Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 3 albums this year

Go down 
+9
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
E. Taylor
Myestro
ctrx
yOGi420™
D.Powell
parker lewis
Shaun
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Top 3 albums this year Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:07 pm

Got a 40$ card to a local shop for my birthday. I have 100 Proof, Stimulus Package, and DAAM. What should I get?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

SCFB, Killah Priest, Strong Arm Steady
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Sir Lucious Left Foot
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Uni5
War Report 2
Recovery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:16 pm

Distant Relatives
Recovery
Sir Lucious Left Foot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:24 pm

Shaun wrote:
Got a 40$ card to a local shop for my birthday. I have 100 Proof, Stimulus Package, and DAAM. What should I get?

Distant Relatives, Sir Lucious Left Foot, and How I Got Over.

That's my personal Top 3, get those.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

cosign ADIDAS...you'll like it

I think you'd dig the KP, too.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:45 pm

Distant Relatives

War Report 2

How I Got Over

Honorable Mention:

Fat "Damn" Joe-Darkside Vol 1 (a slept-on joint) I've got it at 4.25 stars which is the best rating I've given any Joe album in maybe 10 years or so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:47 pm

Powell, check out Dinner & A Movie by Brotha Lynch Hung. I honestly think you'll dig it. It's better than War Report 2 and Darkside IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:51 pm

alright man, that one is on order next week then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:53 pm

DO NOT ORDER IT POWELLL!!!! If you really want it, please buy mine. It's only been listened to 1/2 of a time. It's all horrorcore psycho serial killer creepy shit man. But if you still wanna buy it, please buy my copy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:54 pm

Steve wrote:
DO NOT ORDER IT POWELLL!!!! If you really want it, please buy mine. It's only been listened to 1/2 of a time. It's all horrorcore psycho serial killer creepy shit man. But if you still wanna buy it, please buy my copy.

I'm surprised you didn't like it Steve, I would have thought it'd be right up your alley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:57 pm

Oh, it's a great album, I just can't do the whole killer shit man. I would give it a 4.5 or higher if you like that stuff. Personally it's a 0 i.e. never listen to again. Excellently produced, definitely his most cohesive and best album, and a great concept album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:57 pm

wow....it's that bad huh Steve?? yeah I probably wouldn't be interested in some shit like that on a hip-hop album, for that I would go and watch The Strangers on DVD...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:04 pm

D.Powell wrote:
wow....it's that bad huh Steve?? yeah I probably wouldn't be interested in some shit like that on a hip-hop album, for that I would go and watch The Strangers on DVD...lol

Personally, I didn't think I'd like it either but everyone here and their mother kept telling me to peep it, so I downloaded it and was like "Damn, this dude can spit". Yeah, BLH is crazy but he's hella lyrical has a dope flow, and the album is well produced.

After listening to this album, I ordered it along with Season Of Da Sicness (his debut) and that one is a classic IMO.

I'm not sure if you'll like it quite as much as I do, but at the very least you won't be mad that you bought it.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:03 pm

I give to lynch on this one too. In my top 5 for the year as well. I don't usually like any twisted type of shit either but lynch has always been on my list of artists I look forward to the new release of. His style is so dope and is very lyrical. The album tracks all flow together too. It's a definite must have in my book. You'd probably not be interested in my other choices for top 5 but I think that the lynch is something most like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:54 pm

I would go with SCFB, Lynch and 60 Sec Ass but they might not be your style i don't know

You would be safe with Big Boi, The Roots and Nas. They are all dope. If you don't like Damian Marley i would grab Statik Selektah instead

Haven't recieved Killah Priest and Ras Kass yet but i've heard good things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:01 pm

Bone Thugs Uni5
Nas & Dam- Distant Relatives
Eminem- Recovery
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:17 pm

Shaun wrote:

smh. Thanks for the responses, though. I'm definitely gonna grab Distant Relatives; heard it a few times at my friend's house, but didn't really pay attention. It sounded dope. I've heard nothing but good things about the Killah Priest, and I'm thinking about AOTP and Big Boi.

To everyone who said SCFB, the store probably wouldn't have it. And, I'm gonna need to listen to a few tracks from it before I decide if I want to buy or not. I heard a couple songs by them back when Trotter was on their sack, and I wasn't too impressed.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:46 pm

Big Boi, Brotha Lynch, and either Nappy Roots' "The Pursuit of Nappyness" or yU's "Before Taxes"
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

Pre-order Q-Unique.

And yeah, I agree with A.D.I.D.A.S.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

I love the Yu pick even though I don't think it makes top 3. My top 3 of the year would be:

"Stimulus Package"-but you already have it.
"Distant Relatives"-The best crossover hip hop album ever IMO.
"Sir Lucious Left Foot"-nothing surprising here. Just Big Boi doing his thing

Some others:

BLH "Dinner & A Movie"-Dope album. I'm not in to horrorcore either but I love this album.
The Roots "How I got Over"-Any Roots fan has to like this release.
Vinnie Paz "Season Of The Assasin"-If you can get past his voice, it's a great album.
Strong Arm Steady "Stoney Jackson"-Smooth ass album. Madlib definitely came thru here.

