Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.I.A. Albums Day 15

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 10:08 am

Today I display another comp album that I knew nothing about. I didn't hear of it until I went to that Bro Ali show back in May. This came out fall of last year and i'm glad I got my hands on it. The album cover is gay and the name sucks but the music is real good. I bought this blindly the day of the show just because Ali and Face got a song together on here. Now I think that song is no where near the best trk on the album. Nice range of guest like Black Thought, Raekwon, Blueprint, I Self Divine, Slug, and a lot others.

M.I.A. Albums Day 15 0

I'll post some trks later.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 11:01 am

This album is dope as fuck, man. I try to put people onto it as much as possible. This one and White Van Music were both excellent compilation albums put out by Rhymesayers. I like the whole Brazilian theme with the beats and the skits, it blends well into hip hop. Gittit and American Nightmare are really the only tracks that fall a little short, IMO. They were just ok. Everything else was the shizzle.

My favorites
Mega feat. Haiku D Etat
Here I Am feat. Phonte, Brother Ali, The Grouch
Philly Boy feat. Black Thought
Blood Drive feat. Slug
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 11:27 am

I still haven't checked this one out... I think I saw it for pretty cheap the other day, so if it's still there, I'll go pick it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Yeah they half stepped imo on that American Nightmare trk. Face verse did not even fit the subject from what I remember and the beat sounded like a interlude/intro beat or some shit. I was real disappointed with that trk. I'm glad the rest of the album made up for it though.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 12:05 pm

Never heard
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 12:07 pm

I got it at 3.75-4.0 stars. It's solid but slightly forgettable, and it lacks the signature sound and staying power of White Van Music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 12:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I got it at 3.75-4.0 stars. It's solid but slightly forgettable, and it lacks the signature sound and staying power of White Van Music.

I agree.....I got it at around the same rating.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Thats fair. I would also rate WVM higher at 4.25. It had more stand out joints.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

4 stars. I can see the forgettable part though. The collaborations are tight and the album is saved by some nice standouts. All in all, it feels like a collection of cuts more than a cohesive album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 15   M.I.A. Albums Day 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Albums Day 15
Page 1 of 1