Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst list you've ever seen?

Go down 
+13
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
KJ Styles
Shaun
Tic706
Funk Seoul Brother
TheHazardous
Justin Linker
thelundquist
Myestro
Wayne
Half
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:37 pm

Nastradamus was a fail.

That being said, all Nas bias aside...it is NOT the worst rap album of all time. Not even close. I can easily come up with 50 worse ones.

While I do agree with some of the picks on this list, some of them were WAYYYY the fuck off. These dudes are fucking idiots, and I don't plan on ever visiting Complex.com again.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

Half you did not answer the questions I put in bold. I plan to answer it also when I get a chance to look thru the list again. I know off the top off my head only one album so far on that list ranks in my top 100 albums of all time and thats Taste Of Chocolate. And even with that I overstand I am in the minority of that choice.

And I think Lil B made the list because of what the pre hype of that album was. When he named the album I'm Gay it stirred up all this controversy but the album itself was not even woth all the pre hype. So in that sense it's a failure. What is so hard to comprehend about the intentions of this list?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half you did not answer the questions I put in bold. I plan to answer it also when I get a chance to look thru the list again. I know off the top off my head only one album so far on that list ranks in my top 100 albums of all time and thats Taste Of Chocolate. And even with that I overstand I am in the minority of that choice.

And I think Lil B made the list because of what the pre hype of that album was. When he named the album I'm Gay it stirred up all this controversy but the album itself was not even woth all the pre hype. So in that sense it's a failure. What is so hard to comprehend about the intentions of this list?

Ok, none of the albums in that list are in my top 50. Why do you ask? Straight Up Sewaside might be my favorite Das EFX album. I prefer Everything is Everything to One For All. I prefer Don't Sweat The Technique to Let The Rhythm Hit Em. T.I.M.E. is pretty much just as good as LONS's debut to me.

There are probably some other albums I should mention but those are just off the top of the head.

I understand the intentions of the list, but it is a poorly thought out mess if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Nastradamus was a fail.

That being said, all Nas bias aside...it is NOT the worst rap album of all time. Not even close. I can easily come up with 50 worse ones.

While I do agree with some of the picks on this list, some of them were WAYYYY the fuck off. These dudes are fucking idiots, and I don't plan on ever visiting Complex.com again.

Which albums and I quote "were WAYYYY" the fuck off"? I have to see these albums that warrented the triple Y's....lol. And KLJ the list is not the worst albums of all time. Did you know that?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Ok, none of the albums in that list are in my top 50. Why do you ask? Straight Up Sewaside might be my favorite Das EFX album. I prefer Everything is Everything to One For All. I prefer Don't Sweat The Technique to Let The Rhythm Hit Em. T.I.M.E. is pretty much just as good as LONS's debut to me.

There are probably some other albums I should mention but those are just off the top of the head.

I understand the intentions of the list, but it is a poorly thought out mess if you ask me.

Because the point i'm making is none of those albums are high calibur albums. None of them would rank in many people's top fav albums list. When you look at each artist discog and see where those albums rank persoanlly the list makes even more sense. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. Like for example you prefer Everything over One For All, Taste Of Choc. is my fav Kane album, Jeff luv's BTResurrection, Mys seems to really like TIME etc etc. But realistally we are in the very few who feel like that.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

I read the list and yes, while I agree that a fair number are not terrible fucking albums compared to truly horrible albums and while I probably like over half of the albums listed... I thought the list was on point. I would have put Blueprint 2 over Kingdom come though
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Ye hasn't had any "failures" yet in the mainstream eyes. But 808's was a biiiiig fucking failure in my book. Later MBDTF may be considerd a failure due to it not being on the level commerically as his previous albums.

That kind of encapsulates my problem. 808s sucked, but it sold well so it avoided the list. Same thing with Encore and Relapse (I personally love Relapse, but everyone likes to shit on it, and the hate increased tenfold after Em did too). And MBDTF is actually a good album (one of the highest reviewed of all time actually, though some critics went overboard imo), but because it only went 1x platinum people will call it a flop (how a plat plaque is a flop is beyond me, relative or not). BISD (though not listed) was 50's best work since GRODT imo, but it barely went gold so everyone says it sucks. That's the mindset I hate.

