Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who has the best discog of all time?

Go down 
+11
gametheory91
Deanie O'Banion
Alan
Z-membu
Laced With Slang
Norfeest
Jason
Shaun
D.Powell
parker lewis
T. Myers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:16 pm

Pac wins over KRS for me discog wise but I can see objectively how KRS wins with others. But Pac has 3 albums that more worldwide hold nearer and dearer imo. I would put money on it that you are more than likely to hear someone bumpin All Eyes On Me before Ghetto Music or Return Of...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:18 pm

Anybody but a PAC HATER would recognize that. I'm not a huge Biggie fan, but am I going to deny his impact on NYC, or the fact that 99% of dudes know his shit more than 99% of rap? No, no I'm not. I can be objective at the same time, something the NYC (well, CT and NJ) dinosaurs cannot be.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:21 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
and who considers KRS' albums classic? new york magazines and some homos in new jersey and CT? I mean, who cares about KRS besides y'all (devil's advocate)? and no, bunny, we talkin DISCOG, not HIGHEST highs....so releasing 13 straight aight to shitty albums is not = best discog.

Kris more than doubling Pac's classic totals EASILY....he's straight killing Pac again

Pac has two legit classics IMO Me Against The World and Makaveli, The Seven Day Theory...THAT'S IT...fuck that steriod shit he released with the fat man...he's got 2 Steve...THAT'S IT!

Pac is over fuckin rated man...he ain't even close to the best to ever do it...are you kidding me?? he's the most emotional, no doubt about that but the GOAT...get the fuck outta here...not lyrically...not through his beats...is he a legend?? YES...but the GOAT..hell no..the best discography?? no even fuckin close man...I could name more than a few who have better: EPMD, Gangstarr, Run-D.M.C., Scarface, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, I mean all of these cats are beating Pac discography wise and easily too...

Powell, KRS has 3 GOLD albums. No Platinum albums. No Platinum singles. I'm waiting for the "he never sold out baby bubba...NYC NYC NYC LMAO LMAO LMOA GOLDEN AGE" response. But, tell me. Who from then, who was dope, did NOT release a platinum album. Look, look, look...IT WAS KRS! NOBODY feels KRS like a few of you old timers (bunny, KRS sold 8,000 copies, 2pac could shit on your face, which he may have already done, on a mexican street corner and sell that in an hour, 13 years after his death.) You are imagining shit, and trying to make yourself feel better.

Steve is Illmatic considered an all-time classic?? did it sell platinum?? you always talk about sales...why man?? who gives a fuck?? how much did Nations sell man?? PE has a better discography than Pac too by the way...sales don't mean much to ART my dude learn that okay...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:24 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Pac wins over KRS for me discog wise but I can see objectively how KRS wins with others. But Pac has 3 albums that more worldwide hold nearer and dearer imo. I would put money on it that you are more than likely to hear someone bumpin All Eyes On Me before Ghetto Music or Return Of...

that doesn't mean it is a better album Kev (which it's NOT by the way)...right now people are BUMPING T-Pain right?? nuff said my dude...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

I'm not denying Pac's impact, or the fact that he was great. I just don't think he has the best discog, nor do I think he's the GOAT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:26 pm

D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
and who considers KRS' albums classic? new york magazines and some homos in new jersey and CT? I mean, who cares about KRS besides y'all (devil's advocate)? and no, bunny, we talkin DISCOG, not HIGHEST highs....so releasing 13 straight aight to shitty albums is not = best discog.

Kris more than doubling Pac's classic totals EASILY....he's straight killing Pac again

Pac has two legit classics IMO Me Against The World and Makaveli, The Seven Day Theory...THAT'S IT...fuck that steriod shit he released with the fat man...he's got 2 Steve...THAT'S IT!

Pac is over fuckin rated man...he ain't even close to the best to ever do it...are you kidding me?? he's the most emotional, no doubt about that but the GOAT...get the fuck outta here...not lyrically...not through his beats...is he a legend?? YES...but the GOAT..hell no..the best discography?? no even fuckin close man...I could name more than a few who have better: EPMD, Gangstarr, Run-D.M.C., Scarface, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, I mean all of these cats are beating Pac discography wise and easily too...

LOL, Illmatic is PLATINUM you fucking moron
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:28 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

it didn't sell that in 1994 fuck head...this went Plat over time....and it's better than ANYTHING Pac ever made in his life...IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:31 pm

D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

it didn't sell that in 1994 fuck head...this went Plat over time....and it's better than ANYTHING Pac ever made in his life...IMO

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:31 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illmatic

the PROOF is in the wiki dickhead...read it and learn dumbass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:34 pm

shit powell, one thing first, ill edit wiki for u right now, read what it says now:

"ILLMATIC IS TRASH IT S**KS WORST ALBUM EVER POWELL K**L YOURSELF KJ F**KS FAT B**CHES!!!! Upon its release, Illmatic exhibited some commercial success, as it debuted on the Billboard 200 chart at number 12 and sold 59,000 copies in its first week of release. However, the album's initial sales fell below expectations and its five singles failed to achieve any significant chart success. In spite of initial low sales, Illmatic received positive reviews from several music critics and publications. On January 17, 1996, the album was certified gold in sales by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and in 2001, it earned platinum certification after sales in excess of 1 million copies in the United States.
Since its initial critical response, writers and critics have recognized Illmatic as one of the quintessential hip hop recordings of the 1990s. It has also been recognized as a landmark album in East Coast hip hop, as it contributed to the scene's artistic renaissance in New York, while marking an influential, stylistic change in hip hop music at the time. Illmatic has earned high rankings on many publications' "best album" lists, and it has been recognized by critics as one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time. In 2003, the album was ranked number 400 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time."

so suck a dick, bitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:39 pm

Anyway, let's get to the root of all this. We are NOT debating quality, now. We are not debating anything not popularity, hip-hop standing, and consensus classic standing. Why did face fail to outsell several pac albums over his whole career (like krs, gang starr, and any nyc rapper)?????? are there more people on the west coast than east? are they richer? (please answer yes to either question, i dare you). No, the answer is, because they did not have consensus classics, they still dont, and they never will
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Jason wrote:
I think the use of "classic" here is kind of liberal.

I'm not co-signing this bullshit until Jason shows us where it's being used "liberally"?

I mean no one has yet mentioned that Silver Jews had anything remotely close to anything classic, so show me Jase how it's being used "liberally"???

I mean we are talking about classic albums with both KRS-One and 'Face....both of whom have multiple classic records...not seeing the "liberal use" man....

When people are talking about 3 or 4 posthumous Pac albums being classic, and KRS-One having 6-7 classic albums, the word is being used too liberally.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who has the best discog of all time?   Who has the best discog of all time? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:45 pm

You know who you remind me of Steven? your like the Mad Rapper man, but the fake one