Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa

Go down 
+7
Justin Linker
Norfeest
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
ACRID"
parker lewis
boet
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Empty
PostSubject: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 8:10 am

Its here people, now i know some o ya'll couldnt give a flying kick bout this shit. But just put yoself in my shoes, this country is going BANANANANAS. Man i cant remember a time o my life when i felt this proud to be South African, but enough o that tip, the real reason why i started this thread:

just thought a simple lil ''pick your team to win'' game would suffice, winner gets a digital high five or something, ill try my best to keep the thread updated with results an what not. two or three people can pick the same team, forming there own team...

participation in the thread isnt neccessarily vital, but if EVERYONE could just take two secs to type a team out , id be happy as a pig in shit!

As for my pick, im going with Argentina, only cos im watching two o their games really..
African side to make the semis.
Dark horse: Chile
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 8:48 am

Not to be rude, but I think you underestimate how much U.S. Americans don't care about soccer. I don't even know which countries do/don't have teams.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 8:51 am

Imagine if we won.... no parties in the streets, no fireworks. That would be an ultimate slap in the face to the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:12 am

Going for: USA, Mexico

Soft Spots for: Netherlands, Germany
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:31 am

Going for: Australia

Soft Spots: Australia and any other country that doesn't give a fuck about soccer but has a side playing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 10:52 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Imagine if we won.... no parties in the streets, no fireworks. That would be an ultimate slap in the face to the rest of the world.

I literally laughed out oud on that one. It's fucking hilarious because it's so goddamn true. Does Beckham play for us now or still Britainia?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:04 am

My country is Holland and will always be that way. While I'm not sure we have what it takes to win it all (no Van Der Sar and a woeful D) my blood will be oranje whenever football is to be played. Ordered our last jersey recently and I will sure standout when I hit up the local spots to watch.

I will watch every last game possibly over and over. When it comes to the WC I am in my elements. I love learning about new countries and hearing their national anthems and whatnot. Might sound corny but that's the way I am.

If it weren't for this this summer would really be a bummer.

Its really a shame most Americans don't appreciate this game outside of those with a foreign background but its to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:06 am

damn you guys are some haters. i try to watch every game religiously, the World Cup is easily the best sporting event in the world, and 90% of the world agrees with this except our country. Its a month long extravaganza encompassing the national teams of the most popular sport in the world with multiple games everyday, what is there not to like?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:12 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
damn you guys are some haters. i try to watch every game religiously, the World Cup is easily the best sporting event in the world, and 90% of the world agrees with this except our country. Its a month long extravaganza encompassing the national teams of the most popular sport in the world with multiple games everyday, what is there not to like?

We have too many options man, great ones at that: the NFL, NBA, NCAA Football..hell even college hoops and MLB..our national sport is NOT soccer...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:12 am

@ Slang: Yeah dude the NFL/NBA playoffs ain't even sniffing the importance of this tournament. This literally brings the world together for a month. I guess you have to have some culture to respect this game which the majority of Americans don't have.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:15 am

I'll be the 1st to say that i only get into actual soccer when the Cup rolls around..

i took Thurs-Fri off of work..gonna get on that S.Africa/Mexico game Friday morning..pick up some brews for breakfast..lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
I'll be the 1st to say that i only get into actual soccer when the Cup rolls around..

i took Thurs-Fri off of work..gonna get on that S.Africa/Mexico game Friday morning..pick up some brews for breakfast..lol

lol nice, the NBA is my favorite sport but the Finals or the Super Bowl dont hold a match to the Cup. Those events happen every year and this happens every 4 years. Like Cise said, this tournaments importance globally is unmatched.

i follow soccer during the season but its hard to watch the games without paying extra to get the added stations, but the cup is at least accessible for everyone to see
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:24 am

Are you italian slang?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 11:32 am

In high school I used to be on top of every soccer match cross-league but in recent years I've only been able to follow the EPL/CL matches. Just ordered cable for the first time in over a decade (I'm a cheap bastard) just so I can DVR and watch all these matches. Thank the lawd that I don't need a special channel to watch these games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm

MEXICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Sinj! But you going DOWN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 1:02 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
@ Slang: Yeah dude the NFL/NBA playoffs ain't even sniffing the importance of this tournament. This literally brings the world together for a month. I guess you have to have some culture to respect this game which the majority of Americans don't have.

Get out of my head! lol

Anyway, I'm rooting for Brazil.

I wish Jamaica or T&T were more of a powerhouse, though. *sigh*

Mexico plays the home team in 2 days, don't they? RSA might put in work. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 8:54 pm

^
^

yo norf, hows that 8BallMJG album??
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:14 pm

I got it at 3.25 right now. It's not great, but you won't be mad you bought it either...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 10:42 pm

Just got some Tribe/Pan-African Movement (color wise) soccer boots. Love the flashiness of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:07 am

nice kicks man, mustve cost you an arm.... Holland is ALWAYS the dark horse, would love to see them lift it.. i just wanna see someone other than Brazil France or Italy win it this year, oh an Cise we got a channel that only broadcasts soccer, Super Sport 3!

awesome to see such support from some o you guys, i get that its not a national sport for ya'll.. i do understand this fact.. slang i couldnt of put it any better, even if its not your cup of tea, the spectacle itself is extraordinary. like for instance i dont enjoy american football, i think its a game for sissies, i do however stay up till four in the morn every year just to catch the superbowl..

man SA are playing SO WELL, i just hope they dont cock it all up and throw it all away. but in my heart of hearts i know we cant perform on the same level skills wise, but they always say a crowd can be the thirteenth man so heres hoping.

Mexico is gonna be a real toughie to start off with, especially with the group we in.. i really hope we kick your ass SRP.. really, i do.. gonna be watching that shit at a hotel with a Brazillian beach setup, beer tents, and projector screens. YA BABY!!

Norf i used to love watching trinadad play ball, Yorke was one o my fav players a few years back .

ONLY ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:10 am

gonna upload a vid of the legendary VUVUZELA, our secret weapon.

Its basicallay a really big horn that makes a really big noise. and at almost every game theres gonna be bout 30,000 people, at least, blowing the fuk outa it
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa   Fifa 2010 World Cup - South Africa Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:16 am