Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Song of the Day #1

Go down 
+3
Deanie O'Banion
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
7 posters

?
Thumbs Up
Song of the Day #1  Vote_lcap88%Song of the Day #1  Vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
Thumbs Down
Song of the Day #1  Vote_lcap12%Song of the Day #1  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage

Song of the Day #1  Empty
PostSubject: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:24 pm

Honestly, just a random song I'll post each day and hopefully some people will dig a song here and there:

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:41 pm

pretty dope they used part of that beat on Illegal Business didnt they? i know ve definitely heard the sample before at least

and how are Mall's other albums? IS Illegal Business 2000 produced by Khayree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:47 pm

Well the beat is famous from Ain't No Fun. As far as Khayree, he's involved with some production on Mac Mall's later albums but he does not produce a full one, I will pull em out later and let you know the # of tracks he produces. As far as recs, nothing in his career comes close to the dopeness of Illegal Business but Untouchable and 2000 are both worth a spin at least, even Mackin Speaks Louder, his new shit though from the last few years may not be your thing.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:51 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well the beat is famous from Ain't No Fun. As far as Khayree, he's involved with some production on Mac Mall's later albums but he does not produce a full one, I will pull em out later and let you know the # of tracks he produces. As far as recs, nothing in his career comes close to the dopeness of Illegal Business but Untouchable and 2000 are both worth a spin at least, even Mackin Speaks Louder, his new shit though from the last few years may not be your thing.

LOL DUH im a moron. But anyway, the Amazon reviewers make it seem Khayree produced all of 2000...and im sampling it on itunes right now...for some reason the snippets are 1:30 long and im really diggin this. This is gonna be on my short list of next things to cop. Its a completely different direction from Illegal Business (which is a 5 star classic to me now) but this sounds like i could dig it just as much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:52 pm

Yeah, it was on Khayree's label... but I remember Terry asking me the same thing and seeing Khayree didn't produce 100% of it...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:53 pm

2000 almost seems like a Bay version of Dan the Automator type shit, dope as fuck to these ears, gotta cop this soon. Beats sound haunting with a funk element, like dark funk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:54 pm

Oh and this song is from a compilation HEAT which for some reason is real expensive... used to be .01...lol... dope from start to finish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 10:55 pm

If you like that dark funk shit snippet untouchable then... he had a darker sound on that CD too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 12:35 am

Its aiight. Snoop used this sample so well its hard to take this one serious. Nothing about that song makes me want to hear more.

But I am gong to fianlly get Illegal Biz. I got Untouchable. Which album has Ghetto Theme? or whatever that song is that had Pac in the video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 12:36 am

Oh thumbs down by the way. Its not a wack song at all but its nothing that good either.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 12:46 am

Hater.

This song is pimpin

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 1:51 am

Thumbs up, not way up. Nice work finding a track I don't have though SRP. Illegal Business? 2000 was all produced by Khayree except Don't Move which was produced by JT The Bigga Figga. There was some extra percussion work on Rude Boy & Clock Work by Daraka Shaheed. I was disapointed with 2000, but only because the original is one of my favorite records of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

lol... I know it can never touch the OG, but I dig it and I think Mac Mall and Dubee go off on it with some nice hometown love. And I am surprised this never made it on some Thizz comp or album.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 3:41 am

I gave it a thumbs up. It's a good song, though not great or really outstanding to me in any way. Just one of those tracks I could vibe to and enjoy, without thinking to myself "what the fuck is this garbage?!" Pretty much an enjoyable track.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 12:48 pm

Pretty much what Myestro said...I don't understand, if you like a song...why wouldn't you like a song that sounds like it?
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:50 pm

KRob, don't wait any longer man. Cop "Illegal Business" as soon as possible. That album is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 3:29 pm

I like this. I'm not much of an open listener but I'm glad I checked this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 9:25 pm

I didn't expect to like this, but I do actually. That 2nd MC is dope as fuck and the beat is classic. Not as dope as It Ain't No Fun, but dope nonetheless. Thumbs Up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song of the Day #1    Song of the Day #1  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Song of the Day #1
Page 1 of 1