Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)

Go down 
+5
Justin Linker
D.Powell
parker lewis
T. Myers
Alan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_lcap6%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Top 100
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_lcap47%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Neither
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_lcap47%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Empty
PostSubject: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:14 am

Doug E. Fresh
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:39 am

Top 100 for "Oh, My God!" and "The World's Greatest Entertainer" alone.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:02 am

Man, this is tough. Doug E. Fresh is an unquestioned legend, and he should be treated as such. He is probably one of the top 100 most important hip hop acts, but he's not in my top 100 most listened to acts. he is a neither for me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:20 am

T. Myers wrote:
Man, this is tough. Doug E. Fresh is an unquestioned legend, and he should be treated as such. He is probably one of the top 100 most important hip hop acts, but he's not in my top 100 most listened to acts. he is a neither for me.

My deal was that he only has the two worthwhile solos. However, both albums are 100% classic to me, so I had to put him in based on that.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:23 am

Not as tough a decision as the Fat Boys. Doug just had alot more talent on the mic and as beatbox.

I would even call him top 50.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:59 am

Doug E. Fresh is almost a top 50 talent in hip-hop but he's mos def top 100 easily

this man has meant so much to hip-hop culture it's just crazy

from being one of the first to feature the New Jack Swing

to bringing out Slick Rick

to creating all-time classics...The Show, Lodi Dodi, Rising To The Top, Aight and many many more, I mean these are timeless songs

if your voting neither on him, then go study the culture you claim you love so damn much and then holla back because your fuckin clueless as usual....lol

top 100 easily
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:02 am

D.Powell wrote:
Doug E. Fresh is almost a top 50 talent in hip-hop but he's mos def top 100 easily

this man has meant so much to hip-hop culture it's just crazy

from being one of the first to feature the New Jack Swing

to bringing out Slick Rick

to creating all-time classics...The Show, Lodi Dodi, Rising To The Top, Aight and many many more, I mean these are timeless songs

if your voting neither on him, then go study the culture you claim you love so damn much and then holla back because your fuckin clueless as usual....lol

top 100 easily

nah, i'm not clueless at all. I gave the man the love and respect that he deserves, but he doesn't fit my criteria. i've been voting based on who i listen to the most, and Doug E. Fresh doesn't get that many spins from me.

Last edited by T. Myers on Tue 23 Jun 2009, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

I voted Neither because I never really enjoyed his music really except for a few singles and he does not have a bonafied classic maybe a local classic. I will say this if you have never been to a Doug E Fresh show you must try to see one because on his stage show alone I almost voted him in the top 50.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:05 am

Terry, TOP 100 EASILY, go study more my dude, I'm sure there are many in the top 100 that don't get spins from Terry Myers....so what, that doesn't change their status man..the real LEGENDS get in and he's one of them IMO!

top 100 easily IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:13 am

D.Powell wrote:
Terry, TOP 100 EASILY, go study more my dude, I'm sure there are many in the top 100 that don't get spins from Terry Myers....so what, that doesn't change their status man..the real LEGENDS get in and he's one of them IMO!

top 100 easily IMO!

I don't need to study more. For all the knowledge you have about old school NY hip hop, you are severely lacking EVERYWHERE else. so practice what you preach.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:14 am

KRob86 wrote:
I voted Neither because I never really enjoyed his music really except for a few singles and he does not have a bonafied classic maybe a local classic. I will say this if you have never been to a Doug E Fresh show you must try to see one because on his stage show alone I almost voted him in the top 50.

Umm Kev Lodi Dodi is hardly "local" my dude..LMAO! what are you talking about?? Snoop Dogg remade that one on "Doggystyle"

The Show is hardly a "local" classic and neither is "Rising To The Top", "Cut That Zero", "Aight", I mean I'm not sure where your going with this one trying to justify that neither vote cause it's not working man

I'd rather you just say I'm not really familiar with Doug like that and that's why I voted neither..cause that's not making any sense right now man, no disrespect, but this is real talk..
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:17 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

top 100 easily IMO!

I don't need to study more. For all the knowledge you have about old school NY hip hop, you are severely lacking EVERYWHERE else. so practice what you preach.

you sound like a woman mad at her husband Terry..lol

stop being so girly man....you don't know Doug and your pissed off at me?? I've got plenty of knowledge on hip-hop my dude, shit you can't buy my dude...okay I need to work on my knowledge of EL-P (whom I've been listening to over the last 2 days and I'm not all that impressed yet) and Gift Of Gab (completely overrated and loves cornbread) maybe Tech Nine (another NON-Legend)

Terry go study and shut the fuck up...lmao!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

Tech N9ne is a legend and the best selling independent hip hop artist of all time, good try though douchebag. Hows about you study up before you stick your wrinkled ass foot in your mouth and accidentally kick out your dentures. Of course you're not impressed by El-P, he's NEW.

