Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:07 pm

Yesss Sirrrr! Hope it's a banger!

What do you guys think about his recent comments about the youner generation of west coast rappers? One thing about Cube he bites his tongue for no no. He says ni names but he claims he will say names on the new album and if you trippin your name can be added to the list also..lol.

Peep these articles:

"Last week, Ice Cube angered a few West Coast newcomers after suggesting in his blog that, despite his veteran status in the game, he felt no obligations to help bring up local Los Angeles emcees.

"They ain't on my level," Cube wrote about the new generation of artists. "I don't even remember ever meeting these clowns or even being in the same room with any of 'em. They can't make a name for themselves so they need help from the O.G.'s. I refuse to throw 'em a life line. Fuck 'em. It ain't my job to make nobody famous."

The remarks prompted a Twitter response from Watts rapper Jay Rock, who said he considered himself part of the "New West" that Ice Cube seemed to be referring to. "I ain't never had a problem with Cube or none of the O.G. bunnies," Rock said. "But if [he's referring to] the New West I'm a part of, he talkin [sic] bout all of us [since] he didn't say a name."

This week, likely in response to Jay Rock's Twitter comments, Ice Cube explained where his own remarks came from, and said he hasn't turned his back on young rappers, although he does have reservations about the new generation of emcees.

"Why don't I produce up and coming rappers like I used to? I got burnt out. bunnies couldn't take the baton and run wit [sic] it. I was sick of babysitting grown ass men and walking them through the industry. I felt like Dr. Frankenstein building uncontrollable monsters. How? If you DON'T make 'em a star, they blame you. If you DO make 'em a star, they leave you. I got sick of that ungrateful shit."

Although Cube has not been specific about who he is talking about, he did say he may mention them on his upcoming album I Am The West.

"Now, a lot of people want me to name names. Buy the record. In stores July 13th. I ain't naming names at this time, but I'm adding names. You let me know if you wanna be on the list."

Check this one also

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10858/title.ice-cube-blogs-about-i-am-the-west-mack-10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 12:11 pm

I agree with his stance, thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:37 pm

I hope he comes with some good ish. I haven't loved anything he's done for a while now. Most of his new stuff is solid, but from Cube i don't expect solid, i expect dope ass material. Come on Cube, bring it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:42 pm

Laugh Now, Cry Later was dope IMO.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 1:47 pm

I liked Laugh Now, Cry Later. I just know he can do better. Acting kind of took him away from music for a while. I'm waiting for a new Cube classic. The Predator is the last album that I would consider close to classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:17 am

I'll be in the store for this one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:24 am

Ice Cube needs to shut the fuck up.

He left NWA, he left Mack 10, he left Da Lench Mob, he left Mr. Short Khop, etc etc etc. Show me ONE instance where a protege of Cube's left him of his own volition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:28 am

They all did. You stand up for Bizzy's bullshit but somehow cube is wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:37 am

Again, Bizzy's standpoint was that Bone didn't want to promise him on tour and not have him not show up so he wasn't invited. Not his fault THIS time.

Which has NOTHING to do with Ice Cube and isn't comparable at all.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 11:18 am

Don't forget Ice Cube left Kausion too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 11:36 am

J. Harris wrote:
Don't forget Ice Cube left Kausion too!

And Yo Yo.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:05 pm

I pretty much agree with Cube...

"Why don't I produce up and coming rappers like I used to? I got burnt out. bunnies couldn't take the baton and run wit [sic] it. I was sick of babysitting grown ass men and walking them through the industry. I felt like Dr. Frankenstein building uncontrollable monsters. How? If you DON'T make 'em a star, they blame you. If you DO make 'em a star, they leave you. I got sick of that ungrateful shit."

That's worth reading again. And how do we know he left them? Could it not be the other way around? And if not, why?

Oh...and Da Lench Mob pretty much fell apart at the seams. Not Cube's fault...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:16 pm

I thought he had some personal problem with Shorty from Lench. Are you sure it was internal, Norf?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

I'm fuzzy on the internal strife, but I do know that J-Dee getting life behind bars was the first domino that started the rest tumbling. Not to mention that 2nd album was just so-so.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!   Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Cube "I Am The West" July 13th!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1