Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Wayne
Laced With Slang
Half
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Empty
PostSubject: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:10 pm

SPITTING FIYAH!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 6:26 pm

LOOOOOOOOOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:08 pm

These are the type of mofo's I envision on forums that swear they tap into the bloodline of rap music. I find it funny to debate hip hop with them.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:10 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
These are the type of mofo's I envision on forums that swear they tap into the bloodline of rap music. I find it funny to debate hip hop with them.

Are you saying that's how you envision Slang?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 7:09 pm

This album is tremendous, but then again, it's rare that Ghostface disappoints. 4.5 star rating for this album, and in addition to Kanye's album, this album has to be the best out right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 8:01 pm

Wayne wrote:
This album is tremendous, but then again, it's rare that Ghostface disappoints. 4.5 star rating for this album, and in addition to Kanye's album, this album has to be the best out right now.

I can't wait to bump this on Saturday. Would you say that this is on par with Fishscale, Wayne?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:05 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:

I can't wait to bump this on Saturday. Would you say that this is on par with Fishscale, Wayne?

Although it's a tremendous album, it's not on par with Fishscale.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

It's not on par with Fishscale, but the album is dope. In The Park w/ Black Thought>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. I swear to god BT kills the track.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It's not on par with Fishscale, but the album is dope. In The Park w/ Black Thought>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. I swear to god BT kills the track.

Completely cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

T. Myers wrote:

my god strike you where you stand for that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

I would also like to take the time to tell Jeff to avoid Death Of A Pop Star because it is Spiritually Produced by God.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:13 pm

i wont hear this til christmas but i heard In the Park, Purified Thoughts, and the PeteRock track

Terry how is Death of a Pop Star?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

I am on Track 8 of 12. I'll try to finish spinning this tonight or spin the rest tomorrow. Work will be calling at 3am. I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:15 am

After 2 spins, I am going with 4.25 stars. Jim Jones never helps album ratings. I have Apollo Kids at #4 behind Supreme Clientele, Ironman & Fishscale for now but that could change at anytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 10:58 am

Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Completely cosign.

I'm not surprised, Black Thought is one of the GOAT's.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 1:16 pm

Highsmith wrote:
After 2 spins, I am going with 4.25 stars. Jim Jones never helps album ratings. I have Apollo Kids at #4 behind Supreme Clientele, Ironman & Fishscale for now but that could change at anytime.

I'm still at 4.5 for this one. Apollo Kids is #5 for me behind The Big Doe Rehab.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 1:18 pm

Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

I'm still at 4.5 for this one. Apollo Kids is #5 for me behind The Big Doe Rehab.

jesus this is 4.5 and #5??? how high do you rate Big Doe?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 1:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Big Doe Rehab is 4.5 for me also. That's the rating I gave it on first listen and it remains my rating to this day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

craziness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:07 pm

I listened to this album once so this is not my concrete opinion on it. But its typical Ghostface and in the same vein as Big Doe Rehab. Its a good album but something seems to be missing. I'll say 3.75 range as of now.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:08 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I listened to this album once so this is not my concrete opinion on it. But its typical Ghostface and in the same vein as Big Doe Rehab. Its a good album but something seems to be missing. I'll say 3.75 range as of now.

At this point, what do you think could be missing in your opinion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:10 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

At this point, what do you think could be missing in your opinion?

I can't put my finger on it. Maybe there is just something about the album as a whole. It feels like some songs put together but not an album. If that makes sense? I think it could have used some Rza or Tru Master production. There are a lot of guest also. But most did there thing except for The Game. He sounds like he has lost his confidence or something.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 11:19 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Completely cosign.

I'm not surprised, Black Thought is one of the GOAT's.

He's a very good freestyler.

Oh yeah, and I like Apolo Kids. Wayyyyyy better then Ghostdini but not quite as good as Ironman (his best IMO). 4.5 stars for Apolo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 12:39 pm

HOT DAMN this shit is FIRE!!! This is vintage Ghost. I don't know what the hell Kev is talking about, Starks came hard as hell on this album! My favorite tracks are Troublemakers, In The Park, and Black Tequila.

Black Thought absolutely ripped In The Park!! Just another reason why he's one of the greatest (and most underrated) rappers of all time.

Ghost is moving into Top 10 status on my GOAT list with this release. How You Like Me Baby is the only true skip track I've heard after the first spin. I'll revisit this thread after spinning this a few more times, for now though I'll give it 4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 12:46 pm

Yeah, my friend downloaded this last week and I heard a bunch of tracks from it. Sounded real good to these ears..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 2:08 am

Wayne wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Big Doe Rehab is 4.5 for me also. That's the rating I gave it on first listen and it remains my rating to this day.

I have Big Doe rated at 4.25. I honestly don't understand the hate for that album. Ghost went hard as fuck and was spittin some realness on that album. Toney Sigel, Killa Lipstick, Paisley Darts, Yolanda's House, Rec Room Therapy, that album sounded like vintage Ghost to me. It's not as good as Apollo Kids IMO, but it's easily 5th in his catalog.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

This is Slang Editorial
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 3:41 pm

Lol indeed
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 5:21 pm

Rec Room Therapy >>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:09 pm

lol yea right

@Trotter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review   Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slang Editorial's Apollo Kids Review
Page 1 of 1