Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Empty
PostSubject: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:11 pm

Alright, i know some of you have it. Is it worth a purchase? Are the bad reviews accurate?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:12 pm

I'm 4 tracks in, and it's dope. I'll let you know how it is when i finish.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

I think it's worth a purchase. The only track that might be skipped is Cuckoo, but I'm not sure yet. I like the production, too; some said it wasn't good. Tracks 11-14 might be the best 4 songs in a row this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

I don't know where you are seeing bad reviews, HHDX gave it 4 stars (very high for them) and rapreviews.com gave it 9/10, pop matters gave it a 3.5/5, DJbooth.net gave it 4/5.....very dope album, probably around 4.25 or so stars, could go higher. definitely cop it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:16 pm

Well, there were a few people on here who were disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:18 pm

Well, GZA and J. Harris hate everything lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

LOL! Indeed
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:29 pm

Honestly, i saw a bunch of people bitching about it over at UGHH. I'm going to have to learn to quit going on there to get opinions. They bash everything over there.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 8:38 pm

As I've said before... UGHH is the Vernon of hip hop forums
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:09 pm

Haha yeah just look at the abbreviation.....ughh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:11 pm

I dug the album. It's not the classic that it was hyped up to be but it's dope nonetheless and has some replay value.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:13 pm

"Well, GZA and J. Harris hate everything lol"

I just call it like I see it. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The album is not bad, but it's not cohesive either. The 4 apparently don't have the chemistry I thought they were going to have. It seems like they were busy trying to out do each other than anything. I like all of the MCs, but the album could've been better. Plus, some of the tracks I heard a couple months before weren't even on the album (ex. Woodstock, Wack MCs - IMO, these were better than any tracks on the official album).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:41 pm

This album is dope. The first time I commented on it I hadn't heard it and I just did it to irk Shaun. I found 1 copy at Best Buy today, bumped it on my drive. This shit is dope. 4 stars at least. The production is dope through out, not one weak track. I don't know what this lack of chemistry people are talking about, them dudes flow in and out of the tracks seamlessly IMO. Cuckoo to me is a dope azz track, it's just structurally a little different.

New today I bought:

Krizz Kaliko - Genius
Z-Ro - Joseph McIvey
Slaughterhouse
Klondike Kat - Lyrical Lion EP
Mddl Fngz - Smokin With The Enemy

Heard everything but Klondike Kat and all of them are bangers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 1:06 am

Slaughterhouse is straight flamethrower! Anybody saying this album is wack or saying it's a disappointment needs to go the doctor ASAP to check up on their ears! :gza:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?   Slaughterhouse...............who already has it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaughterhouse...............who already has it?
Page 1 of 1