Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better with time

Go down 
+3
Alan
Half
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:05 pm

Who are some artists (solo and groups) you feel has certainly gotten better after their first album? Also, who, in your opinion, made an album (or albums) that was better than their debut?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:09 pm

I think Masta Ace got better with time, but i do love Take A Look Around. UGK got better with time too.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I think Masta Ace got better with time, but i do love Take A Look Around. UGK got better with time too.

Masta Ace is a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:18 pm

Masta Ace, Canibus, K-Rino, Vakill(arguably), MF Doom (not D00M)
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:43 pm

UGK definitely got better with time. I'd say T.I. and Joe Budden have as well.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
UGK definitely got better with time. I'd say T.I. and Joe Budden have as well.

I cosign on Joe Budden.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:48 pm

Public Enemy, BDP, The Coup, Paris...just to name a few.

IMO, Masta Ace hit is lyrical peak on his debut. However, he's easily one of the most consistent artists in hip-hop. So I could see why people would say he got better....just not lyrically IMO.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 3:51 pm

Alan wrote:
Public Enemy, BDP, The Coup, Paris...just to name a few.

IMO, Masta Ace hit is lyrical peak on his debut. However, he's easily one of the most consistent artists in hip-hop. So I could see why people would say he got better....just not lyrically IMO.

Public Enemy is one group who's second album was clearly better than the first. Yo! Bumrush The Show will always be a classic, but It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back is the superior of the two albums.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

K Rino is the easiest choice imo, lyrically and album wise he's at the top of his game. Nas is another imo who got betta lyrically, discog, and flow wise with time.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:06 pm

Oh and add Face as well.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:07 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Oh and add Face as well.

On which album do you think Face was starting to get better?
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:11 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Oh and add Face as well.

Either The Diary or Untouchable and Resurrection. On all those albums lyrically, subject matter wise, and flow wise he got betta imo.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Oh and add Face as well.

Either The Diary or Untouchable and Resurrection. On all those albums lyrically, subject matter wise, and flow wise he got betta imo.

I'd go with The Diary. By the way KRob, what's your rating for The Untouchable?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:17 pm

K-Rino, Masta Ace, and Scarface are the first three I think of when asked who is still as good as they were when they came out, or better.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:26 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Oh and add Face as well.

Its a personal classic for and my 2nd fav Face album...I got it at a 4.5-4.75 objectively.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:27 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Oh and add Face as well.

Its a personal classic for and my 2nd fav Face album...I got it at a 4.5-4.75 objectively.

I can respect that rating. I like it a lot also. It's probably my second or third favorite Face album.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 5:38 pm

I've always thought Face to be dope. I don't think he really changed much lyrically over the years. The production on his albums has gotten better, but he's always been a pretty dope lyricist.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 6:31 pm

Reasonable Doubt gets better with time. That album is the definition of timeless.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 6:53 pm

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:10 pm

The three that come to mind are:

Steady B
Above the Law
Kool Moe Dee
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:50 pm

Steady B's first two were better than his third album. How Ya Like Me Now was certainly the peak of Moe Dee's skills.

I always liked BAD more than Radio. By a long shot.

Whether you prefer ATLiens or Aquemeni, they're both better than Southernplaya..., which is dope in it's own rite.

I think most people would agree that MATW was Pac's masterpiece.

Dre and Cube both did their best work after going solo. Some would say Eazy, too. Again, these guys started out at the top, but just happened to get even better.

JMT's second album was better than their first. I happen to like Legacy of Blood the most.

El-P put out his best work (arguably) with I'll Sleep...

Ill Bill just keeps getting better.
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:52 pm

RA The Rugged Man has definitely improved

Royce keeps improving as well
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:

fuck you
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 11:26 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

fuck you

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:39 am

I would say Sean Price has gotten better with time. Even though Nocturnal is the best album he has been involved with IMO. I thought Rock would have been the one to blow up. Sean P never really stood out to me until Monkey Barz but he has been a standout since
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Better with time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better with time   Better with time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better with time
Page 1 of 1