Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Basketball

Go down 
+9
Esco
Laced With Slang
Norfeest
Shaun
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Dwight
T. Myers
ACRID"
Funk Seoul Brother
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:44 pm

For all you roundball fans I created a basketball league.

Go here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

League ID#: 170989
Password: hiphop

Draft time is subject to change.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:54 pm

You're a shady guy - don't know if I want you as my commish
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:55 pm

You can have commish if you want....
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:57 pm

No, I'm even shadier - but I was just kidding of course. I will sign up soon to try and redeem myself. I played Fantasy Basketball once and I suck... even more than in football.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

Oh ok. Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet lol.

Fantasy b-ball is crazy man. Got so many peeps to keep track of and whatnot. I like it more than FFB.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 3:55 pm

i'm in.........................first timer for fant.football...and im having a blast.......
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 4:02 pm

I'm in, but i do have a question. Is scoring based on averages for a scoring period, or total points for the scoring period?
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 4:03 pm

Never played before, but I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 4:24 pm

Just signed up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:09 pm

The only time I've done fantasy basketball was a couple of years ago on ESPN. I have a feeling this isn't the same format... but I'm in
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:26 pm

Shaun wrote:
The only time I've done fantasy basketball was a couple of years ago on ESPN. I have a feeling this isn't the same format... but I'm in

Yeah, I'm a regular over on ESPN FBB. I play FBB all the time when the season comes around, so I'm signing up right now...

Co-sign Acrid too. My first shot at FFB and I'm lovin' it. Great idea, Cise (hilarious avatar too, homeskillet).

I wonder what fantasy baseball is like...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I'm in, but i do have a question. Is scoring based on averages for a scoring period, or total points for the scoring period?

in all the leagues ive been scoring has usually been based on 9 categories (the commissioner can add and subtract more if he wants), but the basic categories are Points, FG%, FT%, Steals, Rebounds, Assists, Turnovers, Blocks, and 3-Pointers made. Every week you play a different person (just like in football) and whoever wins the most categories for that week gets the Win. So for example, if i played you i might win 5 of the 9 categories so i would win 5-4 and i would be 5-4 and you would be 4-5 in the win/loss column.

There's other ways to do the scoring but thats the way ive done it in the past.

im in by the way
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:30 pm

yeah, i've always done H2H, but FG% and FT% were never counted.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:33 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Yeah, I'm a regular over on ESPN FBB. I play FBB all the time when the season comes around, so I'm signing up right now...

Co-sign Acrid too. My first shot at FFB and I'm lovin' it. Great idea, Cise (hilarious avatar too, homeskillet).

I love fantasy baseball the most, but it depends on how much you enjoy the micro management.

I prefer fantasy baseball with a daily roster setting. Even in deep leagues, in baseball I find there to be more opportunities to find sleepers through out the season, replace injured or bust players, etc. etc. Rookies get called up from the minor leagues, journeymen have career years, etc. We have room for disabled lists, etc.

I've enjoyed Football so far, but it feels almost like a bad draft or one injured player can ruin your whole season, where as in baseball it feels like you can still make up for those things.

Basketball feels somewhere between the two. I like the daily line ups, but there seems to be even a smaller pool of players who have value there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:37 pm

I like Fantasy Baseball too. I may like it a little more than fantasy basketball. Fantasy Hockey is my least favorite. By round 15, I'm drafting Russians i've never heard of.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:50 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I love fantasy baseball the most, but it depends on how much you enjoy the micro management.

I prefer fantasy baseball with a daily roster setting. Even in deep leagues, in baseball I find there to be more opportunities to find sleepers through out the season, replace injured or bust players, etc. etc. Rookies get called up from the minor leagues, journeymen have career years, etc. We have room for disabled lists, etc.

I've enjoyed Football so far, but it feels almost like a bad draft or one injured player can ruin your whole season, where as in baseball it feels like you can still make up for those things.

Basketball feels somewhere between the two. I like the daily line ups, but there seems to be even a smaller pool of players who have value there.

