Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)

Go down 
+5
TheHazardous
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
Shaun
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:49 pm

Half wrote:
I kinda miss Rap City The Bassment

Same here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:51 pm

Since it was actually "top 10 producers turned rappers" the list makes a little more sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:51 pm

Half wrote:

Rap City is another show that declined in quality when the hip-hop scene went south. Then when Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom, the whole channel sucked altogether.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:

Rap City is another show that declined in quality when the hip-hop scene went south. Then when Bob Johnson sold BET to Viacom, the whole channel sucked altogether.

Thats some bullshit KJ and you know it. RC started sucking when Tigger left and they stopped caring about who hosted. Also the label posse movement was the big thing in hip hop so it took the spotlight off a lot of the individual artist. It became more about movements and collectives.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:15 pm

Wtf, where the hell is DJ Quik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:18 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:

Thats some bullshit KJ and you know it. RC started sucking when Tigger left and they stopped caring about who hosted. Also the label posse movement was the big thing in hip hop so it took the spotlight off a lot of the individual artist. It became more about movements and collectives.

I did go down in quality when Tigger left, I cosign with that.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:20 pm

Yeah Tigger was cool. I stopped watching the moment they changed hosts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:22 pm

Half wrote:
Yeah Tigger was cool. I stopped watching the moment they changed hosts.

Same here. It took me a while to get used to Tigger after the previous hosts.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 10:03 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Since it was actually "top 10 producers turned rappers" the list makes a little more sense.

That does change the whole scope of the article. If it were just a list of rapper/producers it would have been much different. Doom would def have to top that list. I would also have to vote for Havoc and Pimp-C (RIP).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 2:14 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:

It's not BS Kev. When Tigger left RC the other guy wasn't as good but it was still cool because they still had the booth freestyles (which was my favorite part of the show). But hip-hop as a whole started to suck, and then the Viacom thing made both RC and 106 completely unwatchable.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:40 am

A lot of Rap City talk in here and no mention of Joe Cleezy!!??!! I liked Tigg hosting but Joe put that show on the map, the segments and interviews were never watered down or over glamourized. Now I see him doing cereal and insurance commercials...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:02 am

Wayne wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I doubt anyone at XXL even knows who Doom is... lol

They probably don't.

Seriously? They put Tech N9ne in every other magazine these days and they don't know who DOOM is? Are you paying attention? The whole Ego Trip staff used to work there and they were all HUGE KMD fans. They put people in the magazine people are familiar with because that's who sells magazines, not DOOM. We're all rap nerds, not the norm. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:42 am

Pshhh, maybe ur a nerd...lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 4:37 pm

smh. I was joking, N3R0. Unless that was directed at Weezy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 7:36 pm

Blades wrote:
A lot of Rap City talk in here and no mention of Joe Cleezy!!??!! I liked Tigg hosting but Joe put that show on the map, the segments and interviews were never watered down or over glamourized. Now I see him doing cereal and insurance commercials...

Joe Clair>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)   Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Ten best producers on the mic (according to XXL)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2