Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Krit-Live From The Underground

Go down 
+4
Wayne
Highsmith
Wanduras
T. Myers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Big Krit-Live From The Underground Empty
PostSubject: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

Big Krit-Live From The Underground 51ou7RleyrL._SL500_AA300_

Krit is 4 for 4. I'm not really sure where this will rank with the rest, but really all 4 are somewhat interchangeable to me. He's well on his way to being a King Remembered In Time.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

Damn...I can't believe I still haven't gotten this...I'm ashamed of myself. My review will come soon.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

Other than "Yeah That's Me" and some unnamed folks on suspect hooks, I like this album a lot. As Terry said though, the 4 releases are somewhat interchangable. However, I would say K.R.I.T. Wuz Here would be #1 for me. The rest of the rankings would be up for debate. After 2 spins, I would say 4-4.25 stars with "Praying Man" being my obvious fav.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:01 pm

This album is excellent all around. It impressed me very much like his mixtapes and I'm already anticipating a sophomore album.

A very solid, strong 4 stars for this one.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Great album with the exception of some of the hooks. "Praying Man" is my favorite but the track with Anthony Hamilton is really growing on me. He just sounds good on a southern hip hop track.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

I think this is the weakest KRIT project. Good for sure, but it didn't get interesting until the second half for me. A bit of a disappointment for me because his mixtapes got progressively better every time (4 Eva N A Day is KRIT's best IMO). I like it but it's not gonna be in the top 10 for the year.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

Half wrote:
I think this is the weakest KRIT project. Good for sure, but it didn't get interesting until the second half for me. A bit of a disappointment for me because his mixtapes got progressively better every time (4 Eva N A Day is KRIT's best IMO). I like it but it's not gonna be in the top 10 for the year.

Pretty much agree with everything said here. Definitely my least favorite of the 4 and I don't see it changing. It's still good though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 10:06 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Half wrote:

Pretty much agree with everything said here. Definitely my least favorite of the 4 and I don't see it changing. It's still good though.

I can see this. Weakest out of those 1st three is saying a lot about the quality he has put out. Because I like this album even maybe a tad more than 4eva N A Day. But no further than that. Its his 3rd or 4th at best imo. Still a good "mainstream" debut for him.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

This is about 4 stars as of now.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 7:20 pm

Yup, this is def a weak effort from KRIT. Still dope but weak compared to his mixtapes. It sounds like he was trying to cater too much to his party type fans on the first half. He's good at that niche too but I like him when he's soulful and deep. It gets way better from track 8-16, Money on the Floor being the only real standout from the first half. And yes, some of the hooks are lacking creativity. The only way that this album is better than the others is that it FUCKING KNOCKS! This is trunk destroyer fa sho. 4Eva N a Day is def way better, IMO. 3.5 for this as of now.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:11 pm

Yeah this is the only KRIT album where I just can't listen to certain songs. KRIT just doesn't make bad songs but songs like Yeah Dats Me and I Got This are terrible IMO. BUT the 2nd half of the album is what saves it. You can tell he was def going for some hits for the record label, and you also have to remember that he can't just sample anything he wants like he can on his mixtapes, so I think that also contributed to how this album sounded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Krit-Live From The Underground   Big Krit-Live From The Underground Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Krit-Live From The Underground
Page 1 of 1