I like fantasy football the best. Every game means something.

That's not true about one player ruining your season, because under the radar guys emerge just about every week during the regular season, so you always have a chance to bounce back. I won a league in 2004 after a 1-4 start because I picked up guys from the free agent pool that boosted me up bigtime.

Also, sometimes players get off to slow start but then bounce back. I've seen it all in FF.

I'm down to join the basketball league though, haven't played fantasy basketball in ages.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

Yeah this league will be the standard 9 category H2H. Slang accurately described the matchup format. Just need to win in 5 cats to win each week.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:40 pm

now this I can get into.. I'm in
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:48 pm

Thanks to all for joining. Wasn't sure this would go over well. The thing about fantasy basketball is that you will end up knowing the entire depth chart of every team. I was in a 16 team league last year and you'd be surprised how deep the talent pool is. I hope this league can get that large. If we can't get enough people I can merge this league with my other one....
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:10 pm

i'll sign up tonight.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:06 pm

Just signed up. This is my first foray into fantasy sports so I'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:12 pm

Well you have good taste in teams kid... so you'lle be good.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:18 pm

Dwyane Wade is mine you bastards
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:21 pm

Jason Terry, Franklin High School represent!
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 1:31 am

Esco wrote:
damn dude you shouldn't have revealed your 1st round pick so early. Now I'm gonna pick him before you just to be a dick.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 1:52 am

I'm in. Go Tics, fuck the Lake show.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 10:23 am

Illmatic1991 wrote:
Esco wrote:
damn dude you shouldn't have revealed your 1st round pick so early. Now I'm gonna pick him before you just to be a dick.

Way to be a douche....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 10:25 am

There is no guarantee either of you get anyone you want...smh
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
There is no guarantee either of you get anyone you want...smh
I'm just messing with him I'm not interested in D-Wade. I guarantee somebody else is though.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 8:35 pm

I figured....he's a top 3 player for the record.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 5:24 pm

3 more spots left...
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 5:31 pm

damn, this league is gonna be deeper than whale blowhole.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 5:51 pm

Nah dude 16 teams isn't bad for basketball. I did 16 last year and ended up with plenty of good players.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 7:02 pm

Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

Sweet 2 more spots...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:10 pm

I'll join right now.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:34 pm

Nice J. I see your team name is the unlucky one I used last year. Finished 3rd in both leagues in which I had the name. Random...

One more spot yall....
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:59 pm

I'll join again... it will help me make one super stacked team. Let me just make another yahoo account.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 10:21 pm

I won a championship last year as the Harlem Knights but a 10 team league is the most that I have ever been in. This will definitely be a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 11:56 pm

Don't be intimidated by the size of the league. I've done small leagues as well. Big leagues are awesome because everyone grobbles for players in the free agent pool. If you can unearth a few talents will succeed.

And don't create another account srp lol.

Also who is Blacktop Ballas? Norf?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 5:50 pm

Still one more spot left. If there is anyone that signed up that isn't going to commit to taking it seriously please leave. Don't be like Kev who signed up and then never check his team.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 8:38 pm

I will sign up. Then we'll have a full league.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:28 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
I will sign up. Then we'll have a full league.

Nah man, that wouldn't be fair for you to have two teams.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:34 pm

I haven't signed up yet though... Sad
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 5:17 pm

Still stuck at 15. I'll get another person if someone doesn't sign up by Wednesday or so.

I repeat if anyone doesn't want to commit please delete your team and make yourself scarce.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 10:29 am

Acrid and Tran were the last ones to join. We are set and the draft is tonight at 7PM EST.

Just a reminder.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 11:29 am

how many slots are vacant?

i can talk to my brother about joining,,,,get back
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 11:54 am

There are no more open spots. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 12:37 pm

its cool...just saying i could (have) talked to my bretheren if needed...

..lets do this!!!!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 12:38 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
I'm in. Go Tics, fuck the Lake show.

damn homie...doing cali dirty..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball   Fantasy Basketball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next