Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New work from Blu

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:29 am

According to an interview on Hiphopdx.com, Blu has a new album called "No York" coming out. He also said him and Exile are planning on doing another album. That's big news, but unfortunately, it's probably going to be a bit of a let down because I just don't see them matching what they did with "Below The Heavens".
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 9:55 am

All the pressure is on Exile, really. I think Blu is consistent.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 10:58 am

Blu is not consistant.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:02 pm

It would be more interesting to see what you actually think, Kevin...rather than just disagreeing with every post I make like a spiteful preschooler.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

Hmmmm, I agree with Kev (not that I'm "taking sides"....). I think Blu will have to have a great showing with Exile on this release. I don't see why all the pressure is on Exile. After listening to all of Blu's work very closely, and scrutinizing it, I do not feel he displayed his better work on any other album but "Below The Heavens". He feels at home on those beats. He was more inspired by those beats. It will be a tough album to match. And it ain't all up to Exile IMO. It will take a hip-hop miracle to match that chemistry....
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 9:59 pm

I prefer Blu's performance on J&J by miles, personally. I also think his basement productions have been all of excellent. Exile, on the other hand, dropped a pretty weak album with Radio. I also think Waiting Room is a far cry from Below the Heavens.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 8:57 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I prefer Blu's performance on J&J by miles, personally. I also think his basement productions have been all of excellent. Exile, on the other hand, dropped a pretty weak album with Radio. I also think Waiting Room is a far cry from Below the Heavens.

Miles? You know my thoughts - it was a decent album, but not all that IMO. The Waiting Room is no match for Below The Heavens. That album was recorded in 2005, and I'd say I heard improved beats from him on Below The Heavens (obviously) and his first solo "Dirty Science". "Radio" is not an album I bumped much, but it was no Below The Heavens. Really, they inspired each other greatly on Below The Heavens IMO. They will both need to bring their a-game to come close to it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New work from Blu Empty
PostSubject: Re: New work from Blu   New work from Blu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New work from Blu
Page 1 of 1