And what the fuck is wrong with loving cornbread?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:28 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

top 100 easily IMO!

you sound like a woman mad at her husband Terry..lol

stop being so girly man....you don't know Doug and your pissed off at me?? I've got plenty of knowledge on hip-hop my dude, shit you can't buy my dude...okay I need to work on my knowledge of EL-P (whom I've been listening to over the last 2 days and I'm not all that impressed yet) and Gift Of Gab (completely overrated and loves cornbread) maybe Tech Nine (another NON-Legend)

Terry go study and shut the fuck up...lmao!

wow, Powell is calling people names. What's next? will water be wet? will the sun set this evening? First and foremost. I never called you out on those artists. However, you have a complex where you think you know everything. When someone questions that, you pretend to give their artist a chance, but honestly, that artist never had a chance to begin with. I think you vote neither for dudes like Tech solely because SRP and N3R0 are his fans. You conitinue to say "this is only my opinion", but you have absolutely no respect for the opinions of others. For some unknown reason, you continue to bash Jason for liking Blazing Arrow as much as Illmatic. I guess that is just your way of respecting his opinion, right?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:31 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Tech N9ne is a legend and the best selling independent hip hop artist of all time, good try though douchebag. Hows about you study up before you stick your wrinkled ass foot in your mouth and accidentally kick out your dentures. Of course you're not impressed by El-P, he's NEW.

I love cornbread too lil man, EL-P is not that impressive to me, but I grew up on REAL HIP-HOP, something your extra small ass knows nothing about clueless boy...

Tech Nine is an above average lyricist and that's it.....stop acting like he's the next KRS-One...You WISH lil boy just like you wanted that new bike for Xmas and didn't get it...

He is NOT a LEGEND stupid....LMAO

ya'll motherfuckers will call anyone a fuckin legend, I guess Haystak is too right motherfucker??? LMAOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:34 am

Terry I always vote and give MY opinion, I never go by what heads on this forum feel about something which is why my opinion is always questioned, because it is truly my opinion, I'm not following trends, I give my honest opinion on shit and rub everyone on here the wrong way and don't give a fuck that I do...that's real talk!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:38 am

D.Powell wrote:
Terry I always vote and give MY opinion, I never go by what heads on this forum feel about something which is why my opinion is always questioned, because it is truly my opinion, I'm not following trends, I give my honest opinion on shit and rub everyone on here the wrong way and don't give a fuck that I do...that's real talk!

Do you honestly think you rub me the wrong way? the fact is i don't spin Doug E. Fresh records that much, and that has been the largest barometer for my voting. If i was merely giving a universal top 100, Doug E. Fresh would make it with ease.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:40 am

I'm not referring to you in particular, but most of the followers on this forum, I love this forum but for the most part I notice a lot of following going on here, I hear you about Doug man, if that's how you really feel then so be it, I totally disagree but it is what it is....I feel that Doug is almost top 50, with that talent he has...but mos def is top 100 easily!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:44 am

D.Powell wrote:
I'm not referring to you in particular, but most of the followers on this forum, I love this forum but for the most part I notice a lot of following going on here, I hear you about Doug man, if that's how you really feel then so be it, I totally disagree but it is what it is....I feel that Doug is almost top 50, with that talent he has...but mos def is top 100 easily!

The problem with Doug E Fresh is that his particular skill seems to fall on deaf ears nowadays. I'm not saying that pertains to this forum because most people on here are knowledgable enough to appreciate what he brought to the table, but there are so many aspects of hip hop that have been abandoned.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:51 am

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

The problem with Doug E Fresh is that his particular skill seems to fall on deaf ears nowadays. I'm not saying that pertains to this forum because most people on here are knowledgable enough to appreciate what he brought to the table, but there are so many aspects of hip hop that have been abandoned.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but it really doesn't matter. If you don't/rarely bump him, I agree you probably shouldn't vote him in if that's how you feel. Fuck, I didn't even give Common top 100...obviously a preference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 11:31 am

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Umm Kev Lodi Dodi is hardly "local" my dude..LMAO! what are you talking about?? Snoop Dogg remade that one on "Doggystyle"

The Show is hardly a "local" classic and neither is "Rising To The Top", "Cut That Zero", "Aight", I mean I'm not sure where your going with this one trying to justify that neither vote cause it's not working man

I'd rather you just say I'm not really familiar with Doug like that and that's why I voted neither..cause that's not making any sense right now man, no disrespect, but this is real talk..

