Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Who has the best discog of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:48 am

Well?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 10:04 am

Well in all honesty and seriously without my preferance to the man I think Face wins hands down. Why?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone to rank his official solo albums lower than a 4.0 and if we include Geto Boys (do we Terry?) its a rap. The man dropped his 1st solo in like 91 and just dropped one in 2008 and all are a 4.0 or above easily. Who's fuckin with that? I know some will oppose/down play this just because he's my number one but seriously think about it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 10:08 am

Yeah, the GB albums should count IMO. I also co-sign Scarface. It could be argued that Face hasn't reached the same highs as others, but his consistency and longevity are second to none.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 10:19 am

T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, the GB albums should count IMO. I also co-sign Scarface. It could be argued that Face hasn't reached the same highs as others, but his consistency and longevity are second to none.

Thats a good point about his highs and I think that is what most judge him by instead of consistant quality. He has never had a album that is held in such high regards as It Takes A Million, Chronic, or Illmatic but that should add to his strengths because instead of having one album that stands out like that he has several.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 10:24 am

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, the GB albums should count IMO. I also co-sign Scarface. It could be argued that Face hasn't reached the same highs as others, but his consistency and longevity are second to none.

Thats a good point about his highs and I think that is what most judge him by instead of consistant quality. He has never had a album that is held in such high regards as It Takes A Million, Chronic, or Illmatic but that should add to his strengths because instead of having one album that stands out like that he has several.

Yeah, I could remove Face's most popular album or his most respected album, and his discog looks just as strong. If i were to remove Illmatic from Nas' discog, it would severely sway the perception of Nas. Obviously that can't happen. Nas did in fact release Illmatic, and it is in fact a classic so my point is somewhat irrelevant. I would hope my point would not be ignored though.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

Scarface is a strong pick. Personal preference, I gotta go with Red. Even if you don't agree that his discography is the best, it is pretty strong.

I think Pac's first five should be considered without the posthumous garbage. He also ranks pretty high.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 2:05 pm

2Pac the GOAT, and posthumous garbage? R U Still Down, Makaveli, Greatest Hits, Still I Rise, Better Dayz (mostly), Until the End of Time are all classics.


Last edited by 2Pac's Ghost on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 2:07 pm

KRS-One wins hands down and quite easily too for me!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 3:04 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRS-One wins hands down and quite easily too for me!

I can see him in the top 3 for most consistant but overall quality of discog maybe top 10. All his albums imo do not rank 4.0 or higher. He has dropped some questionable albums.

Pac is a contender but he is another that has that one or two major albums that most consider classic. The rest always seem to just play a background role.

Redman is a good pick but Malpractice and Gone Wild were not on point with his 1st four.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

LMAO, pac has only one or two classics and your boy face doesnt? LMAO
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 3:17 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
LMAO, pac has only one or two classics and your boy face doesnt? LMAO

I'm saying Pac has 3 albums that most will say is classic, the others no one talks about much at all. Face really has no albums that a "majority" or wide range of listeners talks about all the time, but his whole discog is priased as a collective.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 3:35 pm

Face would be number 1 for me...

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:21 pm

KRob86 wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
LMAO, pac has only one or two classics and your boy face doesnt? LMAO

I'm saying Pac has 3 albums that most will say is classic, the others no one talks about much at all. Face really has no albums that a "majority" or wide range of listeners talks about all the time, but his whole discog is priased as a collective.

lol, maybe in GA, but everywhere else it's the diary, and thats about it my friend.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:28 pm

KRS-One has:
Criminal Minded(1987)
By All Means Necessary(1988)
Ghetto Music:The Blueprint(1989)
Edutainment(1990)
Live Hardcore:Worldwide(1991)
Sex And Violence(1992)
Return Of The Boom Bap(1993)
KRS-One(1995)
I Got Next(1997)
A Retrospective-Greatest Hits(2000)
The Sneak Attack(2001)
Spiritual Minded(2002)
The Mix Tape(2002)
Kristyles(2002)
D.I.G.I.T.A.L.(2003)
Keep Right(2004)
Life(2006)
Hip-Hop Lives(2007)
Adventures In Emceein'(2008)
Maximum Strength(2008)
Survival Skills(2009)


Man, Kris is winning this shit going away and nobody is even on his level IMO....he's got at least 6 to 7 classics in his catalog easily..no one else has that many damn classics.

The Teacha is killing this thread man...lol..so much so that's it's almost funny!
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1039
Join date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:42 pm

The Roots. KRS-One is great, but half his albums are average. Scarface is consistent, but I don't think there's a whole lot of variety in his catalog. The Roots have evolved with every album, and yet maintained a consistently high level. They have 2 or 3 classics, which is on par with other people in this discussion.


