Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu

Go down 
+6
Shaun
D.Powell
Justin Linker
TheHazardous
Laced With Slang
Highsmith
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang, with all due respect, Bone is a lot more multiplat than Wu and WTF was a double disc so count those sales in half.

thats fine, but multiplat is still multiplat, thats all i was responding to. Collectively (group and solo) Wu Tang has sold over 40 million (probably more) worldwide. I think people forget the international sales far too often. I mean ive been to places like Croatia and Italy and have actually seen the W graffitied more times than you'd expect.

Really? 40 million? With 9 members? In almost 20 years? That's a fucking accomplishment. Oh wait...no it's not. No, it's really REALLY not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

Shaking My Head bone has 5 and been around just as long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 7:23 pm

That's half, brother.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 7:24 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang, with all due respect, Bone is a lot more multiplat than Wu and WTF was a double disc so count those sales in half.

thats fine, but multiplat is still multiplat, thats all i was responding to. Collectively (group and solo) Wu Tang has sold over 40 million (probably more) worldwide. I think people forget the international sales far too often. I mean ive been to places like Croatia and Italy and have actually seen the W graffitied more times than you'd expect.

Really? 40 million? With 9 members? In almost 20 years? That's a fucking accomplishment. Oh wait...no it's not. No, it's really REALLY not.

lol, if thats not an accomplishment i dont know what is man. if you do the math and split it 9 ways and then figure the label takes most of it they are still walking away with lifetime of earnings of at least 15 millions dollars. Not to mention Wu Wear, the PS1 video game, and other guest work, etc. If 15 million dollars isnt an accomplishment to you you must be really filthy rich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:10 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

lol, if thats not an accomplishment i dont know what is man. if you do the math and split it 9 ways and then figure the label takes most of it they are still walking away with lifetime of earnings of at least 15 millions dollars. Not to mention Wu Wear, the PS1 video game, and other guest work, etc. If 15 million dollars isnt an accomplishment to you you must be really filthy rich.

You do realize the amount of money isn't my point at all, right?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:17 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

You do realize the amount of money isn't my point at all, right?

how do you measure success objectively then? they have tons of fans worldwide, made money for themselves, id say they were successful and accomplished a lot in their lives, so has Bone. Im not arguing with you about Bone im just saying you need to recognize everything Wu HAS accomplished
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:21 pm

I recognize everything Wu has accomplished. I'm just saying ya'll ride the nuts of one coast...and need to expand your horizons. It especially bothers me that some one from the Midwest big ups another region so fucking much and sleeps on everything that comes out of where he's from.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

i see. Have you got the new Esham yet? im planning on getting it theres a Best Buy about 25 mins from me that has it right now for 11.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:24 pm

I ordered it, have not gotten it, but d/led it. I'm going to peep it now.

The whole thing is with a band...so take that into heavy consideration. But he does sound more focused than he has in years IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

Wouldn't the more accurate wa to compare Bone and Wu be to count the group and solo albums each crew has released and find out what their per album average is? I couldn't care less either way cause i LOVE both crews, but it does seem somewhat reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:27 pm

ahh ill take that into consideration. Id say im a sporadic Esham fan, the last album ive heard in full was Tongues and ive heard a hanful of tracks off Repentance, i figured ill give this one a shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:28 pm

I'll let you know if this is dope. I'm not a HUGE Esham fan for the record.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 9:29 pm

"not even Bone is on their respective levels"
10+ million sold in the US is nothing to sneer at. International numbers, unknown to me. When any award show starts to talking about top tier level groups it would be a travesty not to mention them.

And for all the praise Mobb gets it fails to translate financially. How is that top tier performance. Mobb is just as regional as UGK and their sales reflect that. I didn't really hear Mobb until college just like my non-Southern homies didn't really hear UGK until college. Why because they were regional successes. UGK overall discog is stronger. 'Kast and Gang Starr too. A lot of folks screaming Mobb is tight but why ain't the dough dropping and this is pre-Napster? UGK has dropped no duds if you want to talk about quality. UGK has just as many classics and no foibles. What else do you need?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 10:31 pm

The last Mobb Deep CD was Blood Money...a bonafide coaster.

Wu
The Roots
NWA
Run DMC
Tribe
Geto Boys
UGK
PE
Outkast

Choose 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
"not even Bone is on their respective levels"
10+ million sold in the US is nothing to sneer at. International numbers, unknown to me. When any award show starts to talking about top tier level groups it would be a travesty not to mention them.

And for all the praise Mobb gets it fails to translate financially. How is that top tier performance. Mobb is just as regional as UGK and their sales reflect that. I didn't really hear Mobb until college just like my non-Southern homies didn't really hear UGK until college. Why because they were regional successes. UGK overall discog is stronger. 'Kast and Gang Starr too. A lot of folks screaming Mobb is tight but why ain't the dough dropping and this is pre-Napster? UGK has dropped no duds if you want to talk about quality. UGK has just as many classics and no foibles. What else do you need?

indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Mobb ain't regional.

Y'all white n scared of gangstas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Steve wrote:
Mobb ain't regional.

Gangstas? Sure. Ballerinas with sickle cell? Not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

Shaking My Head he never was a ballerina. And having sickle cell means you aint gangsta? Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

Steve wrote:
Shaking My Head he never was a ballerina. And having sickle cell means you aint gangsta? Shaking My Head

Yes he was, I got the pictures, I seent em. And I could snuff P. No gangsta there.

Props to an athiest rapper, though. I like Mobb Deep, but GROAT they ain't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:37 am

Steve wrote:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4SRT2p6k9-gJ:hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/index2.php3%3Fpage%3Dpics+prodigy+ballerin&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

there are the pics jay showed. he danced as kid. big deal.

If you went to school with that fruity motherfucker, you would mock him and beat his ass.

If KJ went to school with him, he'd probably ask him out.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:25 am

SuperChronFlight Bros. Sure they came up through the internet but they 5 solid albums already. OK too underground? OK Id say The Roots will smoke them
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:27 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Steve wrote:
Truth

Lies. Outkast, Cunninglynguists, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Dogg Pound, Dayton Family, Facemob, Geto Boys, Top Authority, Hot Boys, among others all top Mobb Deep and Wu. Though those two are dope IMO.

HAHAHA Im surpried you didn't mention the 504 Boys
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:29 am

Steve wrote:
Mobb ain't regional.

Watch it, Steve. this place has gotten a lot more emo since you left
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:45 am

what the fuck matter does it make who's better than whom...

mobb dick riders will ALWAYS ride mobb dick, vis-a-vis wu dick riders...

imo mobb aint touching wu in this decade or the next or the last..

reason: i like wu, not so much mobb, simple, not because they sell more, or cos they not ballerinas, or cos they from some region, whatever whatever whatever, purely cos I like their sound more...

you all sound like woman with wet panties sometimes... Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 60606
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:58 am

Sinj wrote:
what the fuck matter does it make who's better than whom...

mobb dick riders will ALWAYS ride mobb dick, vis-a-vis wu dick riders...

imo mobb aint touching wu in this decade or the next or the last..

reason: i like wu, not so much mobb, simple, not because they sell more, or cos they not ballerinas, or cos they from some region, whatever whatever whatever, purely cos I like their sound more...

you all sound like woman with wet panties sometimes... Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 60606

This much is true...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

I go away for a few days and miss hilarious threads like this....damn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu   Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobb Deep is better than any hip-hop group other than Wu
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2