Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wale - Ambition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

Ambitious project? Sophomore slump? Who knows? Seriously, anyone here know?

There are 4 versions of this thing on Spotify... added the 17 track version to my 2011 Ish.

I'll hear it sometime this month.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 10:44 pm

So this rnb song I heard on the radio was on this album... dunno... Wale isn't really my thing... dude seems lost... wannabe gangsta, wannabe conscious... he just wants money... so the music isn't horrible, but not great either.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 12:03 am

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
So this rnb song I heard on the radio was on this album... dunno... Wale isn't really my thing... dude seems lost... wannabe gangsta, wannabe conscious... he just wants money... so the music isn't horrible, but not great either.

Yep, total cosign. Started strong and went straight into a chunk of R&B shit so I was like ok maybe he took the RED album approach. Nope. It went from radio tracks to semi-radio tracks... and the bonus tracks flat out sucked. Ambition (the title track) and the first four tracks are pretty good though IMO. Everything else is either boring or weak... that Slight Work track was fucking annoying and any time you put Lloyd on a track I'm probably gonna hate it. Dude should just get the sex change at this point.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

Lloyd is the absolute worst thing to ever happen to a hip hop hook. There are a few songs on here i really like, but aside from White Linen w/ Ne-Yo, The R&B tracks blow something serious. I can't stand Big Sean so Slight Work is a no go. Ambition is probably my favorite track here.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Half wrote:
SyRuP Sippa wrote:

Yep, total cosign. Started strong and went straight into a chunk of R&B shit so I was like ok maybe he took the RED album approach. Nope. It went from radio tracks to semi-radio tracks... and the bonus tracks flat out sucked. Ambition (the title track) and the first four tracks are pretty good though IMO. Everything else is either boring or weak... that Slight Work track was fucking annoying and any time you put Lloyd on a track I'm probably gonna hate it. Dude should just get the sex change at this point.

I thought that referring to him as a dude meant it already happened?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

I'm so confused. I can't tell the chicks from the dudes.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I'm so confused. I can't tell the chicks from the dudes.

I can't tell the dudes from the chicks 'cause they walkin' round the city wearing the same outfits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wale - Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wale - Ambition   Wale - Ambition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wale - Ambition
Page 1 of 1