Some dark horses:

Cognito "Automatic"-Some simply ridiculous tracks here.
Eminem "Recovery"-He's working on being completely "back".
Yu "Before Taxes"-Great album, not many weak points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I love the Yu pick even though I don't think it makes top 3. My top 3 of the year would be:

Some others:

BLH "Dinner & A Movie"-Dope album. I'm not in to horrorcore either but I love this album.
Vinnie Paz "Season Of The Assasin"-If you can get past his voice, it's a great album.
Strong Arm Steady "Stoney Jackson"-Smooth ass album. Madlib definitely came thru here.

Some dark horses:

E. Taylor, my homie, still reppin Cognito. You peep Recognition yet? I think it's less than $5 shipped on Amazon and almost as good as Automatic.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm

Nah, haven't peeped it yet. My funds are on freeze right now with starting a new job and having a new addition to the family. Hope to be able to start making a few more purchases when "Kill Devil Hills" comes out.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:55 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

Some others:

Some dark horses:

WOW!! someone else here likes the cognito album... that shit is dope. thought it was passed over by HH4L... good shit taylor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Goddammit, I was the one rec'ing it to everybody...
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

Shaking My Head jeff.... i believe i put that one out there for erry1 to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:57 pm

Lol...nevermind, yOGi420™
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

All good homie
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:12 am

Definitely get Cape Verde its beyond anything out right now
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:13 am

Alright. If they have Cape Verde, I will get it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:23 am

the fact that you dnt have the big boi album digusts me , get that shit NOW
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:55 am

Lol, I don't have anything from this year. I've been survivng on small poker games for the past 4 months
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:13 pm

DL'n cape verde to see wut the hype is about... hope it don't disappoint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
DL'n cape verde to see wut the hype is about... hope it don't disappoint.

I will be shocked if you get past Reggie Miller. Godspeed, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:17 pm

I sampled SCFB. That's why half you fools don't know how to rec shit. Stay in yo lane. SCFB is not good. If you gonna rec, rec universal.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:15 pm

Big Boi -Lucious Left Foot
The Roots - How I Got Over
Curren$y - Pilot Talk

I haven't read the rest of this thread but I would be surprised if anyone put the Hot Spitta on there. I just can't take it out of the deck. The beats are sooooooooo dope and he actually sounds better on the mic every time I spin it. Plus, I'm always high so the whole airplane gimmick speaks to me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

Mind ur fuckin business. Don't follow my recs if we don't like the same shit.

I'll tell you what, though...we do basically like the same shit. If you give the album a real try I bet you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:36 pm

Steve wrote:
I sampled SCFB. That's why half you fools don't know how to rec shit. Stay in yo lane. SCFB is not good. If you gonna rec, rec universal.

What do u mean rec universal? Don't rec shit unless you're sure everybody will love it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:04 pm

You will learn everyone's tastes around here if you haven't, i.e. rec me some grimy lyrical east shit, kev some gangsta souf, etc., etc. Don't rec something like SCFB as great everyone will love when it only appeals to fans of a certain sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

i hear ya man but i told shaun that he prob wont dig it and rec'd roots, big boi and nas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:09 pm

my feelings were hurt
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:38 pm

No one ever said everyone would like SCFB.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:38 pm

"I just can't take it out of the deck. The beats are sooooooooo dope and he actually sounds better on the mic every time I spin it. Plus, I'm always high so the whole airplane gimmick speaks to me."

I heard a few tracks off of this, and I was really feelin' it. I'm definitely grabbing it soon.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 6:14 pm

Alright, they didn't have KP or SCFB, and DR, Big Boi, and everything else I really wanted was 15.98 and higher, so I grabbed:

The Roots- How I Got Over (12.98)
Curren$y- Pilot Talk (12.98)
Reflection Eternal- Revolutions Per Minute (Used, 7.99)

And, as a bonus, OC & AG- Oasis (Used, 3.99!!)

Will post thought after.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 6:26 pm

My top 3:

Shad "T.S.O.L."
Wide Eyes "Hands Tied"
PackFM "I Fucking Hate Rappers"
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 6:27 pm

Big Boi
SCFB
Roots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

Mr. Sche - I Am Legend
Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and A Movie
Bun B - Trill OG
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 6:31 pm

Damn, forgot about the PackFM. They might've had it, and I would've got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 7:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Mr. Sche - I Am Legend
Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and A Movie
Bun B - Trill OG

And we thought N$mo's listening tastes were bad...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:13 pm

Steve wrote:

Wow, samples make you just a great critic. In a rap world were only Lil Wayne,Rick Ross,Gucci Mane and Drake can sell records I don't think noone gives a s**t about manstream/underground/universal anymore. Hip Hop has hit the fan. Also were making recs for Shaun. This is a guy who likes Megalon and the Monsta Island Czara. Think about it.
But anywhoo, Cape Verde is mind blowing brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 albums this year   Top 3 albums this year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 3 albums this year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next