Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scarface

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 9:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 10:18 pm

i heard about this...hopefully this leads to another album
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 10:22 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i heard about this...hopefully this leads to another album

I hope it leads to another album too.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 10:35 pm

or it is another album. I don't even know what a mixtape is nowadays. So if this is just a "street" album I will take it.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 10:58 pm

I never get excited about mixtapes not even from my GOAT. And Dopeman Music as a title is cool for a 22 year old Face but not for a late 30's Face. I'll see how this unfolds.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 1:09 am

KRob86 wrote:
I never get excited about mixtapes not even from my GOAT. And Dopeman Music as a title is cool for a 22 year old Face but not for a late 30's Face. I'll see how this unfolds.

Who cares what it's called as long as it's dope. Face has always rhymed about street life so why should he change?
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 1:15 am

Kev's been on a hating kick lately...hopefully it passes soon.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 12:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:

i agree, i dont rate mixtapes or anything like that, ill listen to em but albums are what i most look for
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 12:59 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

i agree, i dont rate mixtapes or anything like that, ill listen to em but albums are what i most look for

I cosign.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 1:00 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

I don't get excited about mixtapes either. But the news here is that Face is coming out of his "so-called" retirement so that's why this story makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 1:04 pm

^ same
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 2:49 pm

smh, is this the day that people decide to make asinine comment in unison? The line between mixtapes and albums gets thinner everyday. Z-Ro's Cocaine is just a retail version of a mixtape, and it was one of last years best. Mood Muzik 1-3 are mixtape type albums, and they are dope. The Green Lantern albums with Styles P and Dead Prez were billed as mixtapes, and they are still solid. If it's all new material with all new production why does it matter if it's called a mixtape or an album?

Also, making an issue out of the title of an album/mixtape is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 2:50 pm

^ yea but this Scarface mixtape could just as easily be half new beats and half Face rapping over other beats, we dont know yet
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 2:54 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ yea but this Scarface mixtape could just as easily be half new beats and half Face rapping over other beats, we dont know yet

I agree. I was just saying that being referred to as a mixtape shouldn't make a difference.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 2:58 pm

Slang only likes to diffrentiate when it's artists he's not hot for. Styles P was an album, but this Scarface MIXTAPE will be wack because he said so. Clearly.
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:
smh, is this the day that people decide to make asinine comment in unison? The line between mixtapes and albums gets thinner everyday. Z-Ro's Cocaine is just a retail version of a mixtape, and it was one of last years best. Mood Muzik 1-3 are mixtape type albums, and they are dope. The Green Lantern albums with Styles P and Dead Prez were billed as mixtapes, and they are still solid. If it's all new material with all new production why does it matter if it's called a mixtape or an album?

Also, making an issue out of the title of an album/mixtape is stupid.

Cosign exactly. You guys who don't peep "mixtapes" are missing out on albums full of nothing but original music and dope music.

Plus, Scarface made albums called "The Fix" and "Made" into dope mature shit... so this should be no different.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:19 pm

i peep mixtapes just not as often...

and this will most likely be a dope mixtape i just hope its all new material, beats, etc.

and N3ro, you know theres a difference between types of mixtapes

and i never said this will be wack i said im looking forward to it and looking forward to hopefully another studio album
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:24 pm

I wasn't that excited about The Fix as a album title either for the record. And I still have yet to see anyone put the work in on a mixtape that they do an album.

Making an issue out the name of an album is an issue when an album as a dope or unique title it stand out. I'm willing to put money that some titles of albums have kept all of you from buying at least one album. So can that horse shit.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:27 pm

my main gripe with mixtapes is that i feel most rappers save the money to buy better beats for their actual studio albums, and sometimes mixtapes can suffer from production since a lot of no names have a higher chance of producing on them

im still gonna check for this, i was just saying mixtapes in general like Kev said get less work put into them than albums
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:29 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I wasn't that excited about The Fix as a album title either for the record. And I still have yet to see anyone put the work in on a mixtape that they do an album.

Making an issue out the name of an album is an issue when an album as a dope or unique title it stand out. I'm willing to put money that some titles of albums have kept all of you from buying at least one album. So can that horse shit.

The album title or cover does not prevent or persuade me to make the purchase. Try again!
Back to top Go down

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 6:24 pm

Artists that put "that type of work in" for a mixtape:

Jelly Roll
Kutt Calhoun
Lil Wayne
TI
Royce Da 5'9"
Joe Buddens
Ras Kass
Chino XL
Chamillionaire

do I need to keep going? What makes you think Scarface is any different? What a mixtape is in the south vs. what East Coast heads think of when they hear "mixtape" are two totally different things, also. And Slang, I was just giving you shit because on the surface it does seem a little bullshitty, but I know that generally you don't just hate on shit. It's no Biggie like Jay-Z.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scarface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarface   Scarface Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarface
Page 1 of 1