Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Empty
PostSubject: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 2:31 pm

So who is down with the Big Bad Ass?

I was listening to TWDY yesterday and even in 2000 the man was laying down some dope funk.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 2:35 pm

I only own 2 of his cd's, but the majority of his beats i've heard have been dope. he's definitely underrated
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 2:36 pm

Ant Banks was a great producer. He produced some classic west coast tracks and his solo albums were bangin as well. My favorite is "Big Bad Ass" but "Sittin on Something Phat" and Do or Die is dope too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 3:08 pm

Oh Yeah Ant Banks would make my top 15-20 fav producers. The man put a lot of that funk behind Spice 1 and Too Short. I have only owned one of his solo albums but I have his greatest hits cd. On the mic he has never been that good so I stayed away from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 3:18 pm

He's not the best rapper, but I don't think he's so bad to the point his music is unenjoyable, plus he always has the dopest guest rappers on his solos. So the production makes everything enjoyable IMO.

I mean Dre is a so so rapper... diddy is down right horrible, etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:55 pm

The first TWDY album is indeed incredibly well produced. I still don't like the second one though.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 7:37 pm

Top 5 producer for me, need some new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!   Ant Banks - Underrated Producer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ant Banks - Underrated Producer!
Page 1 of 1