Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Empty
PostSubject: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:46 am

This is just what Nas needed, someone with good musical sense to guide a project with him. This will probably be his best album in years.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:51 am

I doubt it could top Untitled but I'm open to surprises.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:55 am

That shit is looking good! But what up with no release date? Are they still shoppng for a label?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:59 am

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully it will be out by November
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 12:40 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I doubt it could top Untitled but I'm open to surprises.

Co-Sign, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. Nas and Stevie Wonder on the same track sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:34 pm

Hopefully this kills Untitled. The beats on there were wack as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:47 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:

I'll agree with you to an extent. Some of the beats were wack.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:54 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:

look we actually agree on something about hip hop lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

I loved the beats...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:00 pm

I liked the beats, too. The way they seemed stripped down worked perfect for the album
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:06 pm

Nas was more focused on Untitled than he'd been in a while, but musically it was still a half-assed album. Nas just doesn't have a very good sense of those things. Damian Marley and Stephen Marley definitely do though, so we should finally get Nas with consistently strong and cohesive production, and hopefully just as focused as on Untitled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:24 pm

Yeah, but I'm worried about mixing K'Naan and 9th Wonder in there with those guys...seems really fucking odd to me.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:34 pm

K'naan makes sense to me, he's experienced in mixing genres, including reggae and hip-hop, and this album is about Africa, so the issues are right along with what he talks about. 9th is more out of place.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 1:11 am

hopefully this will revive what nas lost long ago. shit i haven't liked anything since It Was Writen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 1:26 am

Shaun wrote:
I liked the beats, too. The way they seemed stripped down worked perfect for the album

The production for Untitled could have been better overall, but for certain songs it fit perfectly. I can't see less than 4.5 stars for that album given the lyricism and subject matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 2:58 am

It sounds like it's going to be quite the collabo. I'll definitely be looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)   Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nas & Damian Marley- Distant Relatives (tracklist)
Page 1 of 1