Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical

Go down 
+7
Alan
D.Powell
J. Harris
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
E. Taylor
Half
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Empty
PostSubject: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 1:52 pm

is one of the most dissapointing albums in recent history.

Tru comes through with the beats. All of them are solid with 3-4 pure bangers, but KRS ONe completely sucks on the entire album. He's an unfocused babbling mess. Reminds me of Lil' Flip on his worst day, just freestyling random shit and not making sense.

I'm sure stans like KJ will come in here to defend him even before they hear the album, and they will probably defend the wackness that is the album too, but this is truely a dissapointing CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

Called it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 3:54 pm

I havent heard the album but srp read the lyrics to me after he tucked me in so I know they fucking suck
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 7:07 pm

If this is true then KRS may need to just go ahead and hang it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

He's been terrible for quite a few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

I just wish he would have shown some focus and effort on here. Would have been one of his best albums ever given the production. He's just all over the place, even within individual tracks.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I just wish he would have shown some focus and effort on here. Would have been one of his best albums ever given the production. He's just all over the place, even within individual tracks.

hmm so your saying the production is good, for that im gonna buy this but im kinda disappointed in KRS not bringing it. If thats the case i wish True would have saved these beats for someone else

how is the song ft. RZA?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:39 pm

weak.

KRS doesn't deserve these beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:47 pm

KRS gets murked by True Master on He's Us. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

Steve wrote:
KRS gets murked by True Master on He's Us. LOL

Yeah he does actually. I thought that was ridiculous... murked by a non rapping producer
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 9:53 pm

People who have heard Survival Skills should not be surprised if KRS fucks up this album too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:36 pm

Pedro, you never liked KRS to begin with so taking your rec on him would be like taking mine on someone like E-40. You're simply a hater, and anybody who takes what you say about him seriously is a damn fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm

It's probably a 3.25 star album KJ, you will rate it around 4 or so tho, so def check it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

Steve wrote:
It's probably a 3.25 star album KJ, you will rate it around 4 or so tho, so def check it.

Unless you're a fellow hater, then how do you know it's 3.25? You sound as if you haven't listened to him since his self titled solo album. He's made dope music since then (most notably Adventures Of Emceein)

Is he what he used to be? no. If you hold him to those standards then you're bound to be disappointed. But he's far from wack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:44 pm

Like I said KJ, you are a stan so you are defending this before you even heard it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

Because I fucking downloaded it maybe?

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Like I said KJ, you are a stan so you are defending this before you even heard it.

There have been a few KRS albums that I didn't like, but my point is that you've never liked him so you're the wrong person to judge his music. If you weren't feelin the BDP albums, then of course you're not gonna like his recent stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

Unless you're a fellow hater, then how do you know it's 3.25? You sound as if you haven't listened to him since his self titled solo album. He's made dope music since then (most notably Adventures Of Emceein)

Is he what he used to be? no. If you hold him to those standards then you're bound to be disappointed. But he's far from wack.

There was flat out wackness on Survival Skills. I'd think you'd be willing to admit that. I forgot what song it's on, but that 8 bar "freestyle" was straight fucking garbage. I'd rather listen to MC Karl Rove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

There have been a few KRS albums that I didn't like, but my point is that you've never liked him so you're the wrong person to judge his music. If you weren't feelin the BDP albums, then of course you're not gonna like his recent stuff.

See, that's when you talk out of your ass. I like some BDP and some KRS solo material. Just because I don't slob on the man's nob doesn't make me a hater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

See, that's when you talk out of your ass. I like some BDP and some KRS solo material. Just because I don't slob on the man's nob doesn't make me a hater.

Bullshit! Damn near every word I've ever heard come out of your mouth about him has been negative. You can't even lie convincingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:38 pm

Like I said, you are throwing a hissy fit before you even hear the album. I didn't waste 30 minutes of my life listening to this because I am a hater. I was hoping for some dope music to cop. But this is one of KRS' weakest efforts ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

Whatever man, it's no secret that you've never been a KRS fan. I could pull up some posts with you dissing him but I don't feel like it. I'll just download the album and judge it for myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:54 pm

That's all we ask - for you to actually listen to something before you defend. Even if someone was a complete hater - if they still hated to different degrees you could get a useful gauge of the quality of what they are hating.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 1:59 am

Too much preaching on this album. Nothing was even remotely interesting really. He's been saying the same shit over and over on each album. How many times do we have to hear him blabbing about how hip hop he is? The beats are fire though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

Can someone PM me a link? I can't find one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:50 am

T. Myers wrote:
People who have heard Survival Skills should not be surprised if KRS fucks up this album too.

How was that Survival Skills album?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

How was that Survival Skills album?

I'm not crazy about it cause KRS doesn't bring his A game. Buckshot does his thing though so if you're a big Buckshot fan, which i am not, you may like it more than i do. I know KJ and Powell are bigger Buckshot fans than i am, and they both like it more than i do.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 7:52 am

This new album by True Master and Kris has a few good moments but overall neither one of them brings their A game IMO...both the beats and lyrics are lacking

there is no way these are some of True Master's best beats because a bunch of these put me to sleep and Kris is just spitting the same old shit he's been saying for too long and he needs some updated subject matter.....I was pretty disappointed with him on this effort...it's like he just said "Fuck It" and threw together some of his old lyrics from some hidden notebooks and then got True Master to put on some of his most mediorce to sub par beats and said let's make a couple of dollars....this one is that disappointing from both dudes...