Last edited by Jason on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRS-One has:
Criminal Minded(1987)
By All Means Necessary(1988)
Ghetto Music:The Blueprint(1989)
Edutainment(1990)
Live Hardcore:Worldwide(1991)
Sex And Violence(1992)
Return Of The Boom Bap(1993)
KRS-One(1995)
I Got Next(1997)
A Retrospective-Greatest Hits(2000)
The Sneak Attack(2001)
Spiritual Minded(2002)
The Mix Tape(2002)
Kristyles(2002)
D.I.G.I.T.A.L.(2003)
Keep Right(2004)
Life(2006)
Hip-Hop Lives(2007)
Adventures In Emceein'(2008)
Maximum Strength(2008)
Survival Skills(2009)


Man, Kris is winning this shit going away and nobody is even on his level IMO....he's got at least 6 to 7 classics in his catalog easily..no one else has that many damn classics.

The Teacha is killing this thread man...lol..so much so that's it's almost funny!

For solo artists, I agree with you. Although The Sneak Attack and Turn Right were sub-par albums.

Nevertheless, no solo rapper has quite the discog that KRS has.

For groups I'll go with The Roots. Out of 7 albums, 3 of them are classics and the others are at least 4 stars.


Last edited by KJ Styles on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:51 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Man, Kris is winning this shit going away and nobody is even on his level IMO....he's got at least 6 to 7 classics in his catalog easily..no one else has that many damn classics.

The Teacha is killing this thread man...lol..so much so that's it's almost funny!

Are you sure Face doesn't have 6 or 7 classics? I know you're not feeling the Geto Boys like that, but Face has arguably just as many classics if we include the Geto Boys albums. I persoanlly think KRS and Face havew about the same number of classics. KRS has the best album between the two, but Face hasn't had as drastic of a drop off as KRS did either. they are #1 and #2 on my all time list for a reason so i'm not mad at the KRS choice at all, but i think you're selling Face short.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1039
Join date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:51 pm

I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:54 pm

Yeah The Roots is my group pick

and Kris is my solo pick both win this shit hands down for me!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:55 pm

Jason wrote:
I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.

That may be true, but i'm just trying to speak from a consensus point of view. I would never throw Face's Untouchable out there as one of his classics even though i think it is. You know what i mean?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:57 pm

KRS has way too many so so albums I think... most old school vets have tarnished their discog with so so albums. Pac is strong - but I laughed at the mention of the greatest hits in a discog.

Face is a strong pick. Gang Starr, Outkast, Jay Z, and Biggie should be thrown in the mix - I kid about biggie - my pick is K-Rino though, rather predictably - but if you look at the volume of his releases and the lyrical quality album after album - there is really no repetitive shit in there - the only slight knock is production - but I don't think the man has a wack album and certainly nothing under 4 IMO. and he has more albums than Face too.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:57 pm

Scarface as a solo artist has 3 classics IMO and he has ALWAYS been a strong solo artist but he can't see the teacha with this thread either..as far as the "big" drop-off from Kris I mean he may not be spitting like he was in 1988 but Survival Skills which was released this year shows me he's still got it man...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 4:59 pm

Terry does have a valid point, Face does have the same amount of consensus classics as KRS (4 each).

That being said, I feel that KRS has more personal classics, so I give him the edge. Face's discog is definitely among the best though.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 5:08 pm

"Are you sure Face doesn't have 6 or 7 classics? I know you're not feeling the Geto Boys like that, but Face has arguably just as many classics if we include the Geto Boys albums. I persoanlly think KRS and Face havew about the same number of classics. KRS has the best album between the two, but Face hasn't had as drastic of a drop off as KRS did either. they are #1 and #2 on my all time list for a reason so i'm not mad at the KRS choice at all, but i think you're selling Face short."

Cosign. Except KRS is my GOAT, and Face is #2

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 41
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

Jason wrote:
I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.

Ditto...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:00 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Jason wrote:
I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.

