Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D-Block: Day 1

Go down 
+2
Shaun
Myestro
6 posters

?
Classic
D-Block: Day 1 Vote_lcap0%D-Block: Day 1 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Excellent
 0% [ 0 ]
Very good
D-Block: Day 1 Vote_lcap50%D-Block: Day 1 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Average
D-Block: Day 1 Vote_lcap38%D-Block: Day 1 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Poor
 0% [ 0 ]
Never heard it
D-Block: Day 1 Vote_lcap12%D-Block: Day 1 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

D-Block: Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

ANOTHER new thread here! After reading some reviews on their solo albums, I decided to begin another thread, this time focusing solely on not only the two group albums from Lox, but their solo offerings also. Just contribute your thoughts. You know the deal! And we begin with.....

D-Block: Day 1 Money_Power_%26_Respect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 5:43 pm

Average. The rhymes were good but the production was wack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 5:45 pm

I always thought this was a very good album, and at times I thought it was better than We Are The Streets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 5:48 pm

Wayne wrote:
I always thought this was a very good album, and at times I thought it was better than We Are The Streets.

Really???? We Are The Streets blows this album out of the water IMO. They themselves didn't even like the finished product, which led to them campaigning for their release from Bad Boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 5:50 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Really???? We Are The Streets blows this album out of the water IMO. They themselves didn't even like the finished product, which led to them campaigning for their release from Bad Boy.

At times I did KJ, seriously, lol. That has changed though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm

I'm glad you two finally got a room. I bet Nas is hella disappointed you're only talking about the Lox though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
I'm glad you two finally got a room. I bet Nas is hella disappointed you're only talking about the Lox though.

Wow MRP, lol.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 11:48 pm

Haven't heard. Never really got into The Lox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:22 am

What's the matter Jeff, you on your menstral cycle again? Run out of tampons?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:23 am

KJ Styles wrote:

What's the matter Jeff, you on your menstral cycle again? Run out of tampons?

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:25 am

"Average. The rhymes were good but the production was wack. "

I'm surprised to see you say that, KJ. I agree, completey.. The rhymes weren't all that, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:26 am

Shaun wrote:

I'm surprised to see you say that, KJ. I agree, completey.. The rhymes weren't all that, though

I agree they did get much better once they got from under the Bad Boy banner.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:40 am

I'll vote very good despite the commercial tracks....They didn't like the finished product, which is true but there are still some nice tracks on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:58 am

Highsmith wrote:
there are still some nice tracks on here.

Cosign. I was always one of the few that liked the "If You Think I'm Jiggy" song.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:39 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I'll vote very good despite the commercial tracks....They didn't like the finished product, which is true but there are still some nice tracks on here.

CO-SIGNAGE!

this album was decent...and when you've got Jada,Styles and Sheek spitting then you should already know that the lyrics are going to be tight.....the production was shiny suit era all the way....meaning there where some decent moments and then there where some other moments that should be forgotten.....but if you play their lead single from this joint "If You Think I'm Jiggy" in the club even the mean mug n*i*g*g*a*s* will get up and dance and I've seen this pretty recently...so this album because it's a Jada/Sheek/Styles effort is going to get love in the street....thats all those dudes represented.....their second album is better than this one but this one was pretty good IMO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:45 pm

Shaun wrote:

The rhymes on most of the songs were dope. You could tell through the bubble gum production that Jada, Styles, and Sheek had skills. And the title track is a Top 50 song of all time IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

Livin The Life, If You Think I'm Jiggy, Money, Power, & Repsect, I Wanna Thank You, Goin Be Some S***, The Heist, Pt. 1, Not To Be F***** With, B****** From Eastwick, All For The Love, and Everybody Wanna Rat are very good songs.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:11 pm

"The rhymes on most of the songs were dope. You could tell through the bubble gum production that Jada, Styles, and Sheek had skills. And the title track is a Top 50 song of all time IMO. "

I meant the production part, lol. And, I can't stand Lil Kim on that song. Auto skip for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
"The rhymes on most of the songs were dope. You could tell through the bubble gum production that Jada, Styles, and Sheek had skills. And the title track is a Top 50 song of all time IMO. "

I meant the production part, lol. And, I can't stand Lil Kim on that song. Auto skip for me.

I never cared too much for her introduction on that song, but she was ok on the hook.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:19 pm

Yeah. She can't sing, so she shouldn't be. I would actually *gulp* prefer her rapping on that song.

And, the beat annoys me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
Yeah. She can't sing, so she shouldn't be. I would actually *gulp* prefer her rapping on that song.

And, the beat annoys me

I never had a problem with the beat too much. Her kicking a verse would've been overkill, because Jada, Styles, Sheek, and X had very good verses on this joint. The song wouldn't have needed an extra verse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:17 am

I'll say average....theres nothing really bad or wack about this one but theres nothing great about it either. If someone bought this blind they would not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:33 am

It's between Average and Very Good. I'll say very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

Wayne wrote:
Shaun wrote:

And, the beat annoys me

I never had a problem with the beat too much. Her kicking a verse would've been overkill, because Jada, Styles, Sheek, and X had very good verses on this joint. The song wouldn't have needed an extra verse.

Yeah I agree, I had no problem with the beat OR the hook. I thought it was fine and I love the song.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Shaun wrote:

And, the beat annoys me

Yeah I agree, I had no problem with the beat OR the hook. I thought it was fine and I love the song.

It still continues to get radio play to this day. Well, when I'm actually in an area where the radio is playing and there's no way I can bump something I would like to hear, this is when I listen to the radio, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Shaun wrote:

And, the beat annoys me

It still continues to get radio play to this day. Well, when I'm actually in an area where the radio is playing and there's no way I can bump something I would like to hear, this is when I listen to the radio, lol.

Maybe in New York that song got radio play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

Wayne wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Shaun wrote:

And, the beat annoys me

Maybe in New York that song got radio play.

It gets play in VA too, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 2:50 pm

Jeff got owned.....again!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:14 pm

average...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 1   D-Block: Day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D-Block: Day 1
Page 1 of 1