...Curtis definitely should have been on the list though. That shit sucked and it was a relative "flop".

I like Relapse (Refill) a lot as well, but didn't care too much for Encore outside of a few songs. MBDTF is excellent, and I agree with your comment about a platinum plaque being a "flop". I don't see how that is even remotely possible. I'm biased towards 50 too, and I also cosign on BISD. Curtis, his most disappointing album, probably didn't make the list because of it's commercial success, moving 691,000 units in its first week.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

Speaking of Das Efx, am I the only who likes Straight Up Sewaside more than Dead Serious? I know DS is classic, but I've always liked SUS more.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Look, all I'm saying is that the guy gets paid to write.

He calls the article "50 Worst Rap Album Fails" and proceeds to say this in the intro:

"First and foremost, congratulations to everyone on this list. We mean that sincerely because every single artist who is on this list is here because they’re great, not because they suck. Don’t get it twisted, this is not a list of the worst rap albums ever (We see you K-Fed!). This is a list of when great rappers make terrible fucking albums"

Then I saw the picks and how he explained some of them, with stupid shit like "out of step" and "beef" being reasons for calling the album not only a failure, but one of the 50 worst.

I can't bring myself to seeing this list as anything but shitty. If you think it is on point, that's fine. I don't.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

Weren't you the one that said that different people have different definitions for what they say? I think they meant terrible in terms of the context and not just terrible overall. I think dropping an album that alienates your core audience is a fail. I think making an album dedicated to beef and no one cares about is a fail.

I mean, I would love to just discuss specific albums to see where exactly you feel the picks were really bad.

The Firm isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it was a big fucking fail considering all the hype it was developing.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Weren't you the one that said that different people have different definitions for what they say? I think they meant terrible in terms of the context and not just terrible overall. I think dropping an album that alienates your core audience is a fail. I think making an album dedicated to beef and no one cares about is a fail.

I mean, I would love to just discuss specific albums to see where exactly you feel the picks were really bad.

The Firm isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it was a big fucking fail considering all the hype it was developing.

Sure, people have different definitions of what they say. How am I supposed to interpret "terrible fucking albums"? That seems like it is implying something much stronger than "disappointing" or "not what was expected" or "not catering to enough people", it seems like it is saying the albums aren't good. And that is an opinion, which I am entitled to disagree with.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

It just seems you are getting caught up on one phrase in an article and trying to discredit everything else because of it. Ignoring the author, what albums do you disagree with the strongest as being "fails" and why?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

Don't Sweat The Technique - I like this album more than LTRHE. They said it was a fail because according to them it didn't live up to previous efforts, and also that because the group broke up after the album, it had to be a fail.

Everything Is Everything - They didn't like it as much as the previous two. I like it more than One For All. I don't see it as a fail.

Straight Up Sewaside - They called this a fail because they didn't continue with the gimmicky -iggedy style as much and it didn't have as big of an "impact" as Dead Serious. As I mentioned, it's just as good as Dead Serious to me, if not better.

There are more but it's gonna end up being the same things.... they don't like the album, I do, etc. And why can't I get caught up on what someone says? This isn't some post on a message board, this is an article in a magazine that has an online component but also gets sold at bookstores/newsstands, etc. This article was published with the understanding that many people will read it and in many cases subscribe to the same opinion without second thought, possibly regurgitating it in conversation. Which statements should I pay attention to and which should I ignore?

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:

Which albums and I quote "were WAYYYY" the fuck off"? I have to see these albums that warrented the triple Y's....lol. And KLJ the list is not the worst albums of all time. Did you know that?

The following albums are at least 4 stars.....

Don't Sweat The Technique (they listed What's On Your Mind as the worst song? GTFOH with that bullshit! I actually thought it was one of the best songs on the album. Relax With Pep and Kick Along were the only duds on the album).

Walking With A Panther (Not as good as the previous albums but not a fail by any means)

T.I.M.E. (The production on this album was even better than Leaders' debut, lyrically not so much but the album is still a banger)

BTHResurrection (Arguably Bone's 2nd best album, I'd say Thug World Order was a fail but not this)

Straight Up Sewaside (CLASSIC album, almost makes my Top 100)

Return Of The Product (I actually liked this better than 3rd Bass' 2nd and final album Derelicts Of Dialect. Neither were fails though).

Sex & Violence (When the weakest BDP album is 4.5 stars, how the fuck is it a fail? And 13 & Good was NOT the worst song, not even close)

No Pressure (Erick Sermon's BEST solo album, near classic)

Lethal Injection (See Walking With A Panther)

No Man's Land (Not as good as 93 Til but still dope)

Beats, Rhymes, and Life (See WWAP and Lethal Injection, this one though was a near classic)

There's some 3.5 star albums that I didn't think were fails either (Doggfather, The Ecletic, Everything Is Everything) but I can see why someone would view them as such.

I could have come up with a far better fail list, and where the fuck was Blueprint 2??? That album made Kingdom Come sound like Reasonable Doubt! I didn't like Kingdom Come either but BP2 was a MONSTER FAIL!

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Half wrote:
Don't Sweat The Technique - I like this album more than LTRHE. They said it was a fail because according to them it didn't live up to previous efforts, and also that because the group broke up after the album, it had to be a fail.

Everything Is Everything - They didn't like it as much as the previous two. I like it more than One For All. I don't see it as a fail.

Straight Up Sewaside - They called this a fail because they didn't continue with the gimmicky -iggedy style as much and it didn't have as big of an "impact" as Dead Serious. As I mentioned, it's just as good as Dead Serious to me, if not better.

There are more but it's gonna end up being the same things.... they don't like the album, I do, etc. And why can't I get caught up on what someone says? This isn't some post on a message board, this is an article in a magazine that has an online component but also gets sold at bookstores/newsstands, etc. This article was published with the understanding that many people will read it and in many cases subscribe to the same opinion without second thought, possibly regurgitating it in conversation. Which statements should I pay attention to and which should I ignore?

I think their reasoning on DSTT was pretty weak and I don't consider that album a fail. Same with SUS, I think those are both just cases of artists making albums not as good as their previous effort and their career tailing off.

Now for EIE though I think he had a great point. They switched up their style and alienated their fans in the process. That doesn't mean it was a bad album, but a failure in that sense and probably bad for the fans who liked One For All.

All I'm saying is that I don't care if this is a magazine or a message board this is all opinion. People are going to rub someone the wrong way one way or another. I don't take these Complex lists too seriously because they do so many and they do them too big so I doubt real though gets put into it. If you want to complain about their journalistic integrity that's your right, I'd rather just use this article as a springboard to discuss the albums or issue of fails than just complaint about the author.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Half wrote:

I think their reasoning on DSTT was pretty weak and I don't consider that album a fail. Same with SUS, I think those are both just cases of artists making albums not as good as their previous effort and their career tailing off.

Now for EIE though I think he had a great point. They switched up their style and alienated their fans in the process. That doesn't mean it was a bad album, but a failure in that sense and probably bad for the fans who liked One For All.

All I'm saying is that I don't care if this is a magazine or a message board this is all opinion. People are going to rub someone the wrong way one way or another. I don't take these Complex lists too seriously because they do so many and they do them too big so I doubt real though gets put into it. If you want to complain about their journalistic integrity that's your right, I'd rather just use this article as a springboard to discuss the albums or issue of fails than just complaint about the author.

Well, I don't really follow Complex, but I saw this list linked to on another site and checked it out. I don't know if their other lists are quality or not. And I agree about the opinion thing. I just stated that to me it's one of the worst lists I've seen. I wanted to know if other people felt the same way so I made the thread. It's all opinion.