Ditto...

cosign x50,000
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:04 pm

KRob86 wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
LMAO, pac has only one or two classics and your boy face doesnt? LMAO

I'm saying Pac has 3 albums that most will say is classic, the others no one talks about much at all. Face really has no albums that a "majority" or wide range of listeners talks about all the time, but his whole discog is priased as a collective.

and, im sorry, but no one talks about face norf of mason dixie and west of texas...at all he has three SINGLEl plat albums...so stop that homie
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:24 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
LMAO, pac has only one or two classics and your boy face doesnt? LMAO

I'm saying Pac has 3 albums that most will say is classic, the others no one talks about much at all. Face really has no albums that a "majority" or wide range of listeners talks about all the time, but his whole discog is priased as a collective.

and, im sorry, but no one talks about face norf of mason dixie and west of texas...at all he has three SINGLEl plat albums...so stop that homie

I know you feel the need to defend Pac with crazy statements like the one above but if you truly believe that your mind is playing tricks on you.

PS>.....KRS discog ain't seeing Face's with bifocals.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:26 pm

I know Face is your GOAT Kev but KRS's first four albums match up with ANY of Face's albums, solo OR group.

I'd also say that Criminal Minded is the best album between them both.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:27 pm

so...why aint homeboy sold? good mob sold for underground, ALL no limit sold, outkast sold, UGK sold, Wayne sold Jeezy sold, Luda sold, TI sold...why aint face sold? like i said, you talk about local (let me say no beef intended on this man), but face is the DEFINITION of a local legend.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:33 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
so...why aint homeboy sold? good mob sold for underground, ALL no limit sold, outkast sold, UGK sold, Wayne sold Jeezy sold, Luda sold, TI sold...why aint face sold? like i said, you talk about local (let me say no beef intended on this man), but face is the DEFINITION of a local legend.

Not true...he could not go plat with the albums he did including Geto Boys just selling in the south or being local. You do not win lyricists of the year being local, you do not be included in almost every greatest rapper list ever being local. Face is not the most marketable rapper and you know that, that is why he does not sell like the cats you mentioned. You are really strecthing lies to support your debate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I know Face is your GOAT Kev but KRS's first four albums match up with ANY of Face's albums, solo OR group.

I'd also say that Criminal Minded is the best album between them both.

Of course you would say that....but like Steve is trying to say about Face if you come south of that mason dixie and go more to the west I bet more jokers hold one of Face or Geto Boy albums higher than Criminal Minded. I think you and Powell are getting quanity and quality mixed up. Too Short has just as many albums as KRS but he loses in overall quality. No one has praised a KRS album truly since his self titled solo album.

SRP Rino is a very interesting pick but like you mentioned his production knoks him out this race imo. Now to me he has progressed more than a lot of ole school emcees lyric wise and I argee none of his albums are weak but me and you dig his sound.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:39 pm

kinda like you stretching lines when you say nobody talks about anything but AEOM, Makaveli, and MATW, right?


2Pacalypse Now: Gold
Strictly 4: Plat
R U Still Down: 4x Plat
Until the End of Time: 3x Plat
Better Dayz: 2x Plat
Resurrection: Plat
Loyal to the Game: Plat
THUG LIFE: Gold
Still I Rise: Plat
Greatest Hits: 9x Plat
Above the Rim sdtrk: 2x Plat
The Show sdtrk: Plat
Poetic Justice sdtrk: Gold


Now tell me how face ain't marketable, and how nobody talks about shit but 3 albums for pac again?
Gang Related: 2x Plat
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 47
Location : Maputo, Mozambique

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:40 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Well in all honesty and seriously without my preferance to the man I think Face wins hands down.

I very much agree with this. Scarface is one of the most consistant cats in the game.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:44 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
kinda like you stretching lines when you say nobody talks about anything but AEOM, Makaveli, and MATW, right?


2Pacalypse Now: Gold
Strictly 4: Plat
R U Still Down: 4x Plat
Until the End of Time: 3x Plat
Better Dayz: 2x Plat
Resurrection: Plat
Loyal to the Game: Plat
THUG LIFE: Gold
Still I Rise: Plat
Greatest Hits: 9x Plat
Above the Rim sdtrk: 2x Plat
The Show sdtrk: Plat
Poetic Justice sdtrk: Gold


Now tell me how face ain't marketable, and how nobody talks about shit but 3 albums for pac again?
Gang Related: 2x Plat

Remember Steve Pac is one of my fav's so you are not talikin to no lame or casual fan I know my Pac. Most of his sells came after he died and when he was locked up. I did not say Pac did not sell records I said you do not hear folks big up his albums like those 3.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

Of course his 3 main albums will get the most press, I mean you saying face doesnt have albums that get more coverage than others? Take away 3 of face's best albums and show me what you have left man.

And sales = talking about man. Regardless of artistic merit or quality, selling a mili of anything means dudes was talkin bout it (the artist as well)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
so...why aint homeboy sold? good mob sold for underground, ALL no limit sold, outkast sold, UGK sold, Wayne sold Jeezy sold, Luda sold, TI sold...why aint face sold? like i said, you talk about local (let me say no beef intended on this man), but face is the DEFINITION of a local legend.

