Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Esco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 9:45 am

The east coast does NOT have "better content". That's ridiculous. They rap about slanging, biches, etc etc etc same as everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 11:13 am

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
The east coast does NOT have "better content". That's ridiculous. They rap about slanging, biches, etc etc etc same as everybody else.

Your a fool. Listen to Poor Righteoes Teachers or Sunz of Man. Most coast just dwell on the same content it and market it. The East is a beast. No coast is comparible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 6:31 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:

Your a fool. Listen to Poor Righteoes Teachers or Sunz of Man. Most coast just dwell on the same content it and market it. The East is a beast. No coast is comparible

Damn right! Listen to De La Soul or ATCQ. More all time greats have come from the East Coast than anywhere else, and that's a FACT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 6:59 pm

Thats not fact Kool John you cannot stay that with a str8 face...there are greats from all regions trust me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 7:24 pm

Obviously, Kev, but more have come from the East Coast. That is basically a fact, no matter how biased someone is. That being said, the East Coast had a 10 year head start on the other coasts, so it's only natural
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 8:03 pm

Shon wrote:
Obviously, Kev, but more have come from the East Coast. That is basically a fact, no matter how biased someone is. That being said, the East Coast had a 10 year head start on the other coasts, so it's only natural

Shawn is right, Kev. I never said that there weren't greats from other coasts, it's just that the most have come from the East because the East invented hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 11:09 pm

I would say Super Tight, Too Hard To Swallow and then the double album UGK. The double album definitely shouldn't be slept on. There are alot of bangers on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 8:12 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Shon wrote:

Shawn is right, Kev. I never said that there weren't greats from other coasts, it's just that the most have come from the East because the East invented hip-hop.

thats a weak reason to support why the east has the greats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 6:35 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shon wrote:

thats a weak reason to support why the east has the greats.

If you look on the "The East Is A Beast" thread Kev, I expanded on why the East has been the best.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Thu 14 May 2009, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 6:37 pm

That's far from a weak reason. It actually is a very solid and diplomatic reason. People are saying that it is due to longevity and time and not quality as to why there are more greats and to an extent it is true because it takes a long time - ten plus years usually - before you can tell whether an emcee is great and so in 10 years we should have a better idea of who exactly is great out of the new school of emcees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 6:40 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
That's far from a weak reason. It actually is a very solid and diplomatic reason. People are saying that it is due to longevity and time and not quality as to why there are more greats and to an extent it is true because it takes a long time - ten plus years usually - before you can tell whether an emcee is great and so in 10 years we should have a better idea of who exactly is great out of the new school of emcees.

WOW SRP, I'm impressed with how objective you've been on this topic :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 8:00 pm

It's weak because the east was only the primary force for the mid 80's-late 80's when rap was starting to be more mainstream then. The west and south was in full swing during all of the 90's unless you guys forgot. The east layed the blueprint and no one can deny that but that is no excuse for why the east has the "best" artist. That is bias as hell because hip hop was very regional back then and cats were supporting their local sound more than any other coast in the 90's. People in Texas was bumping Geto Boys, UGK, KeKe, Rino, etc. Out west they were on Quik, Eiht, Spice, etc. Midwest had Bone, Breed, Dayton Fam, Common, etc. and I bet money they were great to these regions before any east coast group. So stop speaking like its fact the east coast had the best grps because it's not. No one region had the best grps ever period that isn't possibile because of guess what??...opinions.

Last edited by KRob86 on Thu 14 May 2009, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 10:56 pm

Ill bump 69 boyz all day before I bump some old ass east coast crap. funk how you feel beeeiiiiittttccccchhhh.....thats real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 7:56 pm

69 Boyz are 100% pure GARBAGE! I'd bump Da Youngstas over them. At least Da Youngstas had lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
69 Boyz are 100% pure GARBAGE! I'd bump Da Youngstas over them. At least Da Youngstas had lyrics.

Didn't know anyone else on hear liked Da Youngstas. I'll Make You Famous is so ill!
Speaking of youngins, you ever heard of A+? He released and album at 13 featuring Prodigy,Q-Tip & AZ.. on all the songs that feature them he holds his own against them, pretty good rapper for only 13.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:18 pm

Esco wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Didn't know anyone else on hear liked Da Youngstas. I'll Make You Famous is so ill!
Speaking of youngins, you ever heard of A+? He released and album at 13 featuring Prodigy,Q-Tip & AZ.. on all the songs that feature them he holds his own against them, pretty good rapper for only 13.

Yeah I'll Make You Famous IS ILL!! Do you have the remixed version of that song? If so, tell me where I can get it!

I've also heard of A+, he was pretty good. Chi-Ali was talented as well. Damn shame he screwed his life up though.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:19 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Esco wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Yeah I'll Make You Famous IS ILL!! Do you have the remixed version of that song? If so, tell me where I can get it!

I've also heard of A+, he was pretty good. Chi-Ali was talented as well. Damn shame he screwed his life up though.

Yea man, I actually have the remix on my Ipod.. ill upload it for you in about 1/2 hour, got some crap to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:44 pm

Thanks man, I'd appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Thanks man, I'd appreciate that.
There ya go

LINKS NOT ALLOWED! SORRY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"   UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UGK - Where to go after "Ridin' Dirty"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2