But if you want to talk about fails, cool. What would be your top 50 album fails?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

They have a top 50 black porn stars list...lol and others and most of them give the vibe of pretty much "me and my boys wrote this shit up."
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

A Top 50 will take time, so I will think about it. Personally on that list they have, albums like Doggfather and Ecleftic are favorites of mine. I also thought it a bitch move to list LL twice and not list Todd Smith...lmao...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

Some recent albums would make my top 50 thought... Brand Nubian dubstep? Inspectah Deck Manifesto dubstep remix album? Greg Nice's "comeback" album. all those come to mind.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:02 pm

and you know what, good idea, I'm gonna make an amazon listmania with my top fails and then post it here.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
and you know what, good idea, I'm gonna make an amazon listmania with my top fails and then post it here.

Ok cool. I might do one too, except it would be harder for me to put the older stuff into context. I might just do a list of personally disappointing albums to not fall into the same trap as this list.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

Half wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Ok cool. I might do one too, except it would be harder for me to put the older stuff into context. I might just do a list of personally disappointing albums to not fall into the same trap as this list.

Yeah, context can be a big problem with some of these. For younger cats looking back (and even myself revisiting) shit like Canibus' debut and the Firm album are not bad at all, but at the time, given the hype they were considered huge disappointments. Same with Nastradamus, it's an average album at best, but compare to Nas' catalog it is considered wack.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

Half wrote:

One for All is FAR SUPERIOR to Everything Is Everything on every level. I don't consider EIE a fail, but it's not fuckin with OFA at all. You are the only person I've heard say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

It's cuz halfy is gangsta
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:10 pm

One thing I found funny though. They said that the list was supposed to be "great rappers dropping terrible albums" and then they listed a Hammer album. When was Hammer ever a great or even good rapper? LMAO!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
One thing I found funny though. They said that the list was supposed to be "great rappers dropping terrible albums" and then they listed a Hammer album. When was Hammer ever a great or even good rapper? LMAO!

lmao.. that's actually a good point.. same with kris kross... and when I remember to middle school, that hammer album was actually quite popular as was pumps n a bump
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

lmao.. that's actually a good point.. same with kris kross... and when I remember to middle school, that hammer album was actually quite popular as was pumps n a bump

Yeah Kris Kross wasn't very good either although I did like a few of their songs.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

I got a problem with LL making the list twice. That's some BS IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

That list was shit. Were they going by album sales or what
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 5:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

The following albums are at least 4 stars.....

Don't Sweat The Technique (they listed What's On Your Mind as the worst song? GTFOH with that bullshit! I actually thought it was one of the best songs on the album. Relax With Pep and Kick Along were the only duds on the album).

Walking With A Panther (Not as good as the previous albums but not a fail by any means)

T.I.M.E. (The production on this album was even better than Leaders' debut, lyrically not so much but the album is still a banger)

BTHResurrection (Arguably Bone's 2nd best album, I'd say Thug World Order was a fail but not this)

Straight Up Sewaside (CLASSIC album, almost makes my Top 100)

Return Of The Product (I actually liked this better than 3rd Bass' 2nd and final album Derelicts Of Dialect. Neither were fails though).

Sex & Violence (When the weakest BDP album is 4.5 stars, how the fuck is it a fail? And 13 & Good was NOT the worst song, not even close)

No Pressure (Erick Sermon's BEST solo album, near classic)

Lethal Injection (See Walking With A Panther)

No Man's Land (Not as good as 93 Til but still dope)

Beats, Rhymes, and Life (See WWAP and Lethal Injection, this one though was a near classic)

There's some 3.5 star albums that I didn't think were fails either (Doggfather, The Ecletic, Everything Is Everything) but I can see why someone would view them as such.

I could have come up with a far better fail list, and where the fuck was Blueprint 2??? That album made Kingdom Come sound like Reasonable Doubt! I didn't like Kingdom Come either but BP2 was a MONSTER FAIL!

Now answer this for me KJ, what did those albums above do to progress any of their careers? Where have most of their careers went after they dropped those albums?

That is one of the questions you have to ask yourself.

