Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NBA Draft

Go down 
+2
E. Taylor
Shaun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

Waiters at 4??? LMAO
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

Toronto is dumb, too. Detroit is gonna be a playoff team next year
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:52 am

New Orleans had a great draft! Davis, Rivers, and don't sleep on Darius Miller, he'll be a solid role player for 10+ years.

Good luck to all my Kentucky Wildcats! All 6 drafted!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 1:02 am

I'm not sold on Rivers, but if he can turn himself into a PG, he'll have a great time in NO
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

I was really proud to see Barnes and White get drafted so high, but I still think both are steals at the picks they came in on.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

Daryl Morey failed again. We now have a roster with one disgruntled point guard, no 5, and a gaggle of 2s,3s & 4s most of whom are tweeners with no true position. He better have something up his sleeve or the Rockets are really going to blow this year. Sadly, that's probably the plan, smh. Fuck a top 5 pick, 82 games of trash is not worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

A Guest wrote:
I was really proud to see Barnes and White get drafted so high, but I still think both are steals at the picks they came in on.

i love White too, i think he'll be damn good. I'm very happy with Drummond too but Shaun I think it will take him a couple years to develop (I hope he does). Playoffs in two years.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

I can Drummond being like a more well rounded Hibbert. If that happens... watch out
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

I think the Rockets will really be solid next year...thought they had a good draft...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 12:35 am

I doubt they will have their draft picks at the start of the season
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

The players are alright, but none of the picks came at positions of need, and the whole reason Morey was wheelin' and dealin'; adding picks and moving up, was to try to get Dwight Howard (which I never believed would happen) or move into the top 5. Neither happened. All we did was add to the glut of mid-round, young wings and undersized 4's we have already. I'm sure someone will get dealt, but it won't be anything earth-shattering. If we finish better than last year I'll be truly shocked.
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

Do you watch college ball?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 2:46 pm

pretty much just the tournament. I don't really follow it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 3:11 pm

Lamb and White could really benefit the Rockets, but again, they're looking for established players... I could see Josh Smith in Houston next season
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

Yeah, it didn't sound like you watched much college ball the way you wrote off Lamb and White. Royce White gets a lot of comparisons to Charles Barkley (although he shoots flat footed free throws and misses FTs a lot) and Lamb is just a superb athlete. I thought this was the best rookie class in probably a decade. No fucking clue why Gilchrist went #2, though, he's got bust written all over him. Same with the white center from NC, no clue why he went so high.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

If Gilchrist can develop a left hand, and handle losing games, I think he'll be one of the best players of the decade. This class was really deep, can't wait to see how Crowder does in Cleveland.
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 9:02 am

Those are two big "maybes" when you're at the pro level, though, unless you're one of the most gifted players of all time like Lebron.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 7:07 pm

Indeed. Just found out Crowder went to Dallas, and DJO went to LAL. Two of my favorite players from this draft go to two of my least favorite teams. smh
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

Shaun wrote:
Waiters at 4??? LMAO

I think he's better than the 2 SG that went in front of him. Beal is one dimensional and MKG is overrated. All 3 are undersized...I'd rather have the most seasoned of the 3. That's Waiters. Screw potential, a top 5 pick should be ready to make an impact right away. Waiters is gonna do that before Beal or MKG will.

I'd rather have him in DC instead of Beal...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 12:45 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Waiters at 4??? LMAO

I think he's better than the 2 SG that went in front of him. Beal is one dimensional and MKG is overrated. All 3 are undersized...I'd rather have the most seasoned of the 3. That's Waiters. Screw potential, a top 5 pick should be ready to make an impact right away. Waiters is gonna do that before Beal or MKG will.

I'd rather have him in DC instead of Beal...

This rookie class has "potential" or "undersized" written all over them. I do think 5 years from now we'll be saying "man that was a damn good class" especially in comparison with the last few years, but it will take most of them time to develop. Also, I think the size issue is systemic because most of the genetic freaks seem to be now playing football instead of basketball.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

The only thing Waiters has over either of them IMO is the fact that he was coached by Boeheim for his college career. He played in a system offense and has played essentially only zone on defense. Not to mention he never started a game. And Cuse hasn't had the best track record in the past decade with players coming out. I'm very skeptical about anyone from there getting drafted top 5. I'm not sold on Beal, either, but I think he'll fit well in Washington. They needed a scorer/shooter, and they got it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Oh, and MKG is like 6'7, 210. Not undersized if he's going to be playing the 2. And the small forward spot has gotten really sporadic regarding size and skill set lately. I think he'll get the Bobcats a bunch of wins next year (well, a bunch more than last year)
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:42 pm

MKG is listed as a 3, but his game has 2 written all over it. Did he play 2 in college? I didn't watch many UK games (I'm anti-Calipari he's bad for the game).

I've watched Waiters play quite a bit since I watch a ton of Big East basketball and I caught plenty of UF games. I should correct myself and say that I would take MKG over Waiters, but the entire world knew that guy would be gone by #3 unfortunately. Beal can shoot, sure, but shooters come a dime a dozen. Rasual Butler and Kyle Korver still have jobs because of this fact. We could've done so much more at #3 (trade down, go after OJ Mayo, offer the pick along with Blatche...something). I feel like we should've taken Waiters. If not Waiters, then go big with TRob and not bring in Okafor's huge freakin' contract. Roger Mason was a shooter...he didn't add very much in terms of depth or dimension. smh We're a better team than we were last season already though. Ariza is gonna start at the 3. From everything I've read, Nene will start at 4 with Okafor at 5. That leaves Wall at the 1 and god-knows-who at the 2. I just hope they can get rid of or bench Jordan Crawford. He's awful.

And the Bobcats can only go up. Literally... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

I agree, I agree. Again, not sold on Beal, but he is exactly the type of player Washington needed. Someone who can shoot the ball, which by looking at that lineup is dead on lol. After MKG went second, the only logical picks I could see for them were Beal, Barnes, and Robinson. With Barnes, they could've moved Ariza to the 2 and had one of the most athletic starting squads in the league. With Beal they add that Butler/Korver type to finally spread the floor. At least he is indeed better than Crawford...lol
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 8:42 pm

The Wiz kids need all of the quality folks that they can get. Now they just need to amnesty Blatche.
Back to top Go down

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
I agree, I agree. Again, not sold on Beal, but he is exactly the type of player Washington needed. Someone who can shoot the ball, which by looking at that lineup is dead on lol. After MKG went second, the only logical picks I could see for them were Beal, Barnes, and Robinson. With Barnes, they could've moved Ariza to the 2 and had one of the most athletic starting squads in the league. With Beal they add that Butler/Korver type to finally spread the floor. At least he is indeed better than Crawford...lol

The red flag with Barnes is how much he struggled getting transitioning to college ball, and although he obviously has the physical tools and knowledge to be able to contribute at a pro level, I would be concerned he would struggle elevating his game again and not be a major player for at least a few years. I think Barnes would have done himself a favor by staying in the NCAA for at least another year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBA Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Draft   NBA Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NBA Draft
Page 1 of 1