Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mixtapes revisited

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mixtapes revisited Empty
PostSubject: Mixtapes revisited   Mixtapes revisited Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:04 pm

What are your thoughts on the somewhat domination of mixtapes (official or otherwise) in hip hop today? Do you think it's an "oversaturation" or it's something that's needed? Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Mixtapes revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixtapes revisited   Mixtapes revisited Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:39 pm

I think the limit should be 3 unless you spitting straight fire.

But I do believe it's reached the oversaturation point in general. However it is still needed. I've liked Royce's. But always wait for feedback before touch another's. Certain mixtape King's you are willing to check for because they have good quality control like Kayslay and Drama.

But if a respected artist nor DJ is on it then I let it drop unless I hear a lot of positive feedback. The mixtape makers need to keep it somewhat exclusive otherwise it's diluted and you're just like everybody else. You can have a few artists on that cop spots through nepotism but I don't want a compilation of Lil Whatever, Bang Em Shawty, and Skidrow Baby.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Mixtapes revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixtapes revisited   Mixtapes revisited Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 3:08 am

I don't mind mixtapes that are officially pressed. I like most ish that trys to be lyrical, so I don't mind rappers spittin' over released beats. I know Jeff hates that stuff, I like it, most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixtapes revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixtapes revisited   Mixtapes revisited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixtapes revisited
Page 1 of 1