worst or whack albums in rap history I would have a big problem with this list. But since the rule of thumb was clearly stated that this is a list of career faliures pretty much, they hit this one head on.

And out of your list 4 of those I really like also.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:00 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
Ye hasn't had any "failures" yet in the mainstream eyes. But 808's was a biiiiig fucking failure in my book. Later MBDTF may be considerd a failure due to it not being on the level commerically as his previous albums.

That kind of encapsulates my problem. 808s sucked, but it sold well so it avoided the list. Same thing with Encore and Relapse (I personally love Relapse, but everyone likes to shit on it, and the hate increased tenfold after Em did too). And MBDTF is actually a good album (one of the highest reviewed of all time actually, though some critics went overboard imo), but because it only went 1x platinum people will call it a flop (how a plat plaque is a flop is beyond me, relative or not). BISD (though not listed) was 50's best work since GRODT imo, but it barely went gold so everyone says it sucks. That's the mindset I hate.

...Curtis definitely should have been on the list though. That shit sucked and it was a relative "flop".
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:02 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Kingdom Come
Time
Everything Is Everything
The New Danger
It's On
The Doggfather
The Firm

They didn't really piss me off, but I think these are good albums. I guess, in fairness, I didn't hear them in context due to my age. It's mainly just the general idea of the list that I have a problem with.

Well like I keep saying. If this was the 50 worst or whack albums in rap history I would have a big problem with this list. But since the rule of thumb was clearly stated that this is a list of career faliures pretty much, they hit this one head on.

I mean, I understand what the list is. I just don't agree with the idea of most of the list.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:09 am

thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Kingdom Come
Time
Everything Is Everything
The New Danger
It's On
The Doggfather
The Firm

I mean, I understand what the list is. I just don't agree with the idea of most of the list.

Fair enough. I enoyed the convo.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:12 am

thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

That kind of encapsulates my problem. 808s sucked, but it sold well so it avoided the list. Same thing with Encore and Relapse (I personally love Relapse, but everyone likes to shit on it, and the hate increased tenfold after Em did too). And MBDTF is actually a good album (one of the highest reviewed of all time actually, though some critics went overboard imo), but because it only went 1x platinum people will call it a flop (how a plat plaque is a flop is beyond me, relative or not). BISD (though not listed) was 50's best work since GRODT imo, but it barely went gold so everyone says it sucks. That's the mindset I hate.

...Curtis definitely should have been on the list though. That shit sucked and it was a relative "flop".

Encore should be on this list. Well is it? I still have 2 more albums left...lol.

And I agree with you about BISD being pretty good and 50 taking it back to his hardcore witty roots. And since MBDTF went plat it may not make the list.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:16 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Encore should be on this list. Well is it? I still have 2 more albums left...lol.

And I agree with you about BISD being pretty good and 50 taking it back to his hardcore witty roots. And since MBDTF went plat it may not make the list.

Lol didn't mean to spoil the ending
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 9:10 am

From the intro:

"This is a list of when great rappers make terrible fucking albums."

So yeah, this list is garbage to me.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

Justin Linker wrote:
Taste Of Chocolate was one of them, Kev...

This album definitely was a fail.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

Half wrote:
From the intro:

Great way to take one part of the story to prove your shallow point. You should work for the media.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
From the intro:

Great way to take one part of the story to prove your shallow point. You should work for the media.

Lol, I read their explanations too. The article was full of contradictions. Like I said I haven't heard every album on the list, but from what I did hear, they really fucked up in my opinion. Speaking of working for the media, do you work for Complex?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
From the intro:

Lol, I read their explanations too. The article was full of contradictions. Like I said I haven't heard every album on the list, but from what I did hear, they really fucked up in my opinion. Speaking of working for the media, do you work for Complex?

Lol......well if I did I would have tried to make the point of the list even more simple for folks that could not follow it. On the real Half try to learn how to step out your personal views for a second and look at the bigger point. I like a lot of those albums on that list and that list will not chcange how I feel about some of those pretty dope albums. But every album on that list was a failure. They did a pretty good job with it.

Now the part you quoted about "terrible fucking albums" that was their or his personal opinion but not the main subject of the list.

And let me ask you guys this to ask yourselves honestly. What album on that list ranks in your top 20 or even 50 of all time? And even if one of them do you may be hard pressed to find multiple picks from that list to rank that high. Also where do some of those albums rank in said artist discog for you?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
From the intro:

Seeing as the very next sentence was...

"Take a look through the discography of just about any great rapper and you're bound to find at least one album that just doesn't belong."

I fail to follow their logic. Don't Sweat The Technique, Straight Up Sewaside, T.I.M.E., Non-Fiction, Walking With A Panther (there's more on there too), all might not have lived up to any hype or preconceived notions of what they should be, but they aren't terrible albums.

The people that came up with this list took one part of the story to prove their own shallow point also. That's how debates work.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

Myestro wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
From the intro:

Seeing as the very next sentence was...

"Take a look through the discography of just about any great rapper and you're bound to find at least one album that just doesn't belong."

I fail to follow their logic. Don't Sweat The Technique, Straight Up Sewaside, T.I.M.E., Non-Fiction, Walking With A Panther (there's more on there too), all might not have lived up to any hype or preconceived notions of what they should be, but they aren't terrible albums.

The people that came up with this list took one part of the story to prove their own shallow point also. That's how debates work.

No they just did not take into consideration the opinion of rap nerds like us. They are looking at the bigger picture of your casual rap fans who out number us nerds by a lot.

Let me ask you this. How often do you hear someone really discuss the dopeness of TIME? Non Fiction? Don't Sweat? and etc etc. These albums rarely get brought up and have been forgetten. Not by us the ones who go deeper with the music. But I know for a fact not opinon that fans of Non Fiction or not the same amount of fans for Woldf In Sheep Clothing. I know the fans of Straight Up Sewaside or no where near the amount of fans of Dead Serious. And TIME? LMFAO!!!!!! No one talks about that fucking album. Look at the level their 1st album took them too then look where TIME falls into that. This is not a hard list to understand at all.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
From the intro:

Lol......well if I did I would have tried to make the point of the list even more simple for folks that could not follow it. On the real Half try to learn how to step out your personal views for a second and look at the bigger point. I like a lot of those albums on that list and that list will not chcange how I feel about some of those pretty dope albums. But every album on that list was a failure. They did a pretty good job with it.

Now the part you quoted about "terrible fucking albums" that was their or his personal opinion but not the main subject of the list.

And let me ask you guys this to ask yourselves honestly. What album on that list ranks in your top 20 or even 50 of all time? And even if one of them do you may be hard pressed to find multiple picks from that list to rank that high. Also where do some of those albums rank in said artist discog for you?

So step out of my personal views and submit to theirs? Half of the albums were on there because they thought they sucked. Their personal views. The other half, they said they were there because they had lower sales or were the beginning of the group falling off.

And speaking of general hip hop fans, is everyone and their mother jocking Lil B? I haven't heard the album so I can't diss it, but they are really being stans with putting him in. I'm definitely on lundquist's side, they are using some weak and inconsistent criteria to determine what a failure is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst list you've ever seen?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next