Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have You Heard This CD?

Go down 
+14
Highsmith
Deanie O'Banion
Wanduras
Jack of Spades
Alan
Myestro
Norfeest
Shaun
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Half
ctrx
parker lewis
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 1:22 pm

RealHipHopWillNeverDie...I definitely recommend "Blac Sabbath," it's pretty straightforward grimy East Coast type shit...good LP though.

MC Serch's "Return of the Product" is seriously dope...4.5/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 3:10 pm

Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 BlueCollarAlbumCover
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:03 pm

Man on the Moon - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...oh I'm sorry, I fell asleep just thinking about that album. If you liked his mixtapes, you will be disappointed with the album.

Hi-Tek3 - Shaun's right, the other 2 are way better (2 is the best) but I was feelin the song Piano, check that joint out fa sho.

White Van Music - One of my fav projects of the last couple years along with BK One's Radio Do Canibal. The production is nasty and there was a good variety of spitters and styles. I don't usually bump Keak Da Sneak but I love his joint Soil Raps on WVM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Steve wrote:
I really like it musically and the whole mood of the album, it's a chill somber mood music album. Kid Cudi isn't some great rapper but this cd has really grown on me, I wouldn't rate it above 4 stars necessarily but it's one of those cds I can listen to over and over

You like Kid Cudi but don't like Lupe Fiasco? WOW!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:11 pm

Blue Collar - There was pretty dope production throughout and solid overall. Worth the purchase IMO. My only beef with Rhymefest is that he flows like Kanye every so often but on the positive side, it's because he writes for Kanye (Jesus Walks). If I had a choice between this and El Che (his new album) I would go with El Che. Shits dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 8:04 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

I really like it musically and the whole mood of the album, it's a chill somber mood music album. "Kid Cudi isn't some great rapper" but this cd has really grown on me, I wouldn't rate it above 4 stars necessarily but it's one of those cds I can listen to over and over

You like Kid Cudi but don't like Lupe Fiasco? WOW!

You like posting on message boards but not reading? WOW!
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:07 pm

Dynas - The Apartment Solid album IMO. Nothing groundbreaking here but dope music I think.

I also really like the vibe of that Blacastan album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Truthcover
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:29 am

Purple Haze wrote:
Dynas - The Apartment Solid album IMO. Nothing groundbreaking here but dope music I think.

I always wanted to check out the Dynas. The guest appearances look solid.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:05 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Purple Haze wrote:

Check it out or sample it. I think its worth it. I bought the album based off a guest appearance he had on another album.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:18 pm

genelec and memphis reigns Pictures, Images and Photos

Anyone (besides me) heard this one?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:20 pm

An album that's impossible to find. I've been wanting this for the longest now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:20 pm

Wayne wrote:
Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Truthcover

It's a really dope album. 4.5 stars, my 2nd fav from Bro Ali.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:21 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:
Purple Haze wrote:

Check it out or sample it. I think its worth it. I bought the album based off a guest appearance he had on another album.

Yeah, it's on my wishlist and I'll get to it one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
An album that's impossible to find. I've been wanting this for the longest now.

Have you heard it though? I fell in love with it instantly. (Though I had to cheat and download it).

You were the one that said I'd like Mega Ran, right? I listened to Random - Mega Ran v.1.3. That shit is dope!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:28 pm

Nah, I've read glowing reviews about the album a while back. I heard a couple songs and loved them though.

And yeah, Mega Ran is dope. I don't have Mega Ran v. 1.3 though, only the one he just did with K-Murdock. I'm gonna cop more of his albums soon, loving the video game concept.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:31 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Nah, I've read glowing reviews about the album a while back. I heard a couple songs and loved them though.

And yeah, Mega Ran is dope. I don't have Mega Ran v. 1.3 though, only the one he just did with K-Murdock. I'm gonna cop more of his albums soon, loving the video game concept.

Same here. Mega Ran v.1.3 is more MegaMan goodness. It's only like $10 on UGHH.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 8:19 pm

Has anyone heard either of the Shabazz Palaces albums? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:47 pm

Purp, you got dope taste in hip hop...lol

I copped both Shabazz Palaces' EPs and I dig them both. Don't be expecting the Digital Planets sound on these, because the beats aren't that jazzy, it's very abstract and experimental. El-p ish kinda. Ish goes hard on these EPs, no flower powder type shit here. I highly suggest you try before you buy though, it might be too abstract and out there. I can see Parker, Trotter, Halfy, and Jason digging these EPs though. Dope lyrics, weird, abstract beats.

You should read the reviews on both EPs at RapReviews.com. They'll give you a better, more in depth description of the album than I could offer.

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 7:26 pm

Wayne wrote:
Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 BlueCollarAlbumCover

Good album, it was obviously geared for a commercial release but it wasn't given the final push it needed.

I guess you could call it working man and everyday life hip-hop. It's a darn shame too.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Purp, you got dope taste in hip hop...lol

I copped both Shabazz Palaces' EPs and I dig them both. Don't be expecting the Digital Planets sound on these, because the beats aren't that jazzy, it's very abstract and experimental. El-p ish kinda. Ish goes hard on these EPs, no flower powder type shit here. I highly suggest you try before you buy though, it might be too abstract and out there. I can see Parker, Trotter, Halfy, and Jason digging these EPs though. Dope lyrics, weird, abstract beats.

You should read the reviews on both EPs at RapReviews.com. They'll give you a better, more in depth description of the album than I could offer.

Preshate that.

Yeah I heard some songs (from both) and it doesn't sound too abstract for me but it does push the limits...lol. I really need to give them a solid listen still though.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

Has anyone heard "Go Head" by Iomas Marad. I copped Deep Rooted and it was tight so I ordered this online blind. Still waiting for it to come in though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have You Heard This CD?   Have You Heard This CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have You Heard This CD?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2