Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raekwon's discography

Go down 
+6
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
mistadave
TheHazardous
Tic706
Wayne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Raekwon's discography Empty
PostSubject: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 6:35 pm

I've been thinking about Rae's discography for a good while now, so that led me to creating this thread. My it's because I'm a long time fan of Rae (and the Wu of course), but I do feel that Rae has the best solo discog in the Wu behind Ghostface. Now, I know that most of us share unanimous similar views on the classic OB4CL (my #2 favorite album of all time), and possibly OB4CL2 and Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, however, in addition to those 3 albums, I also want to focus on Immobilarity (I feel this is most underrated album, hell, all great artists have an underrated album somewhere in their discography, lol) and The Lex Diamond Story, and are you anticipating OB4CL3 (and do you think Rae can pull it off).

Your thoughts.

Raekwon's discography RAEKWON
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 6:52 pm

This just shows what two good albums can do for you. Prior to OB2 & Sha vs. Wu nobody gave a fuck about Rae's discog. Now with the addition of those two he actually has a decent discog. Its no where as good as Ghost discog so I disagree there. But if he can stay on the same page he may have that in the future. One or two more albums as good as these later two and you may have something.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 10:54 pm

Tic706 wrote:
This just shows what two good albums can do for you. Prior to OB2 & Sha vs. Wu nobody gave a fuck about Rae's discog. Now with the addition of those two he actually has a decent discog. Its no where as good as Ghost discog so I disagree there. But if he can stay on the same page he may have that in the future. One or two more albums as good as these later two and you may have something.

ditto. couldn't have said it better myself
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

Tic706 wrote:

I quote. "Immobiliarity" was one of the worst albums made by a Wu member IMHO.

And I Think Gza's discog is superior compared to Rae's.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

I agree that GZA's is better, but Rae's last two albums has at least made it debatable

OB4CL vs Liquid Swords is a wash

Words From The Genius and Lex Diamond are a wash

Grandmasters is better to me than OB4CL2 and Shaolin vs Wu Tang

Beneath The Surface is on par(maybe slightly less dope) with OB4CL2 or Shaolin vs Wu Tang

Legend of The Liquid Swords is probably better than Immobilarity

I will say this though. If Grandmasters isn't a classic to you, then GZA's discog may not be better than Rae's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

Honestly I would put Gza and Method Man above Raekwon...

I like Tical, Tical 2000, Blackout!, Blackout! 2, the How High Soundtrack and even some parts of his other two shittier albums. The problem is, of course, that he doesn't have that one masterpiece like GFK, Gza, or Rae.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 4:27 pm

yo Wayne type in bigger font
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 4:54 pm

I agree with everything Terry said EXCEPT that Legend Of The Liquid Sword is FAR BETTER than Immobilarity
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

I think Rea is gonna release solid material from here on out. But his 2nd 2 albums and those IceWater albums will always be duds
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

OB4CL 1 & 2 and Shaolin Vs Wu combined is better than anything Meth did solo wise IMO but I see your point Jeff. I listened to 4:21 the other day and I am just trying to figure out why this dude can do so well on other projects (Wu or Blackouts or guest appearances) and when it comes to his own solo albums, something just isn't there.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 7:47 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
yo Wayne type in bigger font

haha just be glad it's not in italics anymore
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I agree with everything Terry said EXCEPT that Legend Of The Liquid Sword is FAR BETTER than Immobilarity

I concur. Animal Planet is beasting on every Immobilarity track.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

Although I respect everyone's opinions, as always, in a way it seems like I may like Rae's 2nd and 3rd albums a little more than most, which is all good. There's no disputing that OB4CL is a 5 star classic and OB4CL2 and Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang are both 4.5 star albums. I still feel Immobilarity is Rae's most underrated album (3.5 stars in my rating), lyrically and The Lex Diamond Story is about 3 stars. Now, the production on both of those albums are nothing spectacular, but it's far from wack imo. Also imo, I don't see anything underrated about any other album in his discog.

And while I'm at it..................

Meth's discog is decent. Tical, Tical 2000, and the 4:21 album all cop 4 stars from me. I've never heard the Tical 0: The Prequel album and I'm in NO rush to check it out either.

GZA, while he's always been tremendous on the mic, his discography is carried largely on the strength of the classic Liquid Swords. Now, Beneath The Surface and Legend of the Liquid Sword are both very good albums, Grandmasters is excellent, and I honestly didn't care too much for Protools.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

GZA's discog>>>>>>>>>>Rae's discog>>>>>>>>>>>>Meth's discog

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

So GZA's discog is carried by Liquid Swords but Rae's isn't carried by Cuban Linx?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
So GZA's discog is carried by Liquid Swords but Rae's isn't carried by Cuban Linx?

Rae's discog is carried by OB4CL, I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 11:50 pm

I don't see how an album you rate 3.5 stars could be underrated Wayne, but maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 12:19 am

Highsmith wrote:
I don't see how an album you rate 3.5 stars could be underrated Wayne, but maybe that's just me.

That may be a little different, but if I had to pick one in Rae's discog, it would be Immobilarity.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

I bumped the Lex Diamond Story today and I can't even go 3 stars for this one, like I had thought. 2.5 is more like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon's discography   Raekwon's discography Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raekwon's discography
Page 1 of 1