And SRP that is a great idea for a listamaina list. I'll do one also and post a link. I think those list only go up to 40 though. I know World Party may be number one....lol.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

these albums should have been near the top and werent even on the list

Blueprint 2
Encore - although this is better than Recovery
Recovery
Curtis
Tical 0: The Prequel - much more of a fail than Immobilarity IMO
808s and Heartbreaks
The Last Ones Left (Kane and Abel)
Todd Smith
Mr. Xcitement

Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

To answer the original question...yes, I agree with Half that this list is retarded.

But, the worst list I've ever seen was a vegan's grocery list...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

Well thanks fellas especially Half for a mature debate and convo on the subject. I enjoyed it. Haven't had a good one like this on the forum in a minute.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

From a popularity standpoint Hammer in his heyday was very popular. Hell the man went Diamond!

Headhunter was his last album to get a platinum plaque. The gangster era eviscerated the presence of the clean rapper. Very few if any survived. If you weren't hardcore then you weren't shit. Consciousness got sent to the back of the bus and hasn't been allowed back in front ever since.
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 1:22 am

I enjoyed reading this thread regarding that list...

Yes, some albums that I have enjoyed throughout my life made the list...

Including: Doggfather, Lethal Injection, It's on, Walking The Panther, Don't Sweat The Technique... For the People... and others...

But fuck it... it happens... there is always going to be "a list"... Haha...

Anyways... great thread... enjoyed the reading the different debates...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 2:14 am

Classic thread? After the debate is Over, anyway
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 2:29 am

TheHazardous wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

From a popularity standpoint Hammer in his heyday was very popular. Hell the man went Diamond!

Headhunter was his last album to get a platinum plaque. The gangster era eviscerated the presence of the clean rapper. Very few if any survived. If you weren't hardcore then you weren't shit. Consciousness got sent to the back of the bus and hasn't been allowed back in front ever since.

Hammer was popular, but he wasn't GREAT! He was a below average rapper.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 3:26 am

Who would be an average rapper KJ? Hammer didn't have lyrics, but the flow was decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

Slang you're the only person in the world that considers Encore better than Recovery so get the fuck on with that.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 10:23 am

I, too, enjoy Encore more than Recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

With all due respect, Linker, I'm not going to ask a Nickleback fan which Pink Floyd album is their worst.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 11:45 am

Recovery is extremely average. No standouts whatsoever, but at the same time there's nothing terrible either.

Encore is below average, but it's highs are way higher than Recovery's. It's lows are obviously wayyy lower and outnumber its highs.

I prefer the highs from Encore to any song on Recovery, but overall Recovery is the better album. That's how I see it anyway, but I rarely listen to either.

Last edited by thelundquist on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

I like Recovery. Initially I was disappointed with it but it eventually grew on me. I'd say that's it's a 3.75 star album, maybe 4 stars on a good day. It's definitely not a fail.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

Jeff, i agree with Lundquist's assessment of those two Em albums

as for the list how the fuck is Tical 0 not on there...seriously?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Who would be an average rapper KJ? Hammer didn't have lyrics, but the flow was decent.

His flow was average at best, didn't really stand out. Fat Joe's a good example of an average rapper.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 4:31 pm

A Guest wrote:
With all due respect, Linker, I'm not going to ask a Nickleback fan which Pink Floyd album is their worst.

Hahahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 5:56 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Well thanks fellas especially Half for a mature debate and convo on the subject. I enjoyed it. Haven't had a good one like this on the forum in a minute.

Thanks man. Always willing to debate stuff.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

If a man goes Diamond and platinum on other releases he's achieved some level of greatness. He did great at one time. But I would say their definition of greatness is based on relevance. And no one can honestly say Hammer at one point or another wasn't significantly relevant. Very few pop-rappers reach his level of success. It was a shame he didn't have any bean counting skills.
Back to top Go down
cenurrita
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 7:52 am

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come
Back to top Go down
http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst list you've ever seen?   Worst list you've ever seen? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst list you've ever seen?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2