Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)

Go down 
+2
Half
Laced With Slang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Empty
PostSubject: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:29 am

" DOOM is one of the most original and uncompromising voices in hip-hop. From his work in the 90’s with the seminal KMD to his legendary releases under a variety of aliases including MF Doom, Madvillain, King Geedorah, Viktor Vaughn, Dangerdoom & more, his prolific body of work has always valued artistic integrity and creativity over anything else. As numerous and varied as his albums are, DOOM also has a thick catalog of guest appearances, remixes, non-album tracks, & vinyl only singles. For the first time, Unexpected Guests presents many of these hard to find tracks as a mix CD, executed and overseen by the Super Villain himself.

With a list of co-conspirators which includes marquee level names such as Talib Kweli, Ghostface & GZA as well as underground heroes Vast Aire, CountBass D & Kurius, the music on this disc highlights DOOM’s ever-present trademark wit and taste for raw and ominous beats. On “Trap Door,” he spits couplets like “No curse words / DOOM the worst church nerd verse heard” over a plucked bass and guitar line from producer Jake One that sounds like the funkiest spy movie soundtrack imaginable. “Sniper Elite” sees the emcee united with the late J Dilla, and is one of the many tracks featured that has yet to see an official CD release. The album will also feature a never before heard live version of DOOM’s classic “I Hear Voices” from the Operation Doomsday album.

Peppered with his signature comic book dialogue and vintage sound clips, Unexpected Guests presents a treasure trove of DOOM obscurities which should shed light on material that even some hardcore fans may have missed. It’s a frenetic, virtuosic look at a true hip-hop original."

DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Doom_cover_small

1. Get ‘Er Done feat. DOOM - Jake One
2. Fly That Knot feat. DOOM - Talib Kweli
3. Sniper Elite feat. DOOM - Dilla Ghostface DOOM
4. Trap Door feat. DOOM - Jake One
5. Sorcerers feat. DOOM & Invizible Handz - John Robinson
6. Da Supafriendz - Vast Aire
7. Quite Buttery - Count Bass D feat DOOM
8. ? - DOOM featuring Kurious
9. All Outta Ale - DOOM
10. E.N.Y. House - Masta Killa
11. Bells of DOOM - DOOM
12. My Favorite Ladies - DOOM
13. Street Corners (Remix) - Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck & GZA
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:42 am

This sounds cool. When is it out?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 10:34 am

most of these songs have all been heard/out already but for those that havent got these its probably worth checkin out....im not sure when its out
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 11:54 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
most of these songs have all been heard/out already but for those that havent got these its probably worth checkin out....im not sure when its out

Now that you mention it I have the majority of these songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 12:04 pm

I never heard these since I am not an underground nerd kid pretending to be a wack rapper... I am indeed the wack rapper himself. Therefore, despite no features from myself I will purchase this if this is cheap.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 12:43 pm

damn, just another way to steal hard earned cash from listeners in my opin....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 1:10 pm

This looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 2:47 pm

Sinj wrote:

but you could say that about every b-side and/or Greatest Hits album from any artist...only people who dont have these and huge fans will buy these types of things
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 6:57 pm

Sinj wrote:

Yeah, what the hell? Most of these songs are old as hell. I got every one, I believe. Just trying to cash in...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 9:07 pm

Alan wrote:
Sinj wrote:

Yeah, what the hell? Most of these songs are old as hell. I got every one, I believe. Just trying to cash in...

Alot of rappers pull this gimmick. Aint nothing with thar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)   DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOOM - Unexpected Guests (Artwork x Tracklist)
Page 1 of 1