Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye revisited

Go down 
+5
Wanduras
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
Highsmith
Funk Seoul Brother
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 8:40 pm

As of this posting, I just got finished bumping The College Dropout (just gave it 5 stars after having it at 4.5 for the longest time) and Late Registration (on the verge of 5 stars), and I'm about to bump Graduation soon. I know I'm a long time fan and all and he's in my top 5 of favorite producers, but I'm liking this guy on every listen and the anticipation (in my view) for his new album is growing by the minute. So, with that being said, what are your thoughts (new and old) on his first three albums?

Kanye revisited Kanye+west_855_18673528_0_0_7008133_300
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm

Aside from Late Registration...I haven't been impressed.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm

College Dropout is my favorite. Late Registration was cool and Graduation was Ok. On another note, I am liking the G.O.O.D. Friday downloads. Okayplayer has the Power (Remix), Monster, Lord Lord Lord, G.O.O.D. Friday and So Appalled.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 2:32 am

His albums go in descending order for me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 2:34 am

Guilty wrote:
His albums go in descending order for me.

Me too, but the drop on Graduation is astounding. Total garbage...I don't understand how anyone likes that album.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 2:37 am

There are a few standout cuts, but yeah overall I agree. I'm not anticipating this album at all.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 10:04 am

One of the most influential and better emcees/producers of the decade. Hate him or love him Ye is a force in the game.

College Dropout- 5
Late Registration- 4.75
Graduation- 4.25-4.5

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 11:14 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
One of the most influential and better emcees/producers of the decade. Hate him or love him Ye is a force in the game.

College Dropout- 5
Late Registration- 4.75
Graduation- 4.25-4.5

please take the word emcee out of that statement
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 2:32 pm

It's REALLY easy to hate Kanye. He gives you so many reasons. I ignore all the media bullshit and rate him on just the music. His first two are classics, Graduation is ok, 808's is bile. I'll still peep his new shit but I don't expect much.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:15 pm

none of his albums are classic to me

his first two are dope, after that i never spin...i rarely spin his first two even, not saying there not good b/c theyre both real good just dont have too much replay value
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:40 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Well said.

I couldn't agree more. His first two are classics and Graduation is 4 stars IMO. He's not an elite MC but he's not a wack one either.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
none of his albums are classic to me

his first two are dope, after that i never spin...i rarely spin his first two even, not saying there not good b/c theyre both real good just dont have too much replay value

Pretty much my take on Ye as well. I love the guy as a producer, but his rhymes do leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone calling this classic doesn't require much from their favorites as far as lyrics go...or they have small brains. In my humble opinion...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 8:01 pm

Late Registration
College Dropout
Graduation
(didn't fuck with 808s)
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 9:17 pm

Norfeest wrote:

Pretty much my take on Ye as well. I love the guy as a producer, but his rhymes do leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone calling this classic doesn't require much from their favorites as far as lyrics go...or they have small brains. In my humble opinion...

Let the flamewar commence! He He
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 10:24 pm

College Dropout-4.75
Late Registration-4.5
Graduation-3.75

I can't stand the man honestly, but I can't hate on his music. I never checked for 808's either.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
College Dropout-4.75
Late Registration-4.5
Graduation-3.75

I can't stand the man honestly, but I can't hate on his music. I never checked for 808's either.

Yep, I've passed on 808's also, even though I started a thread on whether I should buy that album or not, lol.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:46 am

lol...has anyone here actually purchased 808's? That shit was barely worth a download.

All the beats from his new shit (that I've heard) have been fire, though...
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:31 am

There's no denying Kanye's talent (as a producer) but I can't personally rate any of his albums as classic. Although its not hard to see where people who do are coming from.

College Dropout-4.5
Late Registration-4
Graduation-3.5-3.75

I don't recognize 808s. That shit don't exist to me ( kinda like Rocky V).
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:53 am

Purple Haze wrote:

I don't recognize 808s. That shit don't exist to me ( kinda like Rocky V).

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:56 am

Norfeest wrote:

Choosing classics has nothing to do with intelligence. It's all opinions. Hip Hop isn't a fuckin math problem. They're artists, not doctors.
Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:30 pm

Norfeest wrote:
lol...has anyone here actually purchased 808's? That shit was barely worth a download.

All the beats from his new shit (that I've heard) have been fire, though...

Yes indeed.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:08 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Choosing classics has nothing to do with intelligence. It's all opinions. Hip Hop isn't a fuckin math problem. They're artists, not doctors.

Well, let me ask you this, Captain Obvious.

What part of "In my humble opinion" did you miss or have trouble with?

Must be hard to detect sarcasm from way up there on that soap box...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 10:14 am

lmao ^
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 9:44 am

Norfeest wrote:
Wanduras wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Well, let me ask you this, Captain Obvious.

What part of "In my humble opinion" did you miss or have trouble with?

Must be hard to detect sarcasm from way up there on that soap box...

Lol, touche, fucker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kanye revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye revisited   Kanye revisited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kanye revisited
Page 1 of 1