Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Empty
PostSubject: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

They got some suspect songs on the list. And their descriptions are off on some. But most of the picks are legit. Did not agree with LOTUG and their comments about Digable Planets and AMG.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

I thought that Volume 10 tracks was Westside Connection for some reason. I hadn't heard that in years.

That Smoothe and Trigger was pretty tight. And the Channel Live. Gone through half the list so Ill finish it up later.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

Here are the ones I thought were off:

Rob Jackson - Boom Boom Boom: Never thought this was that big of a hit, I'd heard other rappers on the beat, but never the original.

Original Flavor - Can I Get Open: Another low time hit, I think they just put this on there to mention Ski Beatz and Jay-z

AI - 40 Barz: This never was a hit.

Foxx - Wipe Me Down: Foxx himself never blew since the version that got popular was with Webbie and Boosie.

CB4 - Sweat off my Balls: really?

Luniz - Had way more than one hit and Yukmouth is still around today.

MC Breed - had a dope career if underrated

Grandmaster Flash - seriously? To call them a one hit wonder is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

I haven't heard half of those "hits", so I guess they should expound what they consider a hit to be. Granted, I haven't actively sought out any of the radio/"MTV" tracks in the late 90s or 2000s. As for the older ones, most of those were hits in hip-hop circles.

And, according to these fools, Everlast jumped off the face of the planet. They say he got out of hip-hop, but fail to mention that he's been back for a minute now.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
They got some suspect songs on the list. And their descriptions are off on some. But most of the picks are legit. Did not agree with LOTUG and their comments about Digable Planets and AMG.

Cosign on your comments about LOTUG and Digable Planets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)   Another list (not from Complex this time, lol) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another list (not from Complex this time, lol)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: