Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dogg Pound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:13 pm

Anyone have any hope for this one? Everything they release anymore sounds rushed. Anyone heard any leaks?
Back to top Go down

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:45 pm

You know what I think for the last 15+ yrs I have been waiting for a fit follow up to Dogg Food. I always get their albums hoping that flame would be relight but it never happens. The chemistry between them is long gone imo and they still rapping about the same ole same ole. Only two albums they have that I actually dig is Cali Is Active and Dogg Chit.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 12:51 pm

I agree. I never even checked out Dogg Chit. I never thought it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 1:28 pm

Dillinger & Young Gotti my favorite from them and part II is dope IMO.

They released one last year and all the songs I heard from it were dope. I just ordered Daz - Public Enemiez - that one is dope too.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 2:21 pm

I always thought 2002 was dope...although it was more so of a compilation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 3:00 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I agree. I never even checked out Dogg Chit. I never thought it would be worth it.

You guessed right...

Cali Iz Active has its moments, but too much of it is forgettable, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 3:12 pm

Dogg Chit was tight as hell to me. They seemed focused and picked some fitting production. I had Dillinger and Gotti when it 1st dropped and it lost replay value real fast. 2002 was str8 but not cohesive.
Back to top Go down

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 10:45 pm

DPG-Dillinger & Young Gotti is fucking classic IMO. Love that cd. The follow up, I wasn't impressed with. Dogg Chit is dope, I like That Was Then This Is Now, but I'm not a fan of Cali Iz Active personally.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 12:18 pm

To be honest, Dogg Food will always be their number album. Thing is, they just have to take their time to create quality music. A TRUE Dogg Pound classic album should be like this:

Production: Just Daz, Soopafly, and Battlecat!!

Kurupt needs to conjure up the Kingpin from the 90s. The cat had practically the best skill outta the west at that time. After 2000-2001, he practically got lazy and fell off. He has his moments, but that's it. I remember an interview he did 5 years ago talking about how he admits to just saying lazy shit on the mic and not giving a damn. IMO, Quik spit better than him on Blaqkout lol. He just needs to focus seriously. At one point Daz ripped it better than him on some tracks. Also, did y'all know that Kurupt wrote most of Daz's lyrics on Dogg Food?
Back to top Go down

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 12:20 pm

On Streetlights Kurupt shows glimpses of his brilliance. "In Gotti We Trust" is one such example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dogg Pound   New Dogg Pound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dogg Pound
Page 1 of 1