Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?

Go down 
+4
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
Esco
Dang! Trotter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Empty
PostSubject: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 12:31 am

Pop-boppers aren't hard to please. They'll be satisfied with just one "great" album all year. Take Carter3 in 2008. Hiphop heads are a bit more ungrateful. They want a classic album every month.

Sooo how many great albums must come out in a year for you to say its a good year. Taking in account alot hiphoppers are gonna sleep on great albums cause its not their flavor. Unlike popbopers that clamor over anything that breached the top 10.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 12:38 am

well I guess 12 in a year is good, one a month should keep most people satisfied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 12:43 am

52 DOGG!

There should be 10-15 classic albums for a year though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:25 pm

I would settle for at least 12 albums to come out. That would be one hell of a year. The funny thing is that it'll be very hard to keep up with the purchases
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:36 pm

10+ would be ideal in my books. I would prefer quality over quantity though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:43 pm

Steve wrote:
52 DOGG!

There should be 10-15 classic albums for a year though.

I can't remember the last time that's happened to be honest. Probably over a decade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 4:37 pm

5-10 straight up 5 star albums and 10-20 4-4.5 albums will do me well. I already have two 5 star and three 4.5er's this year already. Great start to 09.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:51 pm

if i get 1 classic (5 star album) in a year i would be more than happy

there hasnt been an actual 5 star classic IMO since Supreme Clientele...people throw the term classic around way too loosely
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 3:42 am

"there hasnt been an actual 5 star classic IMO since Supreme Clientele...people throw the term classic around way too loosely"

S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.?
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 3:51 am

"S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.?"

Samething I was thinking lol...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 4:02 am

Too bad you were thinking

"Souljaboytellem.com"?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 5:39 pm

10 (5)star efforts per year bare minimum sounds about right...

so far 2009 needs major help IMO...we may not get up to 5 this year..lol

but we'll see it's already half way done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 5:52 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

there hasnt been an actual 5 star classic IMO since Supreme Clientele...people throw the term classic around way too loosely

So you don't feel that S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M., Train Of Thought, The Minstrel Show, The Marshall Mathers LP, and Quality Control were classics?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 6:05 pm

What about Let's Get Free and Revolutionary Volume 2? Those are both classics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 6:34 pm

At least 2-3 great albums and maybe 5-6 good or above average albums off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

So you don't feel that S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M., Train Of Thought, The Minstrel Show, The Marshall Mathers LP, and Quality Control were classics?

Train of Thought and Marshall Mathers came out the same year as Supreme Clientele, and yea there both classics....Quality Control, SONOGRAM, and Minstrel Show are undisputed underground hip hop classics and maybe personal classics, but on the grand scheme of things i dont think they are "hip hop classics", i would give Quality Control and SONOGRAM like 4.85/5 just barely missing the 5 star rank...but i rarely ever give out 5's, and Minstrel Show probably 4.5-4.75 if i had to be exact about it....
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:04 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

Im a GFK fan but c'mon, dog.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:25 am

Powell, how many 5 star albums dropped last year, to you?

I counted 2, maybe 3 depending on my mood. I know you have different answers, too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

10 for me.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 10:00 pm

I think that about 5-7 (4) star efforts or above and about 8-10 (3) star efforts makes for a good year in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?   How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many great albums must come out in a year for you to be satified with said year?
Page 1 of 1