Face DID sell, all but about one or two of his albums have went gold or platinum.

Neither UGK nor Jeezy has sold as much as Face. Those other cats you mentioned sold more because they released some commercial/radio friendly material whereas Face kept it gangsta.

That said, KRS STILL has the better discography.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:49 pm

Jason wrote:
I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.

I'm not co-signing this bullshit until Jason shows us where it's being used "liberally"?

I mean no one has yet mentioned that Silver Jews had anything remotely close to anything classic, so show me Jase how it's being used "liberally"???

I mean we are talking about classic albums with both KRS-One and 'Face....both of whom have multiple classic records...not seeing the "liberal use" man....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:50 pm

shut up idiot.

6/10 of his solo albums went gold, and 3/10 went plat.

That is NOT "selling" in face's age, not by a long shot.

so basically, at max, dude has sold what, 7 mil? which is outshone by countless SINGLE albums. so stop that RIGHT there.

Jeezy has sold 3 mil...in today's climate, and when all is said and done, he will easily pass face, no questions asked. so, once again, shut yo bloodclot mouth.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:51 pm

Oh and Kev 'Face is a respectable solo LEGEND..but his discography is right below Kris's my dude...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
I know Face is your GOAT Kev but KRS's first four albums match up with ANY of Face's albums, solo OR group.

I'd also say that Criminal Minded is the best album between them both.

Of course you would say that....but like Steve is trying to say about Face if you come south of that mason dixie and go more to the west I bet more jokers hold one of Face or Geto Boy albums higher than Criminal Minded. I think you and Powell are getting quanity and quality mixed up. Too Short has just as many albums as KRS but he loses in overall quality. No one has praised a KRS album truly since his self titled solo album.

Many KRS albums since his self titled debut have been praised, they just haven't been commercially promoted like his older material was.

I disagree with Steve's statement, as many people from the East Coast (myself included) feel that he is the best Southern MC. Three Stacks is the only other MC that is even mentioned in that convo.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:53 pm

KRS hasn't dropped an album anyone cares about since what dude? 1995, and thats being generous. his discog isnt even CLOSE to the best. 14 years and nothing but dud, or solid album after solid album? bunny please.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
I know Face is your GOAT Kev but KRS's first four albums match up with ANY of Face's albums, solo OR group.

I'd also say that Criminal Minded is the best album between them both.

Of course you would say that....but like Steve is trying to say about Face if you come south of that mason dixie and go more to the west I bet more jokers hold one of Face or Geto Boy albums higher than Criminal Minded. I think you and Powell are getting quanity and quality mixed up. Too Short has just as many albums as KRS but he loses in overall quality. No one has praised a KRS album truly since his self titled solo album.

Many KRS albums since his self titled debut have been praised, they just haven't been commercially promoted like his older material was.

I disagree with Steve's statement, as many people from the East Coast (myself included) feel that he is the best Southern MC. Three Stacks is the only other MC that is even mentioned in that convo.

Three stacks is the only Southern MC anyone even knows (or cares about) for the most part besides him...what you expect? And you fuckin fat white woman lover, when did I ever insult his status as a legend, or southern legend, or say he wasnt the best southern mc. take your fucking idiotic opinions and shove them up an orcas ass
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:58 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
shut up idiot.

6/10 of his solo albums went gold, and 3/10 went plat.

That is NOT "selling" in face's age, not by a long shot.

so basically, at max, dude has sold what, 7 mil? which is outshone by countless SINGLE albums. so stop that RIGHT there.

Jeezy has sold 3 mil...in today's climate, and when all is said and done, he will easily pass face, no questions asked. so, once again, shut yo bloodclot mouth.

Why don't you shut me up?? Oh that's right....YOU CAN'T, cuz it's the internet!! Not that you could anyway, but just pointing out the obvious.

Fuck sales anyway though. Jeezy will NEVER be as respected as Scarface. Other than Outkast, nobody from the South is as respected by REAL hip-hop heads as Scarface from Hip-Hop Nation.

You can come at me with insults and talk shit until you're blue in the face, but it won't mean shit cuz I'm speaking the truth.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:00 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
KRS hasn't dropped an album anyone cares about since what dude? 1995, and thats being generous. his discog isnt even CLOSE to the best. 14 years and nothing but dud, or solid album after solid album? bunny please.