I meant his whole albums have more local fame than on a nationwide level. But his singles have been nationwide i'm sure like All the Way To Heaven, Rising To The Top, Aight, The Show, and Lodi Dodi. I don't know or ever heard anyone outside this forum talk about a Doug album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

i gave him top 100
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 12:33 pm

Neither. I love his beatboxing though...but he's not getting in the top 100.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:55 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Neither. I love his beatboxing though...but he's not getting in the top 100.

LMAO!

Linker what works and history do you HONESTLY know on Doug man?? I can see you plainly love his beatboxing but what else do you know about him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:59 pm

LMFAO at kev talking about local classics when half the shitty rappers he voted for only have local classics.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:01 pm

Cory wrote:
LMFAO at kev talking about local classics when half the shitty rappers he voted for only have local classics.

Cory, I'm beginning to worry about you man. You stop by once or twice a day. Swear at people. Then leave. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:40 pm

Doug E Fresh is Top 100 ALL DAY! He's the greatest beatboxer of all time (Yes, better than Buffy from the Fat Boys IMO) and he has a ton of classic hits. Anybody voting neither here needs to wake up. He's one of the greatest live performers of all time, and has taught many acts how to put on a live show and get the crowd pumpin.

Definitely one of the best rap acts of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:43 pm

lol...you have OBVIOUSLY never heard Rahzel and countless other acts, Doug E. did it first and brought it to the forefront, but don't get it twisted dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:43 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:

Tech N9ne is a UNDERGROUND legend, but Doug E Fresh is a UNIVERSAL legend. That's the difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:45 pm

Steve wrote:
lol...you have OBVIOUSLY never heard Rahzel and countless other acts, Doug E. did it first and brought it to the forefront, but don't get it twisted dude.

I HAVE heard Rahzel, he's from the LEGENDARY Roots crew. BUT Doug was doper IMO and had more classic hits. I like Razhel but Doug is a better overall beatboxer IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

I'd say Scratch is better than Rahzel.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:36 pm

Once and for all people Tech Nine is a legend to the people of this forum...OF THIS FORUM..in other words to the heads of this forum (not including me) he stands as a testament of being a legend, to me he is an above-average lyricist, with suspect production who has made a few decent albums..a legend??

2Pac
LL Cool J
Scarface
Rakim
Doug E. Fresh
Jay-Z
Ice Cube
Chuck D
Black Thought
Gangstarr
A Tribe Called Quest
NWA
Dr.Dre
Pete Rock And CL Smooth
MF Doom (because of his work with KMD and his huge underground following)
Wu-Tang Clan

now those right there are some examples of hip-hop LEGENDS....some of the best to ever do it

not heads like:

Tech Nine
Canibus
Gift Of Gab
EL-P
Esham
Chino XL
K-Rino
Vakill
SkyZoo
Haystak

and some of these other mummies you dudes keep loving and wanting babies from...lol...yuck, that's just nasty man! study your hip-hop people..lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 23 Jun 2009, 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:39 pm

I can see Pete Rock as a legend, but not CL Smooth...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:41 pm

Xcel wrote:

LMAO...see what I mean??
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Once and for all people Tech Nine is a legend to the people fo this forum...OF THIS FORUM..in other words to the heads of this forum (not including me) he stands as a testament of being a legend, to me he is an above-average lyricist, with suspect production who has made a few decent albums..a legend??

2Pac
LL Cool J
Scarface
Rakim
Doug E. Fresh
Jay-Z
Ice Cube
Chuck D
Black Thought
Gangstarr
A Tribe Called Quest
NWA
Dr.Dre
Pete Rock And CL Smooth
MF Doom (because of his work with KMD and his huge underground following)
Wu-Tang Clan

now those right there are some examples of hip-hop LEGENDS....some of the best to ever do it

not heads like:

Tech Nine
Canibus
Gift Of Gab
EL-P
Esham
Chino XL
K-Rino
Vakill
SkyZoo
Haystak

and some of these other mummies you dudes keep loving and wanting babies from...lol...yuck, that's just nasty man! study your hip-hop people..lol

yea i agree with the whose a legend and whos not BUT Tech N9ne has an even BIGGER underground following than MF Doom and thats an absolute fact, he became the first independent artist to sell a million
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:47 pm

Slang, even with those sales MF Doom has a much larger fan base, are you saying that everyone that buys an album is a fan?? I beg to differ my dude..Doom in the underground has one of the largest fan bases in the game, and he's a much better lyricist than Tech Nine as well IMO
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:49 pm

