Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow

Go down 
+4
Cory
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Empty
PostSubject: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 6:45 pm

Man I was always under the assumption this album stunk! This may be missing that WU sound but its still a banger. So many heads say they ain't feeling this. How would you rate this album?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 6:59 pm

I dig this album a lot. I think you have this album confused with The Prequel. The Prequel was universallt panned.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 7:26 pm

Trotter I said this on the amazon forum. But yeah it's a dope album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 7:53 pm

It was a decent album, not great but not bad either. Other than Tical, this is the only Meth solo worth spinning though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 8:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
It was a decent album, not great but not bad either. Other than Tical, this is the only Meth solo worth spinning though.

Shaking My Head What's wrong with Tical 2000?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 9:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It sucked ass
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 9:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It sucked ass

No, no it does not. You suck ass.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 10:03 pm

yeah i heard KJ sucked ass as well. lol jk. i thought this album was decent, maybe around that 3.5 star area. Some bad tracks, some good and a few great. i agree other then tical i dont bump any of method mans music. Tical 0: The Prequel was terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 11:00 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Co-sign...I got it at 3.5 also.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 11:47 pm

waaaay too many people hate on Tical 2000, honestly that album has tons of bangers on it and lyrically Meth was ripping shit on that. The biggest problem was the length and the excessive skits but i made a playlist taking out all the unneeded skits and its actually a pretty dope album to listen to.

4:21 is also pretty good but the sound is very inconsistent imo, still a ton of bangers on it
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 12:19 am

and KJ how are songs like Perfect World, Sweet Love, Shaolin What, Suspect Chin Music, Spazzola, Play IV Keeps, Dangerous Grounds, and Judgement Day bad?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 4:20 am

T-2000 is dope. But I say 421 is still Meth's 3rd best album
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 10:00 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
T-2000 is dope. But I say 421 is still Meth's 3rd best album

whats his 2nd best to you? dont say the Prequel that was terrible
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 10:31 am

I would actually rank Tical 2000 and 4:21 both at just under 4 stars. They both suffer from the same maladies.

Too much filler and a lack of cohesion. Where they hit, they both hit hard.

Some of my favorite Meth tracks are on Tical 2000. I think a lot of hate for that album is a result of the time period it dropped.

It really couldn't compare with so many releases of the mid to late 90s.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 12:03 am

I agree with T. Myers. Tical 2000 was classic material to me. He kept it grimy all the way through. I think some people knock it because of those stupid skits w/ celebrities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 6:45 am

I really liked T2000. In fact, I bumped it recently. I've heard nothing but trash regarding 4:21 tho, so I never checked for it. I guess it's time to dig it up and do some homework.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 10:25 am

"I really liked T2000. In fact, I bumped it recently. I've heard nothing but trash regarding 4:21 tho, so I never checked for it. I guess it's time to dig it up and do some homework."

You'll be really surprised at the album. It was really good IMO, and I consider that 3rd ranking behind Tical and Tical 2000. There are some out of place tracks on the album (the one with Ginuwine obviously), but the album was well put together. I think it went gold too back in '06. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 5:39 pm

a.scott wrote:
I really liked T2000. In fact, I bumped it recently. I've heard nothing but trash regarding 4:21 tho, so I never checked for it. I guess it's time to dig it up and do some homework.

Me too. Now I know The Prequel was gabage, especially when it was co=produced by P.Diddy.
Ratio of good/bad solo albums from the clan

Method Man Abums 3/4
Ghostface Killah is 7/7
Reakwon 2/4
Rza 3/4
MastaKilla 1/2
UGOD 2/4
Inspectah Deck 1/3
GZA 3/4 (not counting the soul assasin's album)
ODB 1/2

Wu-Tang 5/6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 5:48 pm

GZA never put out anything wack IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 5:51 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It sucked ass

Nope, you're a Meth fanboy. It's crazy how you praise this album yet you're down on OB4CL2.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 5:52 pm

Hey, take Immbolarity off the list. That album had a dope concept. Just because it wasn't produced by RZA doesn't mean it was whack. The storytelling was off the hook.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 6:06 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Hey, take Immbolarity off the list. That album had a dope concept. Just because it wasn't produced by RZA doesn't mean it was whack. The storytelling was off the hook.

i completely agree, yea the album was disapponting and i used to not like it really but it has grown to like 3.75-4 stars for me. Raekwon was the best hes ever been lyrically on that album

songs like Casablanca, 100 Rounds, Jury, Live from New York, The Table, and Sneakers are classic tracks

every song after Sneakers shouldnt have been included though except maybe Raw
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 6:40 pm

"songs like Casablanca, 100 Rounds, Jury, Live from New York, The Table, and Sneakers are classic tracks"

I'm glad you mentioned that man. Your song picks from that album pretty much matches mine. When the album came out in '99, it got marginal reviews but still sold well. It seems like when one person states they didnt like it, another person will jump on the bandwagon because RZA didn't produce it. It's like most people never even listened to the lyrics, but just downed it because of the production.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 7:31 pm

J. Harris wrote:

Immolarity was trash. Rea tried to go the Swizz Beats direction. Who cares if its produced by Rza or not. And In sorry,Im not feeling GZA's Protools. Its not wack,but weak
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 8:13 pm

GZA-Words from the Genius, was lacking. GZA's only dud IMO.

I liked Tical 2000, too.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 8:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It sucked ass

Nope, you're a Meth fanboy. It's crazy how you praise this album yet you're down on OB4CL2.

A Meth Fanboy? Wrong again my friend. I just know it's not a wack album. Why don't you look at some of the other responses. It appears you're in the minority on this one buddy. I'm also not down on OB4CL2. I gave it 4 stars genius. You're like a woman sometimes when it comes to your selective hearing. Just because i think an album is overrated DOES NOT mean i'm down on or dislike an album. Why is that so hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 8:31 pm

Fans of Tical 2000-T. Myers, Slang, A. Scott, J. Harris, Trotter, Kid Joe, and Cory

Haters of Tical 2000-KJ, and maybe Kev

You do the math big fella.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow   Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Method Man 421 The Day After Tommorrow
Page 1 of 1