Please Steven do not tell me that Pac has a better discography than Kris?? your not saying that right?? Also in 1995 he released one of his classic joints the self titled KRS-One...he did so much damage before 1995 that who cares if after that his albums weren't what they were before that?? All of his classics came out before that year man....and those joints KILL your boy Pac again and again...IMO Pac only had one classic drop before his death and that was Me Against The World...thats it....All Eyez On Me "became" a classic after he passed, because it certainly wasn't considered one when he was alive and Makaveli which is his only other classic was released after he passed..so Pac has two IMO..so get that dude outta here against Kris my dude cause that sounds NUTS (no homo)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:02 pm

and who considers KRS' albums classic? new york magazines and some homos in new jersey and CT? I mean, who cares about KRS besides y'all (devil's advocate)? and no, bunny, we talkin DISCOG, not HIGHEST highs....so releasing 13 straight aight to shitty albums is not = best discog.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
KRS hasn't dropped an album anyone cares about since what dude? 1995, and thats being generous. his discog isnt even CLOSE to the best. 14 years and nothing but dud, or solid album after solid album? bunny please.

Well most objective listeners would say that 2Pac only has two consensus classics at best. KRS has four.

Of all KRS' albums, only TWO are considered duds, that's pretty damn impressive considering his huge discog.

As for Pac, people checked for his stuff because he had a lot of posthumous material. Most of it post-Makaveli though was consensusly rated 3.5-4 stars.

KRS beats Pac in terms of discog AND skills IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:12 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
and who considers KRS' albums classic? new york magazines and some homos in new jersey and CT? I mean, who cares about KRS besides y'all (devil's advocate)? and no, bunny, we talkin DISCOG, not HIGHEST highs....so releasing 13 straight aight to shitty albums is not = best discog.


Kris more than doubling Pac's classic totals EASILY....he's straight killing Pac again

Pac has two legit classics IMO Me Against The World and Makaveli, The Seven Day Theory...THAT'S IT...fuck that steriod shit he released with the fat man...he's got 2 Steve...THAT'S IT!

Pac is over fuckin rated man...he ain't even close to the best to ever do it...are you kidding me?? he's the most emotional, no doubt about that but the GOAT...get the fuck outta here...not lyrically...not through his beats...is he a legend?? YES...but the GOAT..hell no..the best discography?? no even fuckin close man...I could name more than a few who have better: EPMD, Gangstarr, Run-D.M.C., Scarface, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, I mean all of these cats are beating Pac discography wise and easily too...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:13 pm

show me where they got those ratings KJ. please, please, please show me. and then go look at the review thread, which you have conveniently ignored.


and yeah, people checked for his albums 11 YEARS after his death because, well, it was there. might as well buy a million copies, right?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 9:16 pm

D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
and who considers KRS' albums classic? new york magazines and some homos in new jersey and CT? I mean, who cares about KRS besides y'all (devil's advocate)? and no, bunny, we talkin DISCOG, not HIGHEST highs....so releasing 13 straight aight to shitty albums is not = best discog.


Kris more than doubling Pac's classic totals EASILY....he's straight killing Pac again

Pac has two legit classics IMO Me Against The World and Makaveli, The Seven Day Theory...THAT'S IT...fuck that steriod shit he released with the fat man...he's got 2 Steve...THAT'S IT!

Pac is over fuckin rated man...he ain't even close to the best to ever do it...are you kidding me?? he's the most emotional, no doubt about that but the GOAT...get the fuck outta here...not lyrically...not through his beats...is he a legend?? YES...but the GOAT..hell no..the best discography?? no even fuckin close man...I could name more than a few who have better: EPMD, Gangstarr, Run-D.M.C., Scarface, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, I mean all of these cats are beating Pac discography wise and easily too...


Powell, KRS has 3 GOLD albums. No Platinum albums. No Platinum singles. I'm waiting for the "he never sold out baby bubba...NYC NYC NYC LMAO LMAO LMOA GOLDEN AGE" response. But, tell me. Who from then, who was dope, did NOT release a platinum album. Look, look, look...IT WAS KRS! NOBODY feels KRS like a few of you old timers (bunny, KRS sold 8,000 copies, 2pac could shit on your face, which he may have already done, on a mexican street corner and sell that in an hour, 13 years after his death.) You are imagining shit, and trying to make yourself feel better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   

Back to top Go down
 
Who has the best discog of all time?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» First time On CD Black Bach - Lamont Dozier '74
» Slow time musically......
» For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage
» First Time Out on DVD: Miles Davis Live 1973 Stockholm
» Long Time Classics Vol. 1 by Pow Pow Movements (45 Studio 1 & Treasure Isle Classics!)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: