Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rainbow Flags

Go down 
+3
parker lewis
Haterex
Dang! Trotter
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

Haterex wrote:
A few fringe extremists, and making homosexuality a crime punishable by death are not the same Acrid!

And by the rest of us, I mean people who don't give a shit. I love heterosexual sex, but I don't want to jump on a float and parade around town with a big sign telling the world they have to accept the things I find sexually appealing. Nobody has to be tolerant and accepting of anything they don't want to, right or wrong.

..no, their really not, same principles though: the idea that one's own group is superior and has the right to rule others.

...And, get used to it, this is America, if you want to start a parade for "excessive Cheeto eaters", you can, with a permit of course....
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:50 pm

Humans are imperfect, regardless of religious beliefs or lack thereof - blaming them for the plight of gays in america is just ridiculous. Christians are not a serious threat to homosexuals in the scheme of things. I know it's fashionable and mandatory for psuedo intellectuals to pin all the world's problems on christians, but it's a crock IMO. I guess in your mind every gay bashing is dished out by an enraged christian? I'm not a regular attendee in a christian church, but I've been to several services over the years and the few times I remember hmoosexuality coming up, there was no call to violence, no urging to hurt or destroy anyone. Most gay bashings and other anti-gay "hate crimes" are conducted by young booze filled males motivated by a number of dumb things, not by typical christians.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:55 pm

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
..but id like to think their getting shit from more groups than Christians...

..and Im not here to bash Christians either, the majority of them are positive, kind people..and It would go against my beliefs to push my agenda on them..or you. I believe, to the fullest extent, that there is a time and place for Christians to judge, dictate and teach others...and it's in a Church on a Sunday afternoon, not in the courtroom pushing their ancient ideals on CURRENT issues.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 1:08 pm

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:

..and Im not here to bash Christians either, the majority of them are positive, kind people..and It would go against my beliefs to push my agenda on them..or you. I believe, to the fullest extent, that there is a time and place for Christians to judge, dictate and teach others...and it's in a Church on a Sunday afternoon, not in the courtroom pushing their ancient ideals on CURRENT issues.

You really don't see the double standard you're laying out here? - Christians need to stay in their churches and keep it to themselves, but gays have every right to literally parade around town insanely forcing their lifestyle on people who don't want to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 1:27 pm

Good to see HATEREX back
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:25 pm

Haterex wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:

You really don't see the double standard you're laying out here? - Christians need to stay in their churches and keep it to themselves, but gays have every right to literally parade around town insanely forcing their lifestyle on people who don't want to hear it.

We're talking about the Oppressed and the Oppressors....Fuckin' A Right....The Gay Community is not in the courts and legal system to oppress or stop the advancement of another group...Christian Inc. however is..keep the scriptures, dictating and judging inside the Church......missionaries/enlightened bible studies/Jahova's Witness Door Knockers(most of the time their sweet old ladies..lol)mormons on bikes/jesus enthusiasts(i wont say 'freaks')..feel free to spread your gospel, by all means....but when it comes to the seperation of Church and State...I couldnt be more adamant about keeping the bible back home...

Homie, we can do this all day..were soo on the opposite side of the spectrum, we'll never see eye-to-eye
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:03 pm

The best point made is this: Exactly how do rainbow flags and pride parades infringe upon your life and rights?
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:15 pm

Christians really aren't oppressing anybody, you're being overly dramatic towards them in that regard IMO. What do you believe in anyway? You seem like a humanist to me, is that assumption correct?
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:27 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
The best point made is this: Exactly how do rainbow flags and pride parades infringe upon your life and rights?

I never said they were infringing on any of my rights with their gay parades and such. I actually have always maintained that they should have equal rights as anyone else, and never argued they shouldn't. That's sort of why I don't understand why acrid says he's on the polar opposite of where I'm coming from because my beliefs and opinions aside, at the end of the day come to the same conclusions as his.

I will admit though, I don't like the way they parade their pride for their sexual preference around so passionately. Keep that shit in the bedroom. I mean, what's next, fecalphiliac pride parades? S&M marches??? I just get tired of gays using their sexual preferences as the key to their identity. We all like different things sexually whether you're straight or gay, and it's ridiculous the gays have turned theirs into such a political chip.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

While I understand your point (i've always felt that flamers were looking for attention, and negative is just most likely) I also feel that the excessive displays are really just a byproduct of the oppressive majority.

I also feel that by going to their extremes, the gay community is putting in a lot of work toward keeping our rights to freedom of speech and assembly well excersized.

They aren't preaching hate. They aren't interfering with anybody else's rights. And, really, they have yet to achieve equality in the eyes of the government. So, as over the top as it may seem, the truth is that their efforts remain inadequate.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

It's about awareness and pride. There are a lot of gays who are feel alone and unwanted in their environments. This isn't such a problem for other groups. The attitude we're discussing can be very helpful to people in need of support.

I don't know about Drugachussets, but around here Puerto Rican pride is way more "in your face". Of course, the food's so much better.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
It's about awareness and pride. There are a lot of gays who are feel alone and unwanted in their environments. This isn't such a problem for other groups. The attitude we're discussing can be very helpful to people in need of support.

I don't know about Drugachussets, but around here Puerto Rican pride is way more "in your face". Of course, the food's so much better.

We take pride in treating our brains like amusment parks 'round here.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:45 am

Kid Joe wrote:

I don't know about Drugachussets, but around here Puerto Rican pride is way more "in your face";. Of course, the food's so much better.

Ya know...now that you mention it, I don't think there is a more "in your face" parade around. Puerto Ricans are mad flamboyant. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:22 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

I don't know about Drugachussets, but around here Puerto Rican pride is way more "in your face";. Of course, the food's so much better.

Ya know...now that you mention it, I don't think there is a more "in your face" parade around. Puerto Ricans are mad flamboyant. lol

How many cities hold a peurto rican day parade compared to a Gay parade. Also are you bombarded with PR pride in the downtown district of your city. If Indianapolis is having gay pride parades than everyone is having it. Hell, even Israel is having Gay pride parades

Last edited by Dang! Trotter on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

How comfortable do you feel with a gay guy in the shower room in GYM class? Isolated my ass! Especially in high school a gay person needs to come out and tell his counselors and let people know.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 5:45 pm

A gay person needs to do what you say, huh? You're coming off like quite the idiot, here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Flags   Rainbow Flags - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Flags
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2