Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Limit vs. Cash Money

Go down 
+12
Jack of Spades
Highsmith
Cold Loungin
KJ Styles
Wanduras
Justin Linker
Dang! Trotter
TheHazardous
Tic706
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
Wayne
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

No Limit vs. Cash Money Empty
PostSubject: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

A different thread from me, considering I'm an east coast head first and foremost (lol). In their prime, overall, which click was the best, and I'm talking in terms of production (I know CM had just Mannie Fresh, but work with me, lol), lyrics, artists, albums, impact on the game (mainly the south), etc.

No Limit vs. Cash Money No_limit_logo

VS

No Limit vs. Cash Money Cash_Money_Records
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

I gotta go with No Limit. Beats By The Pound had better beats and produced much more than Mannie. No Limit also had more rhymers and more classic albums. Cash Money has longevity and equally classic albums, but I prefer No Limit.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

No Limit
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

No Limit fairly easily. They had a better spread of talent instead of all their talent in one cluster.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

No Limit. Beats by the Pound brought the heat and Mia X, Mystikal, Mac, Fiend, etc. laced it. Their problem was their benefactor. He was a strength and weakness. He knew to strike while the iron was hot but he oversaturated the market with his product which caused diminishing return. Other flaws include feeling the need to jampack every disc with tracks and compilation appearance syndrome. However they did have stronger diversity in artists. However they let Currensy slip through their fingers. They lost BBTP and things went to shit real fast. P was smelling himself. They never recovered. On a good note they influenced a lot of rappers especially Southern that they could make money on their own. Folks who left No Limit used that knowledge to varying degrees of success.

Cash Money. 2 groups (Big Tymers & Hot Boys) split 6 ways. They didn't get guest happy but you could definitely see the No Limit influence to a degree. They snagged Mack 10 trying to do with him what No Limit did with Snoop. It didn't pan out. They focus on one solid product at a time but 400 Degreez is still their opus. Only in recent have they moved away from their signature sound with the exit of Mannie Fresh. The only other members outside the main 2 group worthy of mention is UNLV, Drake, and Minaj. Cash adapted to the times.

I like No Limit more but so far CM has stood the test of time.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

I'm going with No Limit also. Regarding Beats By The Pound, Craig B, Carlos Stephens, Mo B. Dick, & O'Dell made some tight beats, but KLC was THE man in that crew, and Mannie is not seeing KLC behind the boards. Good call Hazardous on Fiend, Mac, Mystikal, and Mia X lacing the beats, because they certainly did that (and for example, Juvenile and B.G. were no match for Fiend and Mac).
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 6:49 am

Thats like measles vs the mumps
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 8:12 am

Or HIV vs. AIDS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

I'm gonna say No Limit (in their prime) just on the diversity. They had a deeper roster and better overall beats. However, Cash Money gets the nod for the overall champ since they are still around and, IMO, they had higher highs...for example, 400 Degreez is better than any NL album.

And also, I think Mannie Fresh can go head up with any of those producers but the variety that the combo produced was too much to be overtaken.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

Wanduras wrote:
I'm gonna say No Limit (in their prime) just on the diversity. They had a deeper roster and better overall beats. However, Cash Money gets the nod for the overall champ since they are still around and, IMO, they had higher highs...for example, 400 Degreez is better than any NL album.

And also, I think Mannie Fresh can go head up with any of those producers but the variety that the combo produced was too much to be overtaken.

Uh oh, there's the debate right there. 400 Degreez being better than any NL album, I think that's the first time I've ever heard that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Unpredictable>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>400 Degreez
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

400 Degreez over any No Limit album is laughable to me. There are numerous NL albums i'll take over that one. And 400 D may be CM's best album ever released.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
400 Degreez over any No Limit album is laughable to me. There are numerous NL albums i'll take over that one. And 400 D may be CM's best album ever released.

What's one NL album you can think of that's better than 400 Degreez in addition to Terry picking Unpredictable?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

Shell Shocked
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

I would take 400 Degreez over any No Limit album as well. The only one that comes close is Unpredictable. I don't like Master P or his brothers.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

No Limit consisted of way more than Master P and his brothers.

Here are albums on par of better than 400 Degreez:

Mac - Shell Schocked
Fiend - There's One In Every Family
Tru - Tru 2 Da Game
Silkk - Charge It 2 Da Game
C-Murder - Life or Death
Down South Hustlers
I'm Bout It Soundtrack
Big Ed - The Assassin
Kane and Abel - Am I My Brother's Keeper
Magic - Sky's The Limit
Snoop - The Last Meal
Snoop - No Limit Topp Dogg
Soulja Slim - Give It 2 Em Raw
Young Bleed - My Balls and My Word
Master P - Ghetto D
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

Unpredictable was great (my favorite of his), no doubt, but it doesn't beat 400 to me. Personally, I think No Limit had terrible overall albums but dope ass standout tracks on almost every release. I know I'm in the minority but I hold several old CM releases in high regard...400, How You Luv That, Tha Block is Hot, Its All On U, Young N Thuggin, Checkmate, Solja Rags, Juve the Great, others...but only few No Limit albums...Ghetto D, Unpredictable, Charge It 2 Da Game, Life or Death...but to be fair, I didnt own as many No Limit albums either. I heard them all pretty much through my friends, tho. So 1 vote for CM and the rest of ya'll eat a dick. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I would take 400 Degreez over any No Limit album as well. The only one that comes close is Unpredictable. I don't like Master P or his brothers.

Woops, I guess thats two.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

ColdBoy456 wrote:

Snoop - The Last Meal

Being that I'm retarded and I forgot that this was a NL release, I actually have to retract my previous statement. Tha Last Meal is the best that either side has to offer.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 12:10 pm

Wanduras wrote:
ColdBoy456 wrote:

Snoop - The Last Meal

Being that I'm retarded and I forgot that this was a NL release, I actually have to retract my previous statement. Tha Last Meal is the best that either side has to offer.

That's what good discussion is all about, me being right, you and KJ being wrong!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 2:34 pm

I didn't forget about the Snoop albums. But I actually like No Limit Top Dogg better than Last Meal (although both are dope) but I don't think either is as good as 400 Degreez.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:

Mac - Shell Schocked
Tru - Tru 2 Da Game
C-Murder - Life or Death
Down South Hustlers
I'm Bout It Soundtrack
Big Ed - The Assassin
Magic - Sky's The Limit
Snoop - The Last Meal
Master P - Ghetto D

Those are some gems. I'm only missing Big Ed. And one of the DSH discs. Everybody I know that has DSH only has one disc and it's always disc 2. What happened to all the disc ones?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

lol... that's funny, when I get back to my stash of disc onlys I'll check because I know I have one random DSH disc - but knowing your luck it will be disc two!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

LOL, that sucks. Disc 1 has some great tracks
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

Yeah I have both disc of Down South Hustlers. Is it worth some money?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

Yeah, it sells for a decent amount now.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

its worth a little bit Kev but not anything to get excited about... a good day on ebay might get $20 to 30 or so... i believe i still have my disc one, unless there's some gremlin who has stolen it.

tre 8 - ghetto stories
steady mobbin - premeditated drama
skull dugrey - hoodlum fo life

were all great albums from beginning to end
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

One thing about this forum that pisses me off are these repetitive threads . Weve done this. Who cares? Cash Money is better cause they're still around
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
One thing about this forum that pisses me off are these repetitive threads . Weve done this. Who cares? Cash Money is better cause they're still around

Says the man who says the same shit every 2-3 months and makes new threads for shit we've already talked about.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

No Limit is my answer also but I'll take 400 Degreez & Chopper City In The Ghetto over any NL album including The Last Meal.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

Chopper City In The Ghetto is another dope Cash Money release.

BG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:

Mac - Shell Shocked
Tru - Tru 2 Da Game
C-Murder - Life or Death
Down South Hustlers
I'm Bout It Soundtrack
Big Ed - The Assassin
Magic - Sky's The Limit
Snoop - The Last Meal
Master P - Ghetto D

This list I cosign with with the exception of the Big Ed and possibly Silkk's album (but I'm A Soldier>>>>>>>>400 Degreez).
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

Lounge wrote:
its worth a little bit Kev but not anything to get excited about... a good day on ebay might get $20 to 30 or so... i believe i still have my disc one, unless there's some gremlin who has stolen it.

tre 8 - ghetto stories
steady mobbin - premeditated drama
skull dugrey - hoodlum fo life

were all great albums from beginning to end

I didn't care too much for that debut album from Steady Mobbin, but their sophomore album "Black Mafia" was only slightly decent. I've never the Skull album, or the Tre-8 joint.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

When I read the thread title, I thought you were talking about Cash Money from Philly. LOL
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

BG>>>>>>>>>>>> indeed. I'd feel comfortable with him against most NL mc's.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

No Limit
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 1:20 am

Always bumped No Limit more...

Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 8:51 am

No Limit by a land slide just because of the diverse roster, they actually had a production team (no disrespect to Mannie he is good), and was ran like a record company.

Anyone saying 400 degreez is better than any NO Limit is F***ing crazy! 400 degreez isn't even the best Cash Money album. The best Cash Money album is UNLV's - Uptown IV Life ,if you haven't heard this album go on youtube or buy it. This is the best produced and arranged album on CM, (All of UNLV albums are good) and I'll take this over every NL album except Snoops stuff, Ghetto Dope, and Charge it 2 Da Game. I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned any Cash Money albums before 98'. 400 degreez was the last truly good album from CM but it also marked a change from their past work.

Their music is different from each other though. Cash Money is a New Orleans based group their music reflects that (not now). Their early albums were Bounce music and had that New Orleans underground street sound. Mannie Fresh used to make street mixtapes (like DJ Paul) and have local block parties. No Limit was a west coast outfit until P decided he could use the New Orleans handle. NL only had a few Bounce songs. But weren't known for it. The NL sound was a West Coast/Rap-a-lot sound.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

Just checked... lmao... the loose disc I have is Disc 2!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

Guerilla Warfare is SOOOO much better than 400 Degreez. I think Carter II is better than 400 Degrees.

No Limit is better simply because I can understand every word every rapper they have says. Juvenile, BG and even Lil Wayne all fall victim to drugs+southern accent=indecipherable crap. Oh, and any roster with BABY rapping isn't beating anybody.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
Just checked... lmao... the loose disc I have is Disc 2!

I toldja it's a muthaphukkin conspiracy. There's an asshole out there sitting on a shitload of disc ones for reasons we'll never comprehend.
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

Guess I'm the exception I have Disk 1 and no disc 2.

Check out my auctions

http://www.ebay.com/sch/killersim187/m.html
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

No mention of Master P- Mr Ice Cream Man, that's a certified 5 star banger! NL>CM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

Ice Cream Man is dope, but I prefer the more polished No Limit sound, and I'm sure the more casual fans would agree.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

Oh my bad, I'll try to be more casual fan friendly in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Limit vs. Cash Money   No Limit vs. Cash Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Limit vs. Cash Money
Page 1 of 1