Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles

Go down 
+2
Norfeest
T. Myers
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 11:09 am

I'm sure that you've all heard the story already, and if you haven't then go to NFL or ESPN.com and read up.

Personally, I'm SHOCKED that this happened. I knew that someone was gonna sign him, but I'm shocked that the Philadelphia Eagles did so being that they have Donovan McNabb.

McNabb claims that he lobbied to get him on the Eagles because everyone deserves a second chance. While I agree with that, I don't buy that he lobbied to get him there because they play the same position. I remember when McNabb was benched in the 2nd half of a game last year, and the reason why he was back the following week is because his backup played poorly. That may not be the case with Vick, because we all know how talented he is.

So what are your thoughts on this story. Are you shocked that Philly picked him up? Do you buy what Donovan said? Also, should Andy Reid use him as a reciever or something of that degree? Sound off peeps.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 11:14 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I'm sure that you've all heard the story already, and if you haven't then go to NFL or ESPN.com and read up.

Personally, I'm SHOCKED that this happened. I knew that someone was gonna sign him, but I'm shocked that the Philadelphia Eagles did so being that they have Donovan McNabb.

McNabb claims that he lobbied to get him on the Eagles because everyone deserves a second chance. While I agree with that, I don't buy that he lobbied to get him there because they play the same position. I remember when McNabb was benched in the 2nd half of a game last year, and the reason why he was back the following week is because his backup played poorly. That may not be the case with Vick, because we all know how talented he is.

So what are your thoughts on this story. Are you shocked that Philly picked him up? Do you buy what Donovan said? Also, should Andy Reid use him as a reciever or something of that degree? Sound off peeps.

McNabb was benched last year to send a message. He was never in any danger of losing his starting job. Vick is absolutely no threat to McNabb now. Vick has been out of Football for 2 years, and even at his best, he wasn't exactly the greatest QB in the world. The Eagles need a quality back up QB, and Kolb is not it. Lets not forget McNabb has been injury prone in his career. I do like the signing though. Vick will give Philly a legit back up, and that organization is strong enough to handle and help him. It's essentially a one year deal so if it doesn't work, there is no harm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 11:32 am

Yeah Vick was never the best. I think they want him as a back and as a running threat since McNabb is not. I think he will be used in certain situations, trick plays, etc. Ultimately I think they will groom Vick enough to trade him and get something in return that will help them.

Personally I wish nothing but failure and ill will towards the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:05 pm

I just want to know when the authentic Vick jerseys go on sale...

It's still Redskins all day though. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah Vick was never the best. I think they want him as a back and as a running threat since McNabb is not. I think he will be used in certain situations, trick plays, etc. Ultimately I think they will groom Vick enough to trade him and get something in return that will help them.

McNabb IS a running threat but Vick is MORE of a running threat.

I hate the Eagles because they're division rivals to my Giants BUT I'm glad that Vick is getting another chance to redeem himself. Fuck PETA and those protesting assholes. I'm glad that the president of the Humane Society is on Vick's side though after he went to talk to kids about the ills of dogfighting and animal abuse.

They probably will use him for trick plays since Reid knows the West Coast offense. It'll be an interesting situation for sure. I have DeSean Jackson on a fantasy team that I have so I hope that Vick doesn't cut into his production.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

McNabb IS a running threat but Vick is MORE of a running threat.

I hate the Eagles because they're division rivals to my Giants BUT I'm glad that Vick is getting another chance to redeem himself. Fuck PETA and those protesting assholes. I'm glad that the president of the Humane Society is on Vick's side though after he went to talk to kids about the ills of dogfighting and animal abuse.

They probably will use him for trick plays since Reid knows the West Coast offense. It'll be an interesting situation for sure. I have DeSean Jackson on a fantasy team that I have so I hope that Vick doesn't cut into his production.

I'm with you on the PETA hate......but what I find even worse is when non-vegetarians take shits on people like Mike Vick for dogfighting, when they eat fast food, chicken, steak, etc. I say either you hate all forms of animal cruelty, or none at all. I just think people that pick and choose what animals to support are hypocrites. When I heard about the dogfighting incident, yeah it sounded bad, but I still thought that he should get a second chance to get back in the game after doing his time. And now he has it, I hope he makes the best of it.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:29 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
I'm with you on the PETA hate......but what I find even worse is when non-vegetarians take shits on people like Mike Vick for dogfighting, when they eat fast food, chicken, steak, etc. I say either you hate all forms of animal cruelty, or none at all. I just think people that pick and choose what animals to support are hypocrites. When I heard about the dogfighting incident, yeah it sounded bad, but I still thought that he should get a second chance to get back in the game after doing his time. And now he has it, I hope he makes the best of it.

Co-Sign to the fullest...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:35 pm

He was gonna go to the Bills Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
He was gonna go to the Bills Shaking My Head

They already have drama with Marshawn Lynch, and will eventually have drama with T.O. so they didn't need any additional drama.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:47 pm

I know. Plus, no one would care about the Bills being a playoff contender this year, they would only care about if Vick and TO start drama
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

lol @ the Bills in general Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 1:02 pm

How did the Redskins finish last year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 1:15 pm

Vick and TO would have been the ultimate tandem. Like they'd be selling bricks of yayo out of the bills lockerroom smuggled into the country inside the corpses of live guantanamo detainees...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:11 pm

LMAo at KJ's stupid ass calling Mcnabb a running threat...this isn't 2002 fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:17 pm

Steve wrote:

He gets more rushing yards than most QB's, jackass! He doesn't run as often as he used to, but he can run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:18 pm

147 yards last year, probably in the bottom 10. So shut up window washer.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Steve wrote:

He gets more rushing yards than most QB's, jackass! He doesn't run as often as he used to, but he can run.

McNabb is not a running "threat" in the truest sense of the word. He's mobile enough to avoid sacks and extend plays, but teams are not afraid he will beat them with his legs any more. At least, that's my opinion on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:23 pm

Steve wrote:
147 yards last year, probably in the bottom 10. So shut up window washer.

I'd take being a window washer (which makes good money) than being a psychopath anyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:39 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Steve wrote:

McNabb is not a running "threat" in the truest sense of the word. He's mobile enough to avoid sacks and extend plays, but teams are not afraid he will beat them with his legs any more. At least, that's my opinion on it.

Exactly. Which is why I said what I said.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:40 pm

I know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:42 pm

I know you know.

That was for KJ.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:44 pm

Oh ok lol!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

Vick is one of my favorite players in the league. I hope they use him a lot in a Wildcat type formation and hopefully he succeeds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 4:51 pm

Tony Dungy and Vick's camp wanted a team who already had an established QB so Vick can use that time to get back in top form and shape after 2 years off. Vick was a Pro Bowl Quarterback once but its gonna take him some time to get back to that level. It was a smart move going to a team where there will be absolutely no pressure on him during the first year. He can always opt out of the 2nd year and sign with a team that needs a starting QB once he feels hes ready to start again. Mcnabb is also very injury prone. Vick may be forced to start sooner than he thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 4:54 pm

you may be forced to get a dick up your ass sooner than you think, by your doppleganger larry
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 2:11 am

Yeah, Im not a football fan and Im a dog owner but I still support Vick. These emo peta-faggots just want something to gripe about. The man served his time its not like he was throwing puppies off a cliff like those soldiers in Iraq.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles   Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles
Page 1 of 1