I would give it 2.75 stars...a below average effort from both gentlemen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:17 am

D.Powell wrote:
This new album by True Master and Kris has a few good moments but overall neither one of them brings their A game IMO...both the beats and lyrics are lacking

there is no way these are some of True Master's best beats because a bunch of these put me to sleep and Kris is just spitting the same old shit he's been saying for too long and he needs some updated subject matter.....I was pretty disappointed with him on this effort...it's like he just said "Fuck It" and threw together some of his old lyrics from some hidden notebooks and then got True Master to put on some of his most mediorce to sub par beats and said let's make a couple of dollars....this one is that disappointing from both dudes...

I would give it 2.75 stars...a below average effort from both gentlemen!

Shaking My Head I was looking forward to this one. I was just waiting for one person to say it was alright (i thought it might be you or KJ) and I was gonna buy it. Have you heard Back To The L.A.B.?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 6:36 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Gotta agree here. KRS is one of my all time favorites, but I did not enjoy hardly any of his work on Survival Skills....disappointing but unsurprising if this turned out the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 6:40 pm

Alan how'd you like those two albums I sent you?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:32 pm

Jeff wrote:

You know, I think I replied to you about them in another thread, but I can't remember where that was. Either way, both albums are dope. Maxilla Blue is the one I like more now...they're from Iowa right? Good stuff. Soulcrate Music (Iowa too?) was good as well, but some of the production/feel of some songs rubbed me the wrong way...or seemed too soft at times to me. Both are nice recommendations though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

We do have a private messaging system for this type of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:11 pm

Alan wrote:
Jeff wrote:

You know, I think I replied to you about them in another thread, but I can't remember where that was. Either way, both albums are dope. Maxilla Blue is the one I like more now...they're from Iowa right? Good stuff. Soulcrate Music (Iowa too?) was good as well, but some of the production/feel of some songs rubbed me the wrong way...or seemed too soft at times to me. Both are nice recommendations though...

Maxilla Blue is from Des Moines (though producer Aeon Grey JUST moved to Cali) and Soulcrate Music is from Colorado (or maybe South Dakota) but were at one point based in Des Moines, and now KC. If you want anymore material by Maxilla let me know.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:13 pm

N3R0, there is already enough wack shit to talk about in this thread. We don't need you bringing in outside wack shit. Thanks, that is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:16 pm

See, if you'd actually checked out either of those albums you could talk. But since you haven't and every person that peeped Maxilla Blue liked it...you should stop talking about something you know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:50 am

Come on guys. The album was alright. Not his best, but definately not his worst. I too am a little disappointed in Kris for letting the beats carry him. The opening track is a banger and very harsh lyrics as are some of the other tracks (I also liked the track with RZA). He could have done without the skits, or at least changed up the background music.

But I have it ranked between I Got Next and Kristyles (3.75 stars). I thought it was a solid effort (beatwise and to an extent, lyricwise)
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 9:56 am

2.75 for me....I'm not sure how you have this album anywhere near Krisstyles which a decent effort by Kris (3.75)....I Got Next was (3.50), both of those are much better than this one....this one was just tired and lazy IMO....both gentlemen were tired and lazy on this project IMO
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:34 am

Sad but I think even us hardcore BDP fans see KRS as mediocre now. I don't think Tru Master, even RZA or Premo could help too much anymore. He is still a must-see live but the charisma and authenticity no longer carries over to his albums.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 4:45 pm

"Sad but I think even us hardcore BDP fans see KRS as mediocre now. "

KJ and Powell are going to say you don't know anything about hip hop for saying that..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 6:44 pm

MacK Blades wrote:
Sad but I think even us hardcore BDP fans see KRS as mediocre now.

Speak for yourself. That said, even if KRS never drops another great album again he's still one of the best that ever picked up a mic.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:06 pm

Dude had the late 80's & early 90's locked down. Kris dosen't have anything to prove anymore. He's just doing it for the love of the game. I doubt if he even cares if he ever sells another album. Kris is on top of his game during live shows. Dude performs for a straight 2 hours with no breaks and his freestyles are sick.

KRS has to be the best freestyler in the game. No one can even see Kris on that front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:12 pm

All the freestyles I've seen KRS do are as wack as his latest albums... don't see how anyone finds any talent in him regurgitating the same shit and calling it a "freestyle" - supernat would murder KRS in freestyles... so would JUICE and a ton of other emcees
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:13 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Steve wrote:

Adventures in Emceein' was one of the best albums of 2008 IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

Metahistorical is still better then I am the West. Now there's a kat that should hang up the mic.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 9:59 pm

I have this album at a generous 3.0.

Although KRS is my GOAT, I really didn't enjoy all the tracks on this album, but I do agree that he isn't doing music for the shine its definitely more for the love and the art, so at times his lyrics might come off as lack luster and bland...

Peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:03 pm

How old is MBRz?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm

RHHWND wrote:
Metahistorical is still better then I am the West. Now there's a kat that should hang up the mic.

lmao... that's just preference and bias talking. Cube has nothing to do with the convo, but other than some misguided pop efforts, cube is lyrically murdering kris at this point his his career and has had a better overall career.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
RHHWND wrote:

lmao... that's just preference and bias talking. Cube has nothing to do with the convo, but other than some misguided pop efforts, cube is lyrically murdering kris at this point his his career and has had a better overall career.

Kris was kinda wack on this album but let's not get it twisted...Cube has NOT had the better OVERALL career over Kris IMO...they have both had missteps throughout their long careers but I think that Kris OVERALL has had the stronger music career at least IN MY OPINION he has! both of these guys are all-time GREATS though and quite easily!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 3:06 pm

I can see Kris and Cube being compared to an extent career wise. But I feel Cube had more highs than Krs easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next