Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2

Go down 
5 posters

Rate it
5 stars
Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_lcap0%Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.75 stars
Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_lcap0%Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3 stars
Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_lcap100%Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Empty
PostSubject: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Timbokingtimbuktu

This isn't bad. It's a Wu-affiliate album, so you pretty much know what to expect. Third-string RZA style beats, some appearances from bigger Wu names like RZA, Raekwon, and Killah Priest, and subject matter split between killing and spirituality/learning. There are some dope tracks on here, like "Tombstone", "Thinking Cap", and "High Ranking" which features R.A. The Rugged Man ripping shit up as usual. There are a lot of so-so tracks though, and a few messy ones, especially in the beginning. Sometimes the beats or sound effects will be much louder in the mix than the rapping which sounds very sloppy to me. I'll give it about 3 stars for now. Some good moments, a bunch of boring moments, some awkward moments. If you need to hear some Wu-Affiliate stuff this year you should check out the Bronze Nazareth release first, it has more consistency and just sounds well put together.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Yeah, i need to get both of these. Timbo King>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

thats by far the most negative review ive seen for this album
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

Is it the first one you've read that wasn't written by you?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

i havent heard the album yet
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

Slackin'
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

"Indeed"
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

Hey have you heard Bronze Nazareth yet? I wasn't so negative about that one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

not yet, i havent heard anything new in so long, i did d/l Daily Bread so ill listen to that tomorrow, gonna buy this and the Bronze
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

Cover art could be better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2   Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2
Page 1 of 1