Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Limit vs. Cash Money

Go down 
3 posters

?
No Limit
No Limit vs. Cash Money Vote_lcap60%No Limit vs. Cash Money Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Cash Money
No Limit vs. Cash Money Vote_lcap40%No Limit vs. Cash Money Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

No Limit vs. Cash Money Empty
PostSubject: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:21 pm

This thread may be an interesting one coming from an east coast head such as myself, but I was around, obviously, when this "rivalry" was existant. So, when it comes to discographies (although No Limit has more albums, respectively), rappers, production, and everything you can think of, who do you think were the superior group/label back in their "prime"?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

I bump far more No Limit. I think Mannie Fresh was the best of either camp's in-house producers, but KLC isn't far behind IMO. I prefered the acts on No Limit more too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I bump far more No Limit. I think Mannie Fresh was the best of either camp's in-house producers, but KLC isn't far behind IMO. I prefered the acts on No Limit more too.

I always thought KLC was better than Mannie.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

Kind of difficult to choose...No Limit '98 and Cash Money '99 were both on fire. Lately, I have been playing more No Limit but that's because I just added the majority of the CDs to my Itunes recently.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 2:18 pm

No Limit by default. Once CMR went pop, they'd basically lost half their roster already. No Limit kept churning out decent albums. Neither camp is what I call high quality, though. Take away KLC or Mannie and both labels wither....
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 3:13 pm

Yeah No Limit also talked about more than making and getting money on a regualr basis. I can only listen to brag music for so long. I think Beats By The Pound as a whole whoops Mannie's fanny. Mannie was not the most diverse beat maker imo.

Also I only bump maybe 3-4 Cash Money albums on a semi reg basis, they just were not very good at whole albums. No Limit weren't droping masterpieces at all either but their sound and message moved me more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 3:32 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I think Beats By The Pound as a whole whoops Mannie's fanny.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 4:27 pm

Once Beats By The Pound stopped doing the beats No Limit went downhill. If Master P would have gave them some $ they could have bought a couple of more years. As it's been said No Limit has more albums but I don't think any No Limit album wants to see 400 Degreez or Chopper City In The Ghetto but that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 4:28 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Once Beats By The Pound stopped doing the beats No Limit went downhill. If Master P would have gave them some $ they could have bought a couple of more years. As it's been said No Limit has more albums but I don't think any No Limit album wants to see 400 Degreez or Chopper City In The Ghetto but that's my opinion.

Cosign on the Beats By The Pound comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Limit vs. Cash Money
Page 1 of 1