I bought Blackilcious Slang, LMAO! see what I mean man?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:51 pm

both are two of my favorite artists but you would be surprised how large Tech N9ne's fan base is, apparently at the Paid Dues tour, which featured a ton of hip hop legends, Tech N9ne had the largest response and it was described as literally "an enormous flood of people moving toward the stage before Tech was about to perform"...the article went on to describe it as something the writer has never seen before
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:52 pm

Yeah they probably were about to bust his ass PM Dawn style, LMAO

but seriously though even with "the crowd moving towards the stage" that dude is NOT a legend man come on dawg..lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

hes not a legend yet but he could be when its all said and done...i just thought the criteria you used for Doom as being a legend were basically the same as Tech N9ne's accomplishments with the sales and fan base and everything
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

Powell, according to what info does Doom have a much larger fanbase than Tech N9ne? The fact you like him more? The fact you know his career more closely? Tech N9ne consistently sells more albums than Doom, what more is there to say? Is everyone who buy his albums a fan, no, but same goes for Doom. You just can't accept anything outside your purview, can you? I don't even like Tech N9ne, but he obviously has a huge following for an independent artist, by most indications bigger than Doom's fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:57 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Xcel wrote:

LMAO...see what I mean??

LOL you really think he's a legend? I want to see who else thinks he is a legend...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:59 pm

Jason wrote:
Powell, according to what info does Doom have a much larger fanbase than Tech N9ne? The fact you like him more? The fact you know his career more closely? Tech N9ne consistently sells more albums than Doom, what more is there to say? Is everyone who buy his albums a fan, no, but same goes for Doom. You just can't accept anything outside your purview, can you? I don't even like Tech N9ne, but he obviously has a huge following for an independent artist, by most indications bigger than Doom's fanbase.

He has a larger fan base Jason it's a fact lil man....your just upset because I dissed your beloved boyfriend Gift Of Flab yet once again, mind your fuckin business no one asked for Jason's lousy opinion on anything...lol
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:00 pm

Way to say nothing worthwhile yet again. Just so you know, you thinking something doesn't make it a fact. I know, it's confusing.

Oh, and you obviously think about Gift of Gab much more than me. And oddly enough, you seem to think about his body quite a lot. It's weird and disturbing.

Last edited by Jason on Tue 23 Jun 2009, 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:02 pm

Hey Powell... I respect that fact that you always give your opinion and stand by it (I don't always agree).... I all so understand that you don't really care for Tech N9ne but, could you please spell his name right. At the very least respect his hustle and the name he has built for himself.... And by the way Tech Nine is a rapper from the group UNLV......
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:02 pm

Yes XCL I think CL Smooth combined with Pete Rock is a LEGEND...as great as Pete is as a producer no one has spit over Pete's beats better IMO than CL Smooth

as a duo they are LEGENDS
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:06 pm

Jason wrote:
Way to say nothing worthwhile yet again. Just so you know, you thinking something doesn't make it a fact. I know, it's confusing.

Oh, and you obviously think about Gift of Gab much more than me. And oddly enough, you seem to think about his body quite a lot. It's weird and disturbing.

LOL and as usual your on my SACK again, very rarely if at all do I EVER ask for your opinion on ANYTHING...now do I?? after that horrible experience with your tastes can you blame me??

Pounds? yes
Kev? yes
Cory? yes
Terry? yes
Slang? yes

I could name some more but you'll never see Jason's name appear...but he sees my name and wants to start puckering up lips...I'm married I'll pass dawg

Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 23 Jun 2009, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:07 pm

Yet you've followed me around whining about Gift of Gab for months.

Maybe it's not me you're upset with. Maybe it's him. We do have this flood of posts with you describing his body to us. Are you a woman scorned? Is that where this anger comes from? I'm sure your time together meant as much to him as it did to you. Let go of the anger.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:08 pm

Jason wrote:
Yet you've followed me around whining about Gift of Gab for months.

Maybe it's not me you're upset with. Maybe it's him. We do have this flood of posts with you describing his body to us. Are you a woman scorned? Is that where this anger comes from? I'm sure your time together meant as much to his as it does to you.

HUH?? umm Jason stick to Silver Jews??? whatever that means..lol
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

"Yes XCL I think CL Smooth combined with Pete Rock is a LEGEND...as great as Pete is as a producer no one has spit over Pete's beats better IMO than CL Smooth

as a duo they are LEGENDS"

I disagree man, I think the main reason why CL Smooth was able to drop a classic was because of Pete Rock's production for the most part. He is a nice mc, but he is really not that spectacular imo...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next