Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New D-Block?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:37 pm

Anyone buy it, listen? anything? I am curious - I saw it in store... apparently there is a white rapper in D Block now... it's 9.99 at best buy.

New pastor troy is 11.99 and that AZ - Legendary was 11.99 as well among a few other things.

Mos Def was 9.99 but I couldn't even read the back of the CD to see the track listing or guest features so I said fuck that...
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:44 pm

I copped the D. Block. It had a large scratch mark on the cd though...smh so I returned it and grabbed a new copy. I've only listened to a couple of songs, and I was feeling them. "Hustler's Prayers" is a banger.

Don't fuck with the Mos Def, shit was disappointing. His flow is annoying as hell on the album and he has a song where he sings in Spanish...smh.

I copped that AZ last week, and I'm still feeling that one a lot.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:47 pm

good looks

if I find myself near a best buy again I might run in for the d block... no homo... fwiw... there was this morbidly obese lady ahead of me in line at best buy and she smelled so bad I almost got physically sick...smh...
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 6:02 pm

I didn't know D-Block had new shit coming out, otherwise I would have went to Best Buy today to cop it. I'll definitely do so next time I go there though. Same with AZ.

I actually like the Mos Def joint, but I can understand why others wouldn't though. It's a totally different concept than what he's done in the past. Twilight Speedball, Auditorium, Life In Marvelous Times, History, and Casa Bey are my favorite tracks on it. I'd give it 4 stars.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 6:31 pm

I have always hated the beats they use on the D Block albums. They are plain and boring, this album has the same problem but if you didnt mind the beats on past albums this album well be good for you.

As for the new Mos Def album, i thought it was alright and have it at around a 3.5 stars for right now after first spin.

The new AZ was average to me, could be a little boring at times but overall a decent listen
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 6:35 pm

I think that white dude's name is SI and I think he's a singer, not a rapper.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 8:16 pm

The Mothafuckin GZA wrote:
I have always hated the beats they use on the D Block albums

Their beats seem so generic now. They need to call up Primo or 9th or Marco Polo for some heat. The vocal talent (Styles, Jada, Sheek) is already there. They just need some serious production upgrades.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 8:26 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

Their beats seem so generic now. They need to call up Primo or 9th or Marco Polo for some heat. The vocal talent (Styles, Jada, Sheek) is already there. They just need some serious production upgrades.

yeah all their beats on most of their albums have a similar sound. kind of like a cheap copy of a 50 cent beat to tell the truth. like its trying to be street with a mainstream appeal. thats how i have always felt, but i know d block has its fan base that loves it so its working at keeping them interested, jsut not my style
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 9:14 pm

The beats on the old Lox joints were bangin, now they just sound hella commercial.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:11 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

They got a beat from Pete Rock on the new album, Vernon.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:15 pm

tranny, thats vernon. he cosigns anyone in order to seem like he knows whats going on, but he doesnt actually own or listen to the music.
Back to top Go down

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The beats on the old Lox joints were bangin, now they just sound hella commercial.

Money, Power & Respect was a great album that still goes in rotation from time to time today. We are the Streets is my favorite tho. Wild out is still crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New D-Block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New D-Block?   New D-Block? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New D-Block?
Page 1 of 1