Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baseball trade question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Baseball trade question. Empty
PostSubject: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

The Braves just traded shortstops with Toronto. Escobar for Gonzales. As a Braves fan, i'm not sure about this trade. Escobar has really been fighting it this season, but he's still young with lots of potential. All I know about Gonzales is that he has 17 homers and is 33 years old. Anybody know enough about Gonzales to tell me whether this was a good trade for the Braves or not?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
The Braves just traded shortstops with Toronto. Escobar for Gonzales. As a Braves fan, i'm not sure about this trade. Escobar has really been fighting it this season, but he's still young with lots of potential. All I know about Gonzales is that he has 17 homers and is 33 years old. Anybody know enough about Gonzales to tell me whether this was a good trade for the Braves or not?

I like Gonzalez. He's solid, and his numbers are usually consistent. Escobar has clearly underperformed this year, and he's never been overly consistent. This trade was clearly made with the intent of winning now. They gave up on a ton of potential with Escobar, but he's 27 or so. I'm not sure he was ever going to realize his full potential. I'm not a huge Braves fan so i wouldn't know, but do they have any SS prospects in their farm system that will be MLB ready in a few years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

The braves probably don't... I'm pretty sure us Rangers raped their farm system a few years back. But it makes sense in a win now mindset which I think is where the braves are at.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
The braves probably don't... I'm pretty sure us Rangers raped their farm system a few years back. But it makes sense in a win now mindset which I think is where the braves are at.

Are you referring to the Tex trade? If so, Salty was the centerpiece, and that fool can't even get the ball back to the pitcher. He's like the dude from Major League 2. Other than Salty, i'm not sure what else they got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

Didn't we get Elvis Andrus - a bad ass shortstop and one of top prospects in the Braves org?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:32 pm

Double checked... we did along with Neftali Feliz and Matt Harrison... I consider that a raping even if Salti doesn't work out.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Didn't we get Elvis Andrus - a bad ass shortstop and one of top prospects in the Braves org?

You might have. Like i said before, Salty was the centerpiece. I don't know if Andrus was included or not. You'd be better served asking Tran or E. Taylor.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm

Yes Andrus was part of that trade. It looks horrible now but hindsight is always 20/20. Andrus was expendable because we had Escobar and Yunel hasn't turned into the superstar everyone thought he would be. Andrus has and the Rangers are getting all the benefit. Don't know what happened to Salty, his story is weird.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

They have a kid named Salcedo in the minors that they are high on. They have 4-5 big time pitching prospects but not alot of position players. First Baseman Freddy Freeman will proabably be ready next season, Salcedo they hope in 2-3 years, and Heyward who already plays for the big club. They really need to stockpile some good young position players.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

Salty's jersey is comedy, I don't think I've ever seen another name go from beltloop to beltloop.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:12 pm

I always thought Elvis Andrus was the centerpiece of the deal. At the time, the Braves had Edgar Renteria and Yunel so they figured they were set at SS. Big mistake...smh. Also, Neftali Feliz was the Braves number 3 prospect at the time. The Braves got raped big time. As for this deal, eh. Can Alex Gonzales keep it up? I don't think so, he's never really been an offensive player, he's usually more well known for his defense. Yunel has so much damn potential, but he's a nutcase who drove Bobby Cox crazy.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:24 pm

So Tran, you think it's pretty much a wash for both sides? I just can't believe Yunel is .238 with 0 hr and 19 Rbi at this stage in the season. Something is wrong with him and I think that along with his attitude meant he had to be dealt.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

For this year, I guess it's a good deal. They need to go all out for Bobby Cox's final year. But I personally rather see them get an outfielder with power. Someone like Corey Hart or Jason Werth would do for me. Trading Mike Minor and one other solid prospect should get the Braves Werth, but I don't know if the Phillies want to trade in their same division.

Yunel is lost. His mind isn't in the game and he's scuffling big time. He lost his decent power. I'm thinking he's still injured.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

Oh, and it's about time they got rid of Jo-Jo Reyes. That guy sucks. One of the worst pitchers that I have witness. Absolutely terrible.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:37 pm

If they want a good outfield bat, which i have to believe they do, they're going to have to deal Minor. They still have Teheran and Vizcaino in the system with a few others so I think they could afford to. Although, the braves message board will go insane if they trade any of their young arms.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 2:49 pm

I think fans will be OK if they trade Minor for an outfield bat. He's the Braves' biggest trading chip. He's almost major league ready, and his ceiling is reaching to a solid number 2 pitcher now. As long as they don't trade the big three (Teheran, Vizcaino (thank you Yankees), and Randall Delgado), all of whom are potential aces, I'm cool with them trading any of their other pitching prospect for bats.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

WTF, the pitching prospect they got from the Jays is 5-7, 155lbs. 155lbs!!!! Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 3:27 pm

Yeah, hindsight is always a bitch, but Andrus was #2, Feliz was #3, Salti was their top prospect wasn't he?

It was another win now trade the braves made that didn't pan out. At the time as a rangers fan I was pissed but understood we could keep tex and we've done well to keep our offense just as powerful since then. I really hope we make a run this year.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 3:48 pm

From what I can recall, it went #1 Salty, #2 Andrus, #3 Feliz, and #4 Matt Harrison. You guys got our top four in the deal...lol. I remember not caring about Salty getting traded because we had McCann as our catcher and some dude name Scott Thorman, who had loads of power potential, as our first basemen. Too bad Throman sucked ass. Harrison I also didn't care much about, he was what Mike Minor is today, potential to be solid but not an ace. Feliz was the one that I was sad to see go, dude has a cannon for an arm. I remember thinking the Braves did good by getting rid of Andrus instead of Yunel. That backfire big time Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baseball trade question.   Baseball trade question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baseball trade question